Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q60A - Proteco gate controller - is this possible ??

Options
  • 02-01-2020 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Proteco Q60A gate controller and there are two additional features I would like to wire in

1 - ringer when the gate is open and someone breaks the beam - e.g. you are expecting someone hence have the gates open but you would like to be alerted of their arrival - the IR beam is NC so to make this operate I would need a relay to have a NC and NO set of contacts - on the beam being broken - the NC would open which is what the gate controller wants and the NO would close to ring a buzzer - is their a easier way of doing this ?

2 - contact on gates opening/open - so that at night the outside lights can be turned on - there seems no way of doing this unless I use a latching relay. The motors are 240V so it would need two coils - one to latch into the "open" position and another to swap back and latch in the "closed" position driven from the motor outputs - is there any better way of doing this ?

all ideas welcome

Advertisement