Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Puncture repair kits near East Wall area

Options
  • 02-01-2020 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Any shops nearby that sell these? The usual discounters dont seem to stock them any more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

http://www.littlesportbikes.ie/
    and city cycles at 29 Marino Mart, both in fairview should be the closest bike shop to east wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Shaka on Amiens Street have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Don't bother, get a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres on the bike and you won't ever need a puncture repair kit again.

Best tyre's I've ever used, I've a set on my commuter bike and I've been puncture free 3 years now (cycling 40km to and from work per day).. My road/training bike will get these fitted when its tires at due for replacement, its running Gatorskin's atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You can still get punctures with Schwalbe Marathon Plus even if it hasn't happened to you personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You can still get punctures with Schwalbe Marathon Plus even if it hasn't happened to you personally.

Sorry Colonel Pedantic, I didn't mean it literally but punctures a rare on them.

For the hassle of the [very small] price of a puncture repair kits, carry it around along with a pump and fixing punctures roadside I think Schwalbe Marathons are worth the expense of changing tires.

Dublinbikes are using them and many round the world riders find that can make a whole trip puncture free on 'em.. Downside is said to be weight (I've never found that an issue) and if you do get a puncture they're supposedly very difficult to get off the rim.

Right, OP enjoy the cycling. Winter is a brutal time of the year for punctures.

Ride safe.

• Advertisement

So don't bother with a puncture repair kit, but get a puncture repair kit. Gotcha!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/PHy - if nothing shows, click 'Run'. Can be zoomed, re-positioned, etc. May not work on some devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Yeah if you happen to cycle over a nuke! They are close to bomb proof TBF!

Check out the sliver of glass on my Schwalbe Marathon Plus! Thermonuclear!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Don't bother, get a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres on the bike and you won't ever need a puncture repair kit again.
    I still got loads of punctures with gatorskins, none with the marathon plus, and I was VERY reckless about where I cycled.

The other huge benefit is the lifespan of them. They are very hard wearing and this is not said enough about them. They cost a fair bit but I would not say they are expensive since they last so much longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement