Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Just a general question. Does the majority on here keep their score when out playing a casual round?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

If I'm playing with a few mates, yes I'd keep score as there is always something on the game, for now it's a fiver and when all is back to normal you could be playing for your lunch but if I'm on my own then I wouldn't as I'd normally be throwing a few balls down for practice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Just a general question. Does the majority on here keep their score when out playing a casual round?

Just in head - so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Yea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

It depends. My 9 holes on Wed were:
    Par, Birdie, Birdie, Par, cant remember etc..
    If it's good, it gets remembered (and no gimmes allowed, no retake shot); if not, it's forgotten about pretty quickly (might hit shot/ putt again and gimmes allowed!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Everytime, use the score feature on Garmin GPS. Have every round since 2013.

Went up this evening to play at 5:06, in 3 ball with 2 mates, finished with 39 pts off 9 in a Gale,had 17 pts on front 9 then bogied 10th with a 3 putt and had 8 pars in a row to finish 22 on back 9...Took the money

Sorry,forgot to say we finished at 8:25, if only it was like that all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Went up this evening to play at 5:06, in 3 ball with 2 mates, finished with 39 pts off 9 in a Gale,had 17 pts on front 9 then bogied 10th with a 3 putt and had 8 pars in a row to finish 22 on back 9...Took the money

Great shooting.

Played in a Gale yesterday and in a near hurricane today, Shot 33pts 14/19 to take winning pot in our WhatsApp group comp..The wind was so strong that I nearly got up on a 530 yd par 5 with a Drive and 8iron and on very next hole a par 3 of 156 to the flag needed a 3 wood to get to middle of green, It was as tough a day playing that I've endured for quite a while but still enjoyable..God it's great to be back..Looking forward to meeting up with the golf boarders in Kilkee Castle in July where Benny must be hot Fav...

• Advertisement

Played in a Gale yesterday and in a near hurricane today, Shot 33pts 14/19 to take winning pot in our WhatsApp group comp..The wind was so strong that I nearly got up on a 530 yd par 5 with a Drive and 8iron and on very next hole a par 3 of 156 to the flag needed a 3 wood to get to middle of green, It was as tough a day playing that I've endured for quite a while but still enjoyable..God it's great to be back..Looking forward to meeting up with the golf boarders in Kilkee Castle in July where Benny must be hot Fav...

Great golf in that.

6 over in a gale (for 9) - played better than that - but lost all my shots around the green , chipping is brutal. Long game as good as I remember at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

martinkop wrote: »
    Everytime, use the score feature on Garmin GPS. Have every round since 2013.

That's incredible. Do you do anything with the numbers, analyse them, learn anything from them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

35 points yesterday, in pretty rough wind conditions. Played well enough, thought it seemed like every 2nd shot took a bad roll/bounce or clipped a branch just enough to impact it badly. Putting was a mix of fantastic and utter ****e, and my long irons weren't great, but my driving and chipping was good. Happy enough with my scoring the last 3 rounds, with an average of 36 points over the 3 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

33 Points at Arklow in very tough weather conditions yesterday. Beaten by my brother who shot 35 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

4th round in 5 days. 28 points of 6.

Struggling with my irons and need some range time.

Hopefully back to more consistency when the internal comps start.

How stupid is this game, as I posted before 39 and 33 pts in Gale force winds and delighted , to score 33 today in near perfect conditions but what of it, great to be out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

How stupid is this game, as I posted before 39 and 33 pts in Gale force winds and delighted , to score 33 today in near perfect conditions but what of it, great to be out

Ah come on Golfhead, you know if handicaps are right you should be averaging around 32-33 points (if I'm remembering my numbers right)

So I reckon you're doing alright with a worst round of 33 after a couple of months off ;)

Ah come on Golfhead, you know if handicaps are right you should be averaging around 32-33 points (if I'm remembering my numbers right)

So I reckon you're doing alright with a worst round of 33 after a couple of months off ;)

Ah not complaining but you do raise your expectations when you shoot decent scores in high winds then stand on the 1st tee with perfect conditions and before you start you think 40+ today haha.thats the beauty of this game, you never have it bet

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

putting really good today, lot of good up and downs.

31 points off 6 and hopefully going in the right direction. Think i'm figuring a few things out.

5th round in 6 days. rest up for a few days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

36 points Sat with a bad wind.
    24 points today no wind.
    This game is nuts.

But is brilliant to be out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Similar for me today, with 31. Awful front 9, but pulled a few points back on the back. Driving was shockingly bad till around the 12th, where i think i figured out what i was doing wrong. Putting was also very poor, bar one fluke 30 footer for a point. Had a chat with two very interesting members, one of them who was 90 years old (and probably beat me :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

That's incredible. Do you do anything with the numbers, analyse them, learn anything from them?

I try to analyse to see which holes on our course are costing me shots and see if I can improve on them. Kind of my own personal hole index.
    Not sure it does much overall, but I like data :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

after a good round last monday, wednesday was merely ok, 30 points
    friday in the gale was just not interesting and felt like a slog. i gave up counting properly, i think i shot about 92

yesterday after 2 days off was better, 2hr 50 to get around in a 2ball in Castleknock :D
    started well with a regulation par but after being close to the par 5 second in 2, a shocking approach from 70 yards found the sand and a bogey followed, par on three was followed by a nice drive on the 4th, but off the slightly forward tees and with a slight dogleg it turned out the drive was to good and was to long and found OB. a triple :(
    drove pin high on the 5th but basically found a hole so a tricky chip being afraid to hit it to hard was inevitably hit to soft and just trickled onto the green to ruin a good birdie opportunity but pars are always good playing off 12.
    another flushed drive on 6, another bit of bad luck as i again ran out of fairway and into heavy rough meant a drop was needed but with still a great chance to find hte par5 green in 3 i pulled it. another bogey. a 3putt bogey on 7 :(
    greenside on the par5 8th pin hight but a rotten position only 8 yards or so from the hole, up on a hill with the pin only on about on 2 yards, but i caught is perfect......... to miss the 3 footer :(
    a regulation par on 9 was followed by 2 more bogeys with 3putts on 10 and 11. then the game came good with 2 more regulation pars but pin high again on the index 1 14th left myself with another tricky chip like the 8th, but this time i flopped it to about 2.5foot.... missed the putt :(
    par on 15 was followed by two crackers on 16 to give myself an eagle putt. it was a long one so happy to walk away with birdie.
    17 is a beast of a hole and my best drive of the day left me between a wedge and 9 in. i opted for wedge as the prudent approach as it was plenty to find the middle of the green and i didnt want to risk going long. i duffed it....argghhhhh to leave myself the hardest shot in golf, 70yards from sand. well my best shot of the day surley as i stuck it to about 2 foot....guess what..... i left it in the jaws :(

a par on 18 finished the round +10, 39 points, but another case of what could have been. +3 on the back 9 and missing 4 simple putts is just so frustrating.
    game is there.... i just need to find the putting stroke again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Playing off 15 (GUI is 19)

Thursday - 34 points (19+15) - struggled on back 9 with tiredness. Saving by birdie on short par 3. Felt like I wasnt far off
    Saturday - 27 points (12+15) - lots of scratches. Struggled with the wind and awful off the tee. Couldnt have felt further away
    Sunday - 30 points (12+18) - 3 scratches on the front 9 but drove the ball reasonably well. One the scratches was a 4 putt that actually wasnt the worst 4 putt. Putting down a massive hill and was literally 6 inches short. Second flew past hole and we all know what happened next. But felt closer again. Time to start again

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

38 off 13.
    20 front nine with a scratch of easiest hole par 3 but OOB with tee shot.
    18 back with a scratch on 17. Had 35 points after 15 holes and was 50 yards out from hole on par 5 16th, chucked wedge and 3 putts followed by a scratch on 17. Bogeyed last hole but really should of broke 40.

Driving was very good but can't chip or putt at the moment.

Club have those putt buddy's in the flags but they are quite bulky and it makes the hole seem smaller and hard to make ball drop so decided that a ball hitting the pin is deemed holed unless it is travelling at a crazy pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

lads,

I don't know if this thread is killing me or keeping me alive

june 8th cant come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

32, 37, 37, 33 for 4 rounds in the past 8 days. Figuring out some stuff so when it goes well its as good as I've ever hit it but big lefts when I over do it so its a balancing act. Overall I am happy.

Yesterday's 33 was a 2hr 15min round. Pulled up to the course to be warned I wouldn't be getting much conversation out of the guy I was paired with. Walked up to the first, no eye contact and no chat. I asked if he was ready to hit and he abruptly said no. Got the hint he was looking for a solo round so off I went. Maybe he was down for 8am for a reason so I didn't take it personally.

Not sure about anyone else but I can't play to a normal pace on my own. I run the course and rush shots with little to no discipline. 33 was good considering all that but not the way I wanted the round to go on my day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Playing off 15 (GUI is 19)

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

30 points today. Very fast start today points wise, 3 better after 4, but went to crap after that. Played on my own so think rushed around too much, wasnt getting much luck off the tee when struck well. Round in 2 hours 10 though

Advertisement