Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer PS4 saves to PC

Options
  • 02-01-2020 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Is it possible? I don't play the PS4 much anymore. There's maybe 1 game that I still play and it's available for PC as well. I'd rather have it on PC cos I've an SSD so the loading times would be better. I know you can install an SSD in the PS4 but it's not really an economical expense for me. I'd rather keep than have to try and start afresh with the game, there's hundreds of hours put into it and unique thinks I've unlocked I'd rather not lose by starting afresh on PC. I'm not even that bothered about trading in or selling the PS4, I did some price checks online for the model I've got and based on my past experience of trading in consoles, I really don't see I'd get much for it so it'll probably maybe just go in the attic.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you have PS+? If so, you get cloud saves, so even if you stop playing but want to go back in a few months, get the sub again and all your saves will be on it (get a month and cancel).

Alternatively, you can save them onto a USB and transfer to a PC, and the opposite way if you want to. Can't imagine the save files themselves will be too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

They won't work on the PC. So no point doing what op asks even if physically possible. Unless your game can sync all your save data to the game servers based on your user name then you will start from the start when you move platform.

Advertisement