Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread banned

Options
  • 02-01-2020 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    I was thread banned for responding to a poster attacking me, (who I flagged twice).
    I was civil and trying to stay on topic.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112145849&postcount=1987

I would appreciate this being looked in to.
    I have contacted the mod in question and he's letting it stand.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Dispute Resolution which only deals with cards and forum bans. Help Desk deals with threadbans

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a look at this. You and the other poster are regularly interacting in numerous threads in various forums when I think "bickering" is an appropriate term

In this specific case you were told to cut it out. That may have been 7 or so months ago, but given the way you seem to follow each other round it's clear that the pair of you have issues with each other. A threadban is relatively mild in this case and I see no basis for disagreeing with the mod's actions

I would suggest that going forward you either ignore the other poster or perhaps get your point across in a single post then move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In this specific case I posted an on topic comment and he came in attacking my views in general and mentioning my comments point in passing. I was civil as it went on and kept it on topic. His last post was 100% personal yet we both get thread banned. He's the very definition of a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just to add, in every case it begins with me posting a comment and himself taking it off road with a personal slant, if you look at it he 100% always kicks off the personal off topic ranting which I have been avoiding as best I can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement