Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Gatling wrote: »
    Says who ,

Where are the other missiles they launched ?

You don't know ?

But ,but ,but

Pentagon.
    Find a quote where they shot down missiles?
    I wait for that quote where i said Iran fired 100 missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

A sigh of relief. Trump can when he wants to, do the statesman thing. He has got what he wanted, their top general gone. The mullahs also got a lot of what they wanted, a martyr to unify Iranians and a strike at their enemy. Both sides treaded around each other and then backed off, the prospect of war that neither side wanted, for now.

A lot has been made about Iraq demanding US troops withdrawl, trumps threat to destroy iranian cultural sites and sanctiins on Iraq, and the Ukranian plane incident.

US troops are not going anywhere for now, not cos of sticking it to uppity Iraq but cos it makes sense to retain a military base in a strategic location. After some time has passed and things have quietened down, there'll be a draw down of some troops which will mollify Iraq.

Trumps comments about cultural sites and sanctions on Iraq, were typical of his temper and bluster style. He will have seen that doing the statesman routine, make a him look a lot better. He won't admit his mistake, pretty much like a lot of politicians.

Anyone claiming to know what and how it happened with the plane incident in less than 24 hours are just projecting. It's far too early to make any sort of conclusions, so I'll leave it there. A lot of civilians unfortunately lost their life, no more to be said really at this time than RIP and condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Didn't need fixing shot down an airliner

And your evidence for this claim? Or is it because the great Gatling said so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There hitting multiple sites inside Iraq, this attack is massive.

Say what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Trumps played it well by looks of things.

Iran have been put back in their box.

• Advertisement

Say what

Where the 100 missiles fired quote?
    That quote belongs to Fox News reporter, that multiple bases across Iraq got struck.
    She reported three bases, two turned out to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Its obvious that the American missile defences utterly failed and proved itself to be just expensive junk, and that is the reason there was no American response to the strikes.
    The suit of armour they thought they were wearing turned out to be a suit of tissue paper.
    The fact the Iranian missiles got through meant that any war with Iran would be a long and costly affair in lives and machines with no guarantee of victory.
    Just think of it Iran would be hitting every American base in the region day and night with precision missile strikes.

As for the real damage Iran caused in this strike we will probably never know as I doubt any journalists will be allowed in to view the "minimal damage".
    One thing is certain those hangers destroyed weren't housing chickens!
    As for casualties again we may never know...if there were American any dead they can likely be shipped back home and their families informed they died in 'vehicle accidents'.

There was a suspiciously high number number of Americans died in "vehicle accidents" during the Iraq insurgency years.

On the wider geopolitical level the failure of American missile defences leaves them looking vulnerable and naked...if they cannot stop Iran's missiles, then they haven't a hope in hell of intercepting Russia and China's hypersonic missle systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Says who ,

Where are the other missiles they launched ?

You don't know ?

But ,but ,but

Come off it.

You are fooling no one.

Not even yourself.

With all the supposition you have posted here if you had the slightest hint that just one had been intercepted you would ba all over it like a rash.

Actually if any had been intercepted then the amount that got through would not say much for those shiny gadgets you were waving around either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

And your evidence for this claim? Or is it because the great Gatling said so :rolleyes:

You are delusional if you think that the Ukrainian 737 wasn't shot down by Iran.

That quote belongs to Fox News reporter, .

Ahhh I see fox news .

Had to be an American

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    Come off it.

You are fooling no one.

Not even yourself.

With all the supposition you have posted here if you had the slightest hint that just one had been intercepted you would ba all over it like a rash.

Actually if any had been intercepted then the amount that got through would not say much for those shiny gadgets you were waving around either.

He can't find that quote Where I said Iran fired 100 missiles.
    I read a tweet from a Fox Reporter as the event was happening, and she said three bases were under an attack by ballistic missiles.
    If three bases are getting attacked by missiles, i expected a massive attack was happening.
    I did take into account the Iranians would try to avoid US casualties. We learned later the Iraqis were told an hour before the strike, Iran would be firing missiiles just after 1am.

That true, he claims interceptions but will not post info about it!

Come off it.

So no you don't know and no you can't answer ?

It was two simple question you either know or you don't know ,
    Which one ?

I did take into account the Iranians would try to avoid US casualties.

No you didn't .

Stop blaming fox news

No you didn't .

Stop blaming fox news

Tweet i posted in this thread, you only making a fool of yourself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dante7 wrote: »
    You are delusional if you think that the Ukrainian 737 wasn't shot down by Iran.

So no evidence, nothing new there so ;)

For Gatling since you claim i made it all up!

some Fox News reporter tweets from last night!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042360&page=144

Massive .

Based turned to rubble go Iran .

A few canvas tents and plenty of egg on Faces rapidly followed by I knew Iran didnt hit Americans despite claimimg 20 Americans dead and then 30 Americans dead but don't blame me ,blame fox news

It's a sitcom script

So no you don't know and no you can't answer ?

It was two simple question you either know or you don't know ,
    Which one ?

Try again, but this time have the manners to show the complete post.

I have mention this childish carry on to make posts of others look something other than they are not when the do not fit into your narrow narrative.

Massive .

Based turned to rubble go Iran .

A few canvas tents and plenty of egg on Faces rapidly followed by I knew Iran didnt hit Americans despite claimimg 20 Americans dead and then 30 Americans dead but don't blame me ,blame fox news

It's a sitcom script

You claimed I said 100 missiles fired by Iran, read your posts ( just another lie) When I posted last night in regards numbers I quoted Iran and US officials.

Try again, but this time have the manners to show the complete post.

Can you answer the questions honestly yes or no .

That's all I asked

I believe that you cannot

• Advertisement

You claimed

As I said it's all fox news fault.

Can you answer the questions honestly yes or no .

That's all I asked

I believe that you cannot

Post the truncated post of mine that you ill mannerly cut to one line and then I will treat you like an adult.
    Until then I will answer you with the respect you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

So no evidence, nothing new there so ;)

I know a little bit about this subject, I created the thread. I have avoided contributing further due to the amount of nonsense that has been posted. But claiming that PS752 wasn't downed by Iran is just ludicrous. American fighters had been scrambled from UAE, Iranian air defences were on high alert. A three year old 737 that was serviced two days previously falls out of the sky. And you are insinuating that it's a coincidence! Fcukin hell.

As I said it's all fox news fault.

You make everyone dizzy. You just believed twenty minutes ago i said last night Iran fired 100 missiles, and I asked for the quote. 
    I posted the tweets from Fox News reporter, to prove you to be again inaccurate about other things i said.

Anyway this is pointless childish back and forth. 

Post the truncated post of mine that you ill mannerly cut to one line and then I will treat you like an adult.
    Until then I will answer you with the respect you deserve.

Very long winded for a simple no I cannot answer your two simple questions.

Sorry your honour I can't answer the questions as I would be incriminating myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

The MH17 debris field also looks small when you view the images. Later other debris was found over a much wider area.

Who's to say that other debris hasn't been located much further afield. But certainly the bulk in both cases is in a small area

Because there's a video of the plane hitting the ground and a major explosion afterwards.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1214993361326788612

Theory may change, right now that's what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

pearcider wrote: »
    Ireland is far more dependent on oil that the US. Moreover we are far more economically dependent on the US than Iran. Your anti American position is ridiculous.

The first sentence is totally false. I agree with your second point, not sure how it’s relevant. I’m not anti American I love America. I have family there and I visit fairly regularly.

Reports and photos from the Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752 site showing parts of a missile found close by

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058043746/8/#post112201120

• Advertisement

Sorry your honour I can't answer the questions as I would be incriminating myself.

Fair enough, but by refusing to answer you are admitting you were wrong none-the-less.

Advertisement