Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

charlie14 wrote: »
    From what we have been told the killing of General Soleimani was one of the options provided to Trump.
    Piss poor from the Pentagon if they presented that option without seeing the possibility of missile attacks.

Is this the missile attack that killed no Americans and did minimal damage ,but hey they did shoot down an civilian airliner in Iran .

Trump must be quaking in his loafer's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

markodaly wrote: »
    Did you even read the article? It is.

Normally the investigation team involves the plane manufacturer, so to exclude Boeing is unprecedented.

Will you go away r that.

You haven`t a clue on precedent in these situations.

The Iranian Civil Aviation Authority have issued a statement on the procedures they are following, and they are by the letter international agreed protocols covering these situations

Will you go away r that.

The Iranian Civil Aviation Authority have issued a statement on the procedures they are following, and they are by the letter international agreed protocols covering these situations

There lying ,

They lied about the technical difficulties ,
    They lied about the engine fire
    They lied about the aircraft flying back to the airport
    They lied about the missile .

And yet here we are running around in circles making up this **** trying to spin it and claim a simple explanation .

It's over there is no excuse ,no hiding no technical difficulties ,no engine fire ,no returning to the airport ,
    It's all lies,

Iranian military shotdown flight 752

Gatling wrote: »
    Is this the missile attack that killed no Americans and did minimal damage ,but hey they did shoot down an civilian airliner in Iran .

Trump must be quaking in his loafer's

DO you not get they were not aimed to kill US troops. They Iranians phoned ahead.

It was to show they could hit US bases, which after all your shiney new toys that would prevent that happening, they did.

Like all armchair generals no need for Trump to quake in his loafers in Miami.

The same cannot be said for US troops on the ground in Iraq though should Iran launch missiles without phoning ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

This has turned into some response by the Iranians, wonder what the mood amongst the Iranian public is now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

DO you not get they were not aimed to kill US troops. They Iranians phoned ahead.

Excuse after excuse story after Story .

No they failed they did exactly what I said they would do miss and not kill American they missed everything bar a few tents and only killed civilians ( yes I said that too)
    What did Iran do missed Americas expensive military infrastructure and shotdown a civilian airliner in their own country .

Its done there is nothing to claim that isn't a lie

There lying ,

They lied about the technical difficulties ,
    They lied about the engine fire
    They lied about the aircraft flying back to the airport
    They lied about the missile .

And yet here we are running around in circles making up this **** trying to spin it and claim a simple explanation .

It's over there is no excuse ,no hiding no technical difficulties ,no engine fire ,no returning to the airport ,
    It's all lies,

Iranian military shotdown flight 752

...and you know all this with absolute certainty and all others should just simply believe it.

Why ?

A.Because you said it.
    B Is it just an attempt to distract from the US not intercepting any Iranian missiles ?

With all the frantic lies lies lies I`m afraid B is very highly most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mickdoocey

for me iran made a big fatal error.
    if the plan was to show the world that they could hit any target they wanted in the middle east - bases, cities , they ruined the whole objective by downing a passenger airline leaving an airport.
    its embarrassing stuff and makes the Iranian army look like a bunch of amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Will you go away r that.

Yet, they are not going to share the data with Boeing, which is unprecedented.

Now Justin Trudeau himself has had a press conference stating he believes the plane was shot down by an Iranian missile.

It's one thing to accidentally shoot down a plane, it can happen sometimes in military contexts, but the attempted silly coverup shines a light on the regime itself.
    Trump is a fool and the US can make some very questionable foreign policy decisions but, let us not pretend the Iranian regime itself is worthy of praise, or moral support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I never seen a plane fly at night without light and beacons flashing. That whatever is come up and exploded in darkness.
    If its plane it went dark and was a UFO on the radar screen.
    If that truly is the missile hitting the plane- it was an unfortunate set of circumstances that got shot down.
    We have to hear what pilot said before it crashed, did he lose power?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Excuse after excuse story after Story .

No they failed they did exactly what I said they would do miss and not kill American they missed everything bar a few tents and only killed civilians ( yes I said that too)
    What did Iran do missed Americas expensive military infrastructure and shotdown a civilian airliner in their own country .

Its done there is nothing to claim that isn't a lie

If they intended to kill people they wouldn’t have given them a heads up.
    The missiles didn’t miss - they hit the infrastructure at the base as intended. Regular buildings and fabric hangers. If Trump claims that the base cost billions of dollars, they were clearly very expensive buildings and hangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Let's put it this way: If Iran and Iraq were located in sub Saharan Africa i.e. not a bottle neck for the world's oil supply would the US be bothered?

Of course not.

Interesting you mention Africa as China is trying to wholesale buy the continent with debt and bonds via infrastructure loans and development.

Which leads one to the point. If the US was not involved in the regimes, you will either have a regional hegemony from one of the big two (Saudi/Iran) or one of China or Russia would be taking the Americans place.

mickdoocey wrote: »
    if the plan was to show the world that they could hit any target they wanted in the middle east - bases, cities , they ruined the whole objective by downing a passenger airline leaving an airport.

I would wait for the report into the crash before speculating how that plane came down.

I do not see even if that was the case with the plane I don`t see how it takes away from Iran being able to demonstrate they can target and strike whatever they may feel like in the region.

...and you know all this with absolute certainty and all others should just simply believe it

Yes ,yes I do 100%

So many people what made wild and wishful claims about what Iranian will do ,bases turned to rubble , American soldiers dead ,Iran publicly claimed they killed at least 30 us soldiers,

They got a few tents and shotdown a civilian airliner .

And yet denial , after denial ,fake Story after fake story

I was abused and said I stand by what I said Iran shot down flight 752 and yet it's denied it happened

mickdoocey wrote: »

If they mistakenly shot down the plane it was obviously a fatal error. Nobody would claim otherwise.

It makes them look as inept on that front as the Russians and Americans - true.

Now Justin Trudeau himself has had a press conference stating he believes the plane was shot down by an Iranian missile.

It's one thing to accidentally shoot down a plane, it can happen sometimes in military contexts, but the attempted silly coverup shines a light on the regime itself.
    Trump is a fool and the US can make some very questionable foreign policy decisions but, let us not pretend the Iranian regime itself is worthy of praise, or moral support.

Not unprecedented. Ethiopian Airlines did the same thing regarding the 737 Max black boxes.

alastair wrote: »
    If they mistakenly shot down

Back tracking again ?

Back tracking again ?

I’m not backtracking at all. Unlike you, I’m not in the business of making reckless unverified claims.

I’m not backtracking at all. Unlike you, I’m not in the business of making reckless unverified claims.

I was right ,

Sicking i know ,iran said ,Iran said you said they said .

All wrong

• Advertisement

I was right ,

Sicking i know ,iran said ,Iran said you said they said .

All wrong

Sure you were. A missile on it’s way to a Iraq hit the plane - and this remarkable claim:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112194104&postcount=2536

https://www.deccanherald.com/international/world-news-politics/satellite-photos-show-damage-to-us-base-in-iraq-792698.html

How many times do I have to say this.
    No aviation authority hands over flight recorders to the aircraft manufacturer straight of the bat after the crash of one of their planes.
    Do you think they should have been handed over directly to Boeing after the Max 8 crashes ?

Their is a procedure at which point in the investigation the manufacturer is usual invited to become involved, but you do not just hand over the flight recorders to them.

If Trudeau is certain of this, then far as I`m concerned, like Trumps thought on the matter show what he has.

Not unprecedented. Ethiopian Airlines did the same thing regarding the 737 Max black boxes.

Which in hindsight considering what Boeing had got up to, was a very good decision.

Yes ,yes I do 100%

So many people what made wild and wishful claims about what Iranian will do ,bases turned to rubble , American soldiers dead ,Iran publicly claimed they killed at least 30 us soldiers,

They got a few tents and shotdown a civilian airliner .

And yet denial , after denial ,fake Story after fake story

I was abused and said I stand by what I said Iran shot down flight 752 and yet it's denied it happened

So yet again you do not have the manners or guts to post the full post you are replying to.

You really are a very disingenuous poster.

It is like trying to have an adult discourse with a 5 year old. Or Trump actually whose posting you seem to hold in such high literary regard that you mimic him.

Sure you were. A missile hit the plane -/quote]

Yes and yes

So yet again you do not have the manners or guts

I don't have to quote a full post neither does anyone else on boards ,

manners GTF

Yes and yes

See above

See above

Yes I stand by what I said 100%

Yes I stand by what I said 100%

Well you were wrong then, and you’re just as wrong now.
    ”They targeted the American portion of the base. They meant to hit it and they did hit it," said Jeffrey Lewis of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, California.

• Advertisement

Well you were wrong then, and you’re just as wrong now.

Lol

Advertisement