Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a replacement Sim with the same number from Vodafone as a pay as you go c

Options
  • 01-01-2020 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

If yes, what does it cost. I lost my old sim by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dots1982 wrote: »
    If yes, what does it cost. I lost my old sim by the way.

You can normally pickup a sim in any store, and phone them to switch you number to the new sim, assuming the number still active and you can pass what ever security questions they have.

Last time we did it, there was no change, but it a year or more ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

You can normally pickup a sim in any store, and phone them to switch you number to the new sim, assuming the number still active and you can pass what ever security questions they have.

Last time we did it, there was no change, but it a year or more ago.

Ok, nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Payg may be different to bill pay as they can't verify it's your number unless you have it registered / have receipts for top ups.

Probably can be done, but not instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

If its registered in your name, bring an I.d and they'll swap it to a new sim there and then, if not it can be tough luck because they have to be able to prove it's yours. Cc may be able to help but not necessarily if the no. Hasn't been registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mjolnir wrote: »
    If its registered in your name, bring an I.d and they'll swap it to a new sim there and then, if not it can be tough luck because they have to be able to prove it's yours. Cc may be able to help but not necessarily if the no. Hasn't been registered.

Actually, they offered this to me the last time, but it's the wife's phone and she was not with me, so they just gave me the new sim, and we phoned them later when at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 aineo

Any advice, I'm vodafone redessential. Contract up next month, thinking of pay as you go, would like unlimited data, better package generally. I'm android, but thinking huwawie, anyone have experience lyca or any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Advertisement