Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Pity, guess we'll just have to go with our gut on the level of posts.

Definitely a great upswing in traffic the last while, which is great to see.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Never fear... It may have killed me and my work productivity but I did it haha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So naturally enough the numbers are way down since everything has re-opened everyone has been alot busier than the covid days I know I am!!

April came in at 315, down 447 on last year.

May came in at 374, 625 down on last year!

June came in at 435, 353 down on last year

• Advertisement

July came in at 331 , 144 down on last year

August came in at 812, 123 down on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Let's use our own metric, Christmas movie metric. We are currently at planes trains and automobiles level of forum activity, which will lead to a home alone 2 level by October. Then home alone 1 level by November, with the Toy Show culminating in the highest rating of Die Hard.

September is on course to drop below August and well below last year.

The trends are in line with previous years... increase each month from April-June, dip in July and surge in August onwards.

We are ahead of all previous years except 2021 and have already passed out 2007-2014 totals for the full year. Closing in on 2016/2017 next.

• Advertisement

Monday is still the busiest day of the week, followed by Tuesday then Thursday.

Saturday is the quietest day of the week by a large margin. With Sunday following it, then Friday.

Wednesday is the hump day in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We’ll have to fix that so 👍🎅🤶

If there was a good boards app I would check at the weekends but its probably best that I am offline a bit. The game threads are great, we just need a few more this year. The one year there was a boards member at the toy show was great.

What! No, it can't be. I feel old, and also reflective of all the good craic I have had on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Mad that we're ahead of all years but one, maybe that one year (2021) is a false benchmark in reality, that & the fact it was so recent is skewing the perception that this year has been quiet when in fact its been anything but. I'm genuinely surprised we're higher than every other year.

Fair play on the counting btw!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yeah we started off well in Jan-Feb but all the other months were either on par or slightly ahead of previous years. 2021 was a return to lockdown so I think people used this place as a community outreach more. It definitely is skewing the stats, as is 2020 to an extent in the later months. Overall we are ahead of where we should be at this stage and the traditional lull between Mar-Jul was back in force this year which was to be expected as life returned full hog.

Below are the stats for Jan-Aug over the years.

Firstly, great work @Loughc, never doubted that you'd pull it out of the bag!

Agree, that 2021, as we have discussed previously, is most likely an outlier and probably not the best to compare to. Would never have guessed we are ahead of every other year for the first 8 months and 800 odd posts ahead of 2020.

Sep-Dec 2020 was a beast tho, even 2021 couldn't compete with that, while we are ahead of 2020 now it will no doubt pull away over the next couple of months.

Outside of the COVID years we should be there or there abouts by New Years Eve. I think we will need to astrix 2020/2021 going forward haha. At least next year the comparison will be better.

• Advertisement

So yesterday was the busiest day on the forum since 15th of Feb!

Monday blues and lack of work motivation was my reason for posting so much!

Stats are in for September.

We ended the month 33 posts ahead of August 2022 but 230 behind Sept 2021.

We are in 3rd place over-all for Jan-Sept. 2021 still well ahead and 2020 will pull ahead from here out as well as 2020 Sept-Dec was MASSIVE.

The stats are in for October and no surprise we were behind Oct 2021 by 237.

Oct was ahead of Sept by 54 posts tho so that's good and November is off to a good start as well. Shaping up to be a very busy end of the year.

Jan-Oct 2022 ranks 3rd out of all the years, behind the 2 COVID years which makes sense really.

We are well ahead of all the 'normal' years so making nice progress IMO. Over doubled our output from 5 years ago!

So after 6 days in November the number of posts have passed out the total number of posts for the entire month of April 2022. 🙈🙈

That can be interpreted two different way 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

Amazing to log on at any point in the day and have numerous threads to read with new content! This is only the beginning of the run in too!

November is now the second busiest month this year with 9 days still to go!

• Advertisement

Is crazy in here at the minute! Was away for a few days and couldn't believe the number of bold threads. That werewolf game had 160 odd posts!!

Advertisement