Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed - Campagnolo Experts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yeah everything should swap over no issue.
    The Campy wheels with a campy freehub are made to take 9-10-11speed cassettes so no issues there.
    Regarding BB given the age of the frame it will be either English threaded (BSA) or Italian threaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭CoBo55

koutoubia wrote: »
    The Campy wheels with a campy freehub are made to take 9-10-11speed cassettes so no issues there.
    Regarding BB given the age of the frame it will be either English threaded (BSA) or Italian threaded.

BSC

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

English threaded bottom bracket will have 1.37x24 on it and requires fitting to a 68mm bottom bracket shell on the frame; Italian threaded bb will have 36x24 on it and fits a 70mm shell.

check your old bb before ordering the new one.

Hope this helps.

8valve wrote: »
    English threaded bottom bracket will have 1.37x24 on it and requires fitting to a 68mm bottom bracket shell on the frame; Italian threaded bb will have 36x24 on it and fits a 70mm shell.

check your old bb before ordering the new one.

Hope this helps.

The British thread is 26 tpi.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

Thank you all for your comments - good to see some campy fans/experts out there.

I will try to understand which threaded bottom bracket I currently have so I can order the correct one. I was also concerned if, for any reason, the fact that the frame is old if could be an issue to fit a 11 speed set.

by the way, here's the machine :)
    https://tinyurl.com/wblxtxh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ReReg Numpty

I've been riding Potenza for the last few years. Excellent gruppo.

Now you can run a set of Zondas with a clear conscience!

koutoubia wrote: »

Hi Koutoubia,
    silly question....being an olg italian framseset, is it safe to assume that it will be italian threaded? or should I dismount the BB just to check?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I would definitely check. Bianchi switched to English thread bottom brackets around twenty years ago.

I would definitely check. Bianchi switched to English thread bottom brackets around twenty years ago.

...which is probably the age of the frame.

better check before order - Thanks!

Mr T. wrote: »
    Hi Koutoubia,
    silly question....being an olg italian framseset, is it safe to assume that it will be italian threaded? or should I dismount the BB just to check?

It's usually stamped on the face of the bearing cup on the crank side.

• Advertisement

Hi all.
    So... other priorities came up and I had to put the groupset upgrade on hold.
    8valve wrote: »

it says 36x24 on the non-drive side, therefore is italian threaded.

another question that came out recentry is in regards the front derailleur.. I would need a front derailleur with a band clamp and so far I've not managed to find this option for campagnolo potenza.

Is this not avaliable on newer campagnolo groupsets?

Thanks - stay safe folks

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

Mr T. wrote: »
    Hi all.
    So... other priorities came up and I had to put the groupset upgrade on hold.

it says 36x24 on the non-drive side, therefore is italian threaded.

another question that came out recentry is in regards the front derailleur.. I would need a front derailleur with a band clamp and so far I've not managed to find this option for campagnolo potenza.

Is this not avaliable on newer campagnolo groupsets?

Thanks - stay safe folks

You can get an adapter for that front derailleur:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-front-derailleur-clamp/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You can just buy a clamp that a braze on derailleur can go on to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'm pretty sure I have a Campag FD adaptor somewhere - if you are interested I'll go digging tomorrow.

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have a Campag FD adaptor somewhere - if you are interested I'll go digging tomorrow.

Thanks TheBlaaMan,
    no need for the moment, but I will PM you in case I need it. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

May have a band on Veloce in the parts box. Not sure what size though.
    Will check the next time I am near it!

Advertisement