Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Another massive day for posts yesterday, well over the 100 mark again and now for the month of January we have already broken the 2k posts mark. A first for January.

Another record goes.

People will start talking and asking if are on 'something' :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »

Well we are....

We're on Christmas Spirit!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Another record goes.

We get enough grief in after hours (and the odd post in here) as it is :D
    On that note, I'll never understand the attitude of some people who refer to us in here as mad or insane, or just plain weird for liking Christmas. The vast majority are indifferent to this forum I suspect but there's no shortage of people who love to be negative about christmas and see anyone such as ourselves who embrace it as being alien to them & deserving of contempt or rebuke. I just dont get people like that going out of their way to be negative like that. There's plenty of forums on boards discussing stuff I have no interest or like for but I'd have no interest or desire to comment on them either...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

DvB wrote: »
    I just dont get people like that going out of their way to be negative like that.

We were always taught "if you haven't got something nice to say, stay quiet!"

Well we are....

We're on Christmas Spirit!! :D

And it has the all clear from WADA too :D
    On that note, I'll never understand the attitude of some people who refer to us in here as mad or insane, or just plain weird for liking Christmas. The vast majority are indifferent to this forum I suspect but there's no shortage of people who love to be negative about christmas and see anyone such as ourselves who embrace it as being alien to them & deserving of contempt or rebuke. I just dont get people like that going out of their way to be negative like that. There's plenty of forums on boards discussing stuff I have no interest or like for but I'd have no interest or desire to comment on them either...

Modern society unfortunately. Rather then just worrying about themselves a lot of people like to comment on what other people do. Much like yourself, I couldn't care less what others do once it doesn't impact me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We were 2 posts shy yesterday for breaking the 100+ mark!

We were 2 posts shy yesterday for breaking the 100+ mark!

Ah no. & I had been checking in to see how the song tournament was going with no posts for ages... ah well.

Today is very slow too, cant see us reaching the ton today either, but you never know.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The song tournament thread had 626 posts- that's definitely given us a boost for the month! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I still haven't put away the nativity scene...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

My youngest made a paper Christmas tree, all decorated, in crèche and its still on her playroom was. No one has spotted it but me. It's right beside the light switch so not exactly hidden.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    I still haven't put away the nativity scene...

It does seem to be fading though :D

I think I know the answer already however did we get close to the ton yesterday??

I'm thinking not as was a bit quiet in the afternoon.

I think I know the answer already however did we get close to the ton yesterday??

Only over half a ton, bit of a drop off, will run another competition again in Feb to see if helps keeps people engaged.

We did surpass 2009's total entire number of posts for the year a few days ago though.

Since the song tournament ended we've definitely seen a drop off of posts. At least it certainly feels like that.

Too soon for another one? Or maybe leave it until next week & february? Afterall we've plenty of months to get through yet before we get to the business end of things.

*edit*
    Just read loughc's post above... February makes sense! Mad that we've already beaten an entire years total already though, even if it was one of the really early ones when I suspect few knew the forum even existed.

*edit*
    Just read loughc's post above... February makes sense! Mad that we've already beaten an entire years total already though, even if it was one of the really early ones when I suspect few knew the forum even existed.

It was the first proper year of the Christmas forum and even then it was originally only a seasonal forum, they just to lock it until September time.

Only over half a ton, bit of a drop off, will run another competition again in Feb to see if helps keeps people engaged.

We did surpass 2009's total entire number of posts for the year a few days ago though.

Are we going movies in Feb??

Are we going movies in Feb??

Haha you read my mind I was going to ask in the last thread, Movies or 80/90 songs next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Haha you read my mind I was going to ask in the last thread, Movies or 80/90 songs next?

I think movies next, then 80's songs in March!

Personally would like movies however happy to go with the majority.

Ps. we all know what the movie winner should be however how it run will have a big impact on the outcome!

Movies is a good shift away from the music. Then we can move back to music of the 80's & 90's after that. Then maybe adverts? With a swing back to pre 60's & 70's songs?

We could have 1 per month up until the summer at that rate :D

• Advertisement

Ps. we all know what the movie winner should be however how it run will have a big impact on the outcome!

I dont know what my own winner would be, so thats a big call... I'd have 2, maybe 3 that I'd be fairly torn between in a direct head to head.

I dont know what my own winner would be, so thats a big call... I'd have 2, maybe 3 that I'd be fairly torn between in a direct head to head.

Agree. My post was a bit tongue in cheek :)

I have one slightly clear favorite however a couple more close behind. Hope they not against each other in an early round!

Agree. My post was a bit tongue in cheek :)

I have one slightly clear favorite however a couple more close behind. Hope they not against each other in an early round!

Luck of the draw ;)

Movies is a good shift away from the music. Then we can move back to music of the 80's & 90's after that. Then maybe adverts? With a swing back to pre 60's & 70's songs?

We could have 1 per month up until the summer at that rate :D

Adverts is a great one, we also have tv specials.

Another reason to look forward to February. :D

That had to be the quietest day in here so far in 2021, seemed very quiet.

I think it probably was!

I'm tired of this dreary weather, it is sapping what little energy I have. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was out and about today and didn’t have access to post in here, I won’t let it happen again :D

Posy wrote: »
    I think it probably was!

I'm tired of this dreary weather, it is sapping what little energy I have. :(

It does make it harder thats for sure.

• Advertisement

That had to be the quietest day in here so far in 2021, seemed very quiet.

Work had me up the walls and Thursday night is the big shop night.

So that was my day done. Roll on Friday :)

Advertisement