Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland tour of West Indies 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

6 needed from the last ball

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s ON FUKKKKK... for the love of Javid Miandad.... YORKER....FULLL AND STRAIGHT !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

204 for 7,Bravo gone!! One ball with 5 runs needed

Yasssss dot ball, brilliant delivery !!!!!!

• Advertisement

hooray!!!!

Strumms, it's been emotional mate

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Yes lads! Beautiful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Woohoo, great win, great final ball.

What an over, 6, couple of outs, dots and an almost run out, had everything especially an Irish win :D

Ireland win by 4 wickets!!! Happy days

• Advertisement

Ireland just beat the West Indies, in Grenada.... fukkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

GET IN!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Josh Little wow, what a man. McCarthy owes him numerous red stripes.

Craig Young I was wrong well bowled😀

Paul Sterlings 95 came off 47 deliveries, some innings, pity he didn’t get the hundred he deserved but he won’t care about that now.

that mccarthy over holy god

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Not to big him up too much but Josh Little will potentially be the best bowler cricket has ever had

That was some last over tbh, after 27 runs off the 18th over I thought we were fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

county wrote: »
    That was some last over tbh, after 27 runs off the 18th over I thought we were fcuked.
    Agree 100%, great win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

McCarthy must be a VERY relieved man!! Appalling bowling and you could see his nerve had gone with last ball, a wide hip-high full toss!!

Great win all the same!! For once a close game goes Ireland’s way!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    McCarthy must be a VERY relieved man!! Appalling bowling and you could see his nerve had gone with last ball, a wide hip-high full toss!!

Great win all the same!! For once a close game goes Ireland’s way!

It looked as if he might have been bowling with his eyes closed, a total loss of nerve, he was struggling to keep the ball on the pitch,... somebody needs to have a word.... it didn’t cost us today but in future we might not get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

Great win - but Phil Simmons will be tearing his hair out!

First, Hetmeyer's insane attempts to throw his wicket away (Balbernie must be grateful that he got a second chance so soon after badly misjudging the first one!).

Plus Pooran's batting in Dockrell's last over was appalling. Four dots in a row, three of which would have been wides if he had copped himself on and left them alone! That was the over that left us in with a shout in the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Great result, thought it was gone tho after the 18th. Lucky

Barry McCarthy should know better than that, he`s been around long enough

Dockrell is beneath this level tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Great result, thought it was gone tho after the 18th. Lucky

Barry McCarthy should know better than that, he`s been around long enough

Dockrell is beneath this level tho

Dockrell averages 20.5 in T20 internationals. He averages over thirty against two teams (Afghanistan and Australia) and doesn't have an average against India, England and UAE. He has an overall economy of less than seven. I wouldn't have him as my first choice bowler but it's hardly clear that he is below this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Barney92 wrote: »
    Dockrell averages 20.5 in T20 internationals. He averages over thirty against two teams (Afghanistan and Australia) and doesn't have an average against India, England and UAE. He has an overall economy of less than seven. I wouldn't have him as my first choice bowler but it's hardly clear that he is below this level.

I`ve stood behind him watching his action and results. For me he does`nt do enough with the ball,his batting is not strong either. Plenty fine for Leinster Div 1. Not trying t0 knock the chap but in a situation like this is Andy McBrine not a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

2020Vision wrote: »
    Great win - but Phil Simmons will be tearing his hair out!

First, Hetmeyer's insane attempts to throw his wicket away (Balbernie must be grateful that he got a second chance so soon after badly misjudging the first one!).

Plus Pooran's batting in Dockrell's last over was appalling. Four dots in a row, three of which would have been wides if he had copped himself on and left them alone! That was the over that left us in with a shout in the 20th.

Phil Simmons doesn't have any hair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Windies win toss and for the fifth time in a row on this tour Ireland will bat first

Great six there, more boundaries needed, be an ideal time to up the rate a bit with wickets in hand.

Out of the ground by Delaney, fûck two unreal shots

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Gareth Delany is a health and safety hazard

• Advertisement

Brilliant catch there in fairness, running full pelt to make up the ground and then diving forward at speed to take the catch a foot off the deck.

Advertisement