Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query on cost of General Employment Permit

Options
  • 02-01-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there,

I am a Malaysian national who just recently graduated from an Irish university with a media degree.

I want to know, what is the financial cost for employers to register for a working visa for me, if I was hired.

I have a friend in the UK, who said it cost thousands over there in UK. This could help me understand why non EU graduates may find it harder to seek employment.

Thanks. Happy New Year btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Standard work permit is in the region of €1k. If the application fails they get €950 of that back. With some exceptions you can't apply for a work permit for someone who is already in the country. You also need to make sure that whatever the job title is, the role description does not fit any occupation on the ineligible list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am a Malaysian national who just recently graduated from an Irish university with a media degree.

I want to know, what is the financial cost for employers to register for a working visa for me, if I was hired.

I have a friend in the UK, who said it cost thousands over there in UK. This could help me understand why non EU graduates may find it harder to seek employment.

Thanks. Happy New Year btw.

Generally speaking an employment permit will cost you or your employer €1,000.

As a graduate you will probably be able to apply from within the State as you should be able to get a Stamp 1g for graduates.

Advertisement