Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Anyone for some mid month stat madness?

So with the help of the last tournament we ended up so far this month 161 posts ahead of last April's total number of posts :) We are almost 4,000 posts ahead of this time last year for the first 4 months of the year.

ooh, stats!!!

4000 up in less than 4 months!! That's phenomenal!
    Alot of that is down to the tourneys IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    ooh, stats!!!

4000 up in less than 4 months!! That's phenomenal!
    Alot of that is down to the tourneys IMO.

It's all down to the tourneys they even lead to extra traffic around as people hang around waiting to vote or see who wins.

It's all down to the tourneys they even lead to extra traffic around as people hang around waiting to vote or see who wins.

Guilty as charged m'lord!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I should stop been surprised at this stage.

We just keep out doing ourselves :D

Out of interest, how'd we finish up for April? Seemed like we definitely slowed down in terms of number of posts the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, how'd we finish up for April? Seemed like we definitely slowed down in terms of number of posts the last few weeks.

My head is telling me we are down on last year however every time I'm pleasantly surprised so as per post above.

Reckon we'll still be up, but not by as much as the rate of posting has clearly slowed down now.

Reckon we'll still be up, but not by as much as the rate of posting has clearly slowed down now.

Yep, if i was a betting man I reckon it will be this.

I suppose with us entering 'summertime' we were always likely to see the annual dip in posts we get at this time of year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are deffo up on last April. But I haven’t completed the tots just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc right now.

main-qimg-e5d6230725c9de883da24a76cfcecc89

Posy wrote: »
    Loughc right now.

main-qimg-e5d6230725c9de883da24a76cfcecc89

Who let you in :pac:

You better have brought cake :P

So the results for April are in...

We ended up 404 posts ahead of April last year, more than doubling last Aprils total number of posts.

We are now 4,137 posts ahead of this time last year. And we've now surpassed the year totals for 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014.

Mid way through May and we have now surpassed 2016 & 2017 year totals and we are 53 posts behind last year's May totals.

Mid way through May and we have now surpassed 2016 & 2017 year totals and we are 53 posts behind last year's May totals.

Phenomenal!

& there we were thinking the traffic had slowed a tad.

We have also passed the 7k post mark for this year.

Excellent stats there. :D

Have noticed a mark able uptick in the last week/10 days. It will probably ease back off again when summer holidays etc kick however we can ride the wave while it lasts :)

Nobody minds a summer slump- usually means everyone is off enjoying themselves too much to think about Boards! Never a bad thing, especially after last year! :pac:

And based off yesterdays posts we have now surpassed May 2020's total with a good bit of room to spare.

April 2020 was our lowest point last year and every month after gained posts until we peaked in November.

I don't see that being the case this year, I imagine this year will be different once things reopen in the summer.

• Advertisement

The TV specials is certainly giving May a boost, we're on course to doubt last months figure for May and we're hot on the tails of April-21.

The TV specials is certainly giving May a boost, we're on course to doubt last months figure for May and we're hot on the tails of April-21.

The TV specials has surprised me. It was following a couple of heavy hitters in movies and songs however is holding its own so far.

Once it lures people in then you start to see a lot more bold threads.

TRS30 wrote: »

As we observed this morning :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    The TV specials has surprised me. It was following a couple of heavy hitters in movies and songs however is holding its own so far.

Slow start, but picking up a pace now, a bit like our countdown in fact!!

Posy wrote: »
    Nobody minds a summer slump- usually means everyone is off enjoying themselves too much to think about Boards! Never a bad thing, especially after last year! :pac:

Skitting myself here :D

STATS STATS STATS!!!!

So May is in the bag, we ended up 612 posts ahead of May last year we are now 4,749 posts ahead of last year up to May.

May-21 actually ended up on 999 posts which hurts my little OCD brain, and I take full responsibility as I didn't post here yesterday :pac:

Bit surprised that last may only had 387 posts in total, seems low for what was a bumper year for us. But 999 for this year, thats an increase of 250%!! wow!

May last year had GLORIOUS weather if I'm remember it correctly I remember plenty of beach walks and drinking in the back garden pretending to be on holidays haha

May last year had GLORIOUS weather if I'm remember it correctly I remember plenty of beach walks and drinking in the back garden pretending to be on holidays haha

Think you're right, April & May were the height of the first lockdown with the amazing weather... remember WFH up in the attic room & the sun beaming in the rooflights & me sat in shorts & a t-shirt working away... a million miles from the office & shirts/ties/suite etc... thems the days eh..;)

• Advertisement

May-21 actually ended up on 999 posts which hurts my little OCD brain, and I take full responsibility as I didn't post here yesterday :pac:

Can you not do some dodgy accounting and find an extra post somewhere?!?

I think we are in same OCD club, 999 ahhhhh (head melting emoji)

Advertisement