Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    On paper yes the increase in traffic could warranted an extra mod.... if it was needed, however this place is just too nice to need a 3rd mod, honestly this place doesn't even need me as a mod but 2 makes sense incase one mod is off enjoying personal time, from a mod perspective there is very little to do, the community here is the nicest, the worst we get is the stray you know it's only May, etc.

Well we still appreciate it.
    Sometimes its the little things that make a difference and modding isn't always about being heavy handed & dishing out cards & ye guys handle it perfectly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sept - Dec had 41 days where post count was above 100 posts per day.

That is the most amazing state for me. Over 100 post in a day is a lot when you think of it for a relatively small group.
    And to echo's Posy's comments on this, if things getting back to normal results in less posts then let 2020 forever hold the record! :)

I've said it before, lets have something positive to remember 2020 for. It will be nice to look back in years to come and talk about (potentially) the forums busiest year ever :)
    Jude13 wrote: »
    I posted a lot more for a couple of reasons, I no longer felt like a newbie and I was in clients office less. I simply will not log on when in a clients office for obvious reasons.

I was the same. Having being a lurker for a good while, then a newbie poster, I felt more confident last year and hence posted more.
    So yesterday we broke the 100 post mark for the first time in 2021, it took us until September 24th to achieve the same feat last year.

Can honestly say that was looking like a horrible morning yesterday, being back in work, turned into a positive one thanks you kind folks. Was like catching up with with friends/family after awhile and hearing what everyone has been up to, how they are getting on etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So yesterday we broke the 100 post mark for the first time in 2021, it took us until September 24th to achieve the same feat last year.

Well we've only just bloody gone and done it again, we broke the 100 post mark yesterday as well! :eek:

Setting the bar high early!

Predicting that we will smash Jan '20.

Well we've only just bloody gone and done it again, we broke the 100 post mark yesterday as well! :eek:

Suspect we'll do it again today given the activity already this morning.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Suspect we'll do it again today given the activity already this morning.

By lunchtime!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    By lunchtime!

Haha, I wouldn't go that far, there's an initial 9am rush then things tend to die down until lunchtime. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It's a lovely forum. I don't post very much in it but love the pictures of the trees and decorations and reading about traditions people have, either ones they are carrying on, or new ones they set up. And Christmas buys, of course.

It's a lovely forum. I don't post very much in it but love the pictures of the trees and decorations and reading about traditions people have, either ones they are carrying on, or new ones they set up. And Christmas buys, of course.

Well don't be afraid to post more often, the more the merrier is the mantra in here!! :)

Well don't be afraid to post more often, the more the merrier is the mantra in here!! :)

Absolutely.

Hang around and join in, I promise you wouldn't regret it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

TRS30 wrote: »
    Setting the bar high early!

Predicting that we will smash Jan '20.
    At least 36,000 posts this year if we keep going as we have been the last couple of days. :D :pac:

And we got the hattrick not only was yesterday over the 100 post mark but it was also busier than Mon & Tues. I imagine the buzz of ChristmasFM take the credit for that.

After 1 week of Jan-21 we are now half way there to beating Jan-20. :eek:

And we got the hattrick not only was yesterday over the 100 post mark but it was also busier than Mon & Tues. I imagine the buzz of ChristmasFM take the credit for that.

Back of the net :D

Take that Mon & Tues.......

Have a feeling we might slow down after yesterdays fun & games, still though an impressive start to the new year.

And we made it 4 days of above-100 posts in a row. Unreal start to the year, no doubt powered by Lockdown 3.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Absolutely amazing!!

Thats phenomenal.
    I felt it was a bit slower yesterday (which is to be expected as we push further into January) but delighted to see we still had that high level of traffic.

Dare we complete the working week with another ton today!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Would be a good end to the first week back!

Thats phenomenal.
    I felt it was a bit slower yesterday (which is to be expected as we push further into January) but delighted to see we still had that high level of traffic.

Same, to be honest, didnt think we would hit the ton yesterday as went a bit quiet mid afternoon. Delighted to hear we made it!

Could be a challenge today with people not working etc however who doesn't love a good challenge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Loughc is like the festive antithesis of Tony Holohan. Every day, we wait for the updated figures, only in Loughc's case, the higher the better! And I much prefer these statistics compared to Dr. Tony's.

• Advertisement

And we made it 4 days of above-100 posts in a row. Unreal start to the year, no doubt powered by Lockdown 3.0
    Thats phenomenal.

We dare....

5 days in a row.

Unbelievably we surpassed 100 posts yesterday.... which is very unheard off for a Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I've made myself a little promise, to do at least two happy posts in the forum each day-preferably in the morning to set me up for the day!

Unbelievably we surpassed 100 posts yesterday.... which is very unheard off for a Sunday!

was Saturday out by many? It did seem a tad quieter.

was Saturday out by many? It did seem a tad quieter.

Saturday was less than half of Sunday's, to be expected, people tend to have jobs to do on a Saturday and Sunday tends to be a relax infront of the tv/fire day. Especially during lockdown.

Saturday was less than half of Sunday's, to be expected, people tend to have jobs to do on a Saturday and Sunday tends to be a relax infront of the tv/fire day. Especially during lockdown.

Absolutely.

I'm amazed at Sunday hitting the ton TBH.

Super effort guys. I can't claim any credit since I contributed absolutely zero posts :D

So yesterday was our busiest day so far and this morning we have surpassed Jan's 2020 total.

So yesterday was our busiest day so far and this morning we have surpassed Jan's 2020 total.

I should stop being surprised at this stage!

It's the 12th people, 12th!!! not even half way through the month yet :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That’s brilliant!!

Advertisement