Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Get out of that garden, it's a warning to others, the world is a safer place now. Trump could cure cancer and they'd still be moaning. Get over it. A bad guy is gone, be happy it happened.
    Would't surprise me if you were looking for Conan to be court marshalled.

So you would be ok with the extrajudicial killing of Adam's by the British?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Get out of that garden, it's a warning to others, the world is a safer place now. Trump could cure cancer and they'd still be moaning. Get over it. A bad guy is gone, be happy it happened.
    Consider looking at things as complex political struggles. Trying to gain an understanding of them is more meaningful than deciding who is the goodie and who is the baddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So you would be ok with the extrajudicial killing of Adam's by the British?

That's a stupud question to ask an Irishman.

Consider looking at things as complex political struggles. Trying to gain an understanding of them is more meaningful than deciding who is the goodie and who is the baddie.

The first thing you need to establish is what side your on as both have opposing views. I'm on the side of freedom from tyranny. I don't view the US as Terrorists in this particular case. The same way I don't view Mary Lou as a terriost.
    Now your either with us or against us.

That's a stupud question to ask an Irishman.

No it's not, you have decided that soleimani's death was justified because he was labelled a terrorist, he had ordered the killings of innocent people as well as foreign servicemen and he is said to have been planning more (no evidence for this)

The British could come out tomorrow and kill Adam's and make the same claims above. You wouldnt be happy with that because Adam's is Irish?You have been cheering the death of Soleimani even though he has never had the slightest impact on your life yet Adam's and his ilk bombed and murdered all over the UK.

Please explain your reasoning as to why Adam's getting killed in the same way would be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Yes these lads certainly agree with you on that, but maybe that's what it was all about.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51021861

The first thing you need to establish is what side your on as both have opposing views. I'm on the side of freedom from tyranny. I don't view the US as Terrorists in this particular case. The same way I don't view Mary Lou as a terriost.
    Now your either with us or against us.
    The USA replaced the democratic government in Iran with a monarch who imprisoned tens of thousands of political prisoners every year.

The USA replaced the democratic government in Iran with a monarch who imprisoned tens of thousands of political prisoners every year.

Yeah but he was a US puppet, that makes him 1 of the good guys in his book.

And that's the Trump's fault because? he got handed a pig in a bag by Obama, you'd rather we all stood by and done nothing while Iranians are slaughtered?

And that's the Trump's fault because? he got handed a pig in a bag by Obama, you'd rather we all stood by and done nothing while Iranians are slaughtered?

They stood/stand by while Africans are slaughtered, where are the American troops stationed in Africa?

• Advertisement

They stood/stand by while Africans are slaughtered, where are the American troops stationed in Africa?

Your giving out because they did something, now your complaining they did nothing just like us. Which is it, are you in the do nothing camp or do something camp.

Your giving out because they did something, now your complaining they did nothing just like us. Which is it, are you on the do nothing camp or do something camp.

You certainly know how to dodge questions I'll give you that!

You literally want Trump to do the exact same thing with that monarch's son.

Slaughtering innocents? There were over 100k and possibly over 1 million deaths caused by the American invasion of Iraq. Very many of them were children.

You literally want Trump to do the exact same thing with that monarch's son.

Slaughtering innocents? There were over 100k and possibly over 1 million deaths caused by the American invasion of Iraq. Very many of them were children.

I was protesting against that Invasion, that wasn't Trump though, he's more of a relecutant hero, war isn't what he wants. Golfing and trade deals and he'd be content.

I never said I wanted Trump to do the same thing with the Crown Prince of Iran, but the prince does seem to have support from Trump and also within Iran.
    Now if Trump did do the same thing I wouldn't be against it as I'm not seeing an alternative, If there is a non religious one I'd be all ears.

You certainly know how to dodge questions I'll give you that!

Your pretty good at it yourself.

Your pretty good at it yourself.

I'll answer any questions you have.

Why would it be wrong for the British to take out Adam's?

Where are the US troops based in Africa saving the people from slaughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's a warning to others that trump is an unstable and unpredictable individual who is a danger, and who will take out officials from a government in another foreign country, a country which is supposed to be a friend of the US, which in turn creates the conditions where bases in the country where the act took place to be attacked, and an airliner in the country of origin of the official killed to be accidently shot down.
    it's a warning that has made the world a lot less safe.
    it is a warning which insured a country which once could be, and was negotiated with and a deal struck, is no no longer possible to negotiate with as it now feels under threat.
    killing this individual, as much of a creten as he was, was clearly not the correct thing to do.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I was protesting against that Invasion, that wasn't Trump though, he's more of a relecutant hero, war isn't what he wants. Golfing and trade deals and he'd be content.

I never said I wanted Trump to do the same thing with the Crown Prince of Iran, but the prince does seem to have support from Trump and also within Iran.
    Now if Trump did do the same thing I wouldn't be against it as I'm not seeing an alternative, If there is a non religious one I'd be all ears.
    They don't have a good track record with interventions in the Middle East. You demonstrate a strong bias in favour of Trump. You seem to think that he doing the exact same thing that fncked things up before will somehow fix everything - just because it's him doing it.

He isn't a hero. He dodged the draft for Vietnam. Not by taking an ideological stance like Mohammed Ali, he just pretended to have a medical condition.

I'll answer any questions you have.

Why would it be wrong for the British to take out Adam's?

Where are the US troops based in Africa saving the people from slaughter?

It would be wrong because he's Irish and I think that way because I'm Irish. It's that simple.

I'm unsure of where there stationed, they've only one base as far as I'm aware, I'd assume it's all aided with hired guns.

So are you happy something was done or would you have preferred nothing was done.

They don't have a good track record with interventions in the Middle East. You demonstrate a strong bias in favour of Trump. You seem to think that he doing the exact same thing that fncked things up before will somehow fix everything - just because it's him doing it.

He isn't a hero. He dodged the draft for Vietnam. Not by taking an ideological stance like Mohammed Ali, he just pretended to have a medical condition.

What's your suggestion, do nothing?

• Advertisement

It would be wrong because he's Irish and I think that way because I'm Irish. It's that simple.

Ah so you're a hypocrite?
    I'm unsure of where there stationed, they've only one base as far as I'm aware, I'd assume it's all aided with hired guns.

Are there even any there? What are they doing to help the innocent people from being slaughtered? Surely we would be hearing about it if it's happening?
    So are you happy something was done or would you have preferred nothing was done.

There was no need for this extrajudicial killing, Iran could have been bought back to the negotiating table, that will NEVER happen now, not just Iran either, every country will loo at how badly Trump has handled Iran since he took office and realise that the US just cannot be trusted to negotiate in good faith

What's your suggestion, do nothing?
    The USA should accept large numbers of refugees from countries where they have responsibility for the problems.

The UN is the international body responsible for dealing with human rights issues.

As pointed out, the USA were not motivated by human rights concerns because they do nothing about concerns in countries in Africa for example - and they actively support Saudi Arabia. Their motivation in the Middle East is to do with oil and to do with Saudi influence on the USA.

Hey look I'm on the side with the most guns and isn't confused about which toilet to use.

I'm tapping out for now, better things to do than chat with commies.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The yanks are now basically fcuked now in the middle east...the Iranians have shown that their missiles can hit them with pinpoint accuracy and their anti missile defences are useless garbage.

And Iraq has ordered them to leave, but of course they won't so that means a new Iraqi insurgency.
    All America can do there is what they are doing now...hiding in their reinforced bunkers.

As for Trump and his gang, sure as hell wouldn't like to be them...they have made 80 million enemies and its inevitable some of those 80 million will come after them...if not now then in the years to come

Hey look I'm on the side with the most guns and isn't confused about which toilet to use.

I'm tapping out for now, better things to do than chat with commies.:P
    Commies? Your hero is a big fan of Putin. Putin was a senior member of the secret police in East Germany. He is actively trying to restore the territory and influence Russia commanded as part of the USSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

it is a warning which insured a country which once could be, and was negotiated with and a deal struck, is no no longer possible to negotiate with as it now feels under threat.

So what if they feel under threat? That regime should feel under threat.

As for saying that they could be negotiated with before, but not now ... again, that's not a bad thing as it has never worked given they continued to support and fund terrorism against the US.

Was Trump supposed to ignore the fact that this guy was actively trying to kill Americans? Only days before Soleimani was taken out democrats in congress were saying Trump was being too soft on Iran with regards to the Embassy attacks and no doubt had Suleimani went on to kill more US soldiers or contractors in the region, they would have said it was all Trump's fault.

The left spoke of this terrorist's funeral comparing it to the death of Elvis and Princess Diana, all so they could use it to get at the Orange Man, but yet where is their support for the protesters today? This regime kills it's own people and hangs homosexals. You would think they would want to support these people but no, doesn't fit their preferred narrative and so they'll not amplify it in the ways they did his funeral.

https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/status/1216147779388489729

As for saying that they could be negotiated with before, but not now ... again, that's not a bad thing as it has never worked given they continued to support and fund terrorism against the US.

Was Trump supposed to ignore the fact that this guy was actively trying to kill Americans? Only days before Soleimani was taken out democrats in congress were saying Trump was being too soft on Iran with regards to the Embassy attacks and no doubt had Suleimani went on to kill more US soldiers or contractors in the region, they would have said it was all Trump's fault.

The left spoke of this terrorist's funeral comparing it to the death of Elvis and Princess Diana, all so they could use it to get at the Orange Man, but yet where is their support for the protesters today? This regime kills it's own people and hangs homosexals. You would think they would want to support these people but no, doesn't fit their preferred narrative and so they'll not amplify it in the ways they did his funeral.

So does Nigeria, why are they not bombing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So does Nigeria, why are they not bombing them?

Read my comment in context please: I made that remark not to justify bombing, but to highlight the hypocrisy and clear agenda of the left and MSM.

Read my comment in context please: I made that remark not to justify bombing, but to highlight the hypocrisy and clear agenda of the left and MSM.

But what of the hypocrisy and clear agenda of the so called right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if the saudi and other dictatorial regimes were under threat with them, then i would agree.
    but this isn't about a bad regime, just a regime which will not cowtoe to america.
    america actually has the ability to do good, but instead it uses it for their own agenda and own interests at the expence of hundreds of millions of people across multiple countries throughout it's history.

perhapse if the US stopped funding terorism which effected them and other countries, then maybe they wouldn't be funding it themselves.
    people cannot complain about 1 country funding terrorism when the country they agree with do the same.
    the obama deal was working, trumpe withdrew from it because it was obama who signed it, and trump wants to undo everything obama did because it was obama who did it.

it's not fact this guy was trying to kill americans, it's a claim by trump which he refuses to provide evidence to prove it.
    even if he was trying to kill americans, presumably it would be US military and contractors who lets remember, invaded iraq in the first place so are legitimate targets.
    invade another country, get killed. sad for the families left behind but that's war.

the comparisons were between the numbers who attended the funerals, and the respect for such individuals in their respective countries.
    nobody ever said this individual was a good man.
    plenty of us support the protesters, but we are in no illusion as to what type of regime iran has, and they don't pretend to be something they aren't unlike other regimes.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement