Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing photos off iphone

Options
  • 02-01-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Need some help here. Have had a few iphones in my time primarily because work supply them. I'm on a 7 at the moment. Long story short, I'm passing on my current one to my wife as I have an upgrade which i'm waiting to set up. What i'd like to do is to basically just do a factory reset so my wife can set it up as a new phone but I (think) I need to remove the photos etc off it first. I've done this before by simply plugging into the computer and going through windows explorer to physically remove. But here in lies the problem now...

When I try to do it with this phone, I only see a fraction of the photos I know I've taken on the phone. I am automatically set up to save to iTunes for the record. I only see a few recent ones and I don't even think these were ones I took, more sent to me by WhatsApp. I've tentatively tried to look up how to do it and have iTunes downloaded but I'm kind of lost. I can't understand why they are not showing up in windows explorer.

Would anyone be able to steer me in the right direction with this?

"If" I can't get them off, what happen say if I give the phone to my wife and instead of factory resetting, I just log out of my account and my wife sets up her own? Will the photos just remain on the phone and appear in her newly set up photo stream? What happens when I set up my new phone, will they still appear in my icloud account even though they are now stored on a phone with a different apple account?

Really need help on this! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Your photos as uploaded to iCloud every time you back up the phone. So go into your setting, back up the current photos on your phone to your iCloud account and do a full reset on the phone. When you get your new phone and log into your iCloud account your photos will be there for you to view or download.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Google photos app could work too if your library is bigger than the iCloud allowance.

You then just download the app on the new phone and all your photos are there.

Advertisement