Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R7000 105 front shift problem.

Options
  • 02-01-2020 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just bought a used 2019 cube attain gtc pro and it's got a problem with the front shifter. When there is no cable tension the shifter lever operates as it should, clicking with each push of the levers. Once cable tension is applied the shifter lever doesn't seem to move the deraileur upto the large chain ring. There is a lot of resistance while pushing the lever. I've replaced the cable but still no change.

Anybody have any ideas what could of caused it to happen. Could it be the cable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Was the inner cable moving freely through the cable housing when replacing it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

can you isolate it to either the shifter or the FD?
    i.e. does the shifter refuse top operate smoothly if you apply tension by hand to the cable?
    and does the FD move smoothly if you operate it manually, with no cable attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭5CHULZY

8valve wrote: »
    Was the inner cable moving freely through the cable housing when replacing it?

I think so no, no major resistance from what I can remember

can you isolate it to either the shifter or the FD?
    i.e. does the shifter refuse top operate smoothly if you apply tension by hand to the cable?
    and does the FD move smoothly if you operate it manually, with no cable attached?

Im going to remove outer housing and see if theres a difference while holding the cable by hand. The FD seems to move smoothly when moved manually so dont think it's that.

The plastic piping on the cable guide was not replaced as it was all messed up. Mad re routing the new cable a nightmare but could this of caused more resistance between cable and guide. The guide seems to be more rubbery than the plastic ones used on outer routed cables

• Advertisement
Advertisement