Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I didn't know they'd switched off the internet, it'll be a big night in Iran...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216356280933273600?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

It would be wrong because he's Irish and I think that way because I'm Irish. It's that simple.

That is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever read on boards

Ironicname wrote: »
    That is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever read on boards

Your hardly here a wet week, stay tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So does Nigeria, why are they not bombing them?

well Iran has a massive history of threatening the US, trying to develop nuclear weapons, threatening israel (who run to daddy america for help at every turn :rolleyes: ) and a whole load else , see the entire wikipedia article on irans state sponsored terrorism : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

when Nigeria has any more impact on the outside world than running terrible internet scams then come back to me.

The assassination of that man was undoubtedly a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

well Iran has a massive history of threatening the US, trying to develop nuclear weapons, threatening israel (who run to daddy america for help at every turn :rolleyes: ) and a whole load else , see the entire wikipedia article on irans state sponsored terrorism : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

when Nigeria has any more impact on the outside world than running terrible internet scams then come back to me.

But I thought this was about America trying to bring freedom to the oppressed people:confused:

But I thought this was about America trying to bring freedom to the oppressed people

This assassination was about protecting American people stationed in the middle East.

This assassination was about protecting American people stationed in the middle East.

Would you be ok if the British decided tomorrow to blow up a car carrying Gerry Adam's, Mary Lou, Pierce Doherty, because of the past atrocities of the IRA and use the excuse that they believe Adam's was planning future attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Nonsense. The vast majority of Americans killed in Iraq was at the hands of Sunnis who hate Iran even more than America!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would you be ok if the British decided tomorrow to blow up a car carrying Gerry Adam's, Mary Lou, Pierce Doherty, because of the past atrocities of the IRA and use the excuse that they believe Adam's was planning future attacks?

Of course they wouldn't. They cheer Trump / the US when they murder and torture innocent muslims all over the middle east, fund numerous terrorist groups, invade countries for oil, topple democratically elected govs etc, thats all perfectly fine, great infact. But if Iran does it they're a terrorist nation who need to be stopped at all costs. The hypocrisy is truely amazing to read.

And what's the difference between the two really? Americans are white christians and Iranians are brown muslims so in the views of the usual right wing hypocrites in this thread their lives are simply worth less. Nevermind the fact that America shouldn't have a single soilder in the middle east to start with. That's essentially what it boils down to.

• Advertisement

complete whataboutery but yes I would. I dont think adams is a future threat but has also never paid for his crimes.

complete whataboutery but yes I would. I dont think adams is a future threat but has also never paid for his crimes.

Nonsense worth ignoring he said the exact same thing word for word earlier on, just looking for an excuse to call you a hypocrite if you take the bait.
    Lazy ass poster copying any pasteing the same thing time after time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

I thought WW3 was supposed to be started by now. The anti trump twitter crowd look stupid yet again.

They seem to be shooting protestors. I've a feeling the place is about to implode.

Nonsense worth ignoring he said the exact same thing word for word earlier on, just looking for an excuse to call you a hypocrite if you take the bait.
    Lazy ass poster copying any pasteing the same thing time after time.

And you said you wouldn't be happy if it happened, complete hypocrite!

Will you stop with your do nothing clown show, it's all kicking off in Tehran which the thread should be focused on and your trotting out the same crap all day word for word, even a bot would know to mix it up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The people of Iran are doing what they can to show the world they are happy Suleimani was killed.

https://twitter.com/MohamadAhwaze/status/1216406435262795776

Here we see students shaming Iranians for walking on the American flag:

https://twitter.com/MohamadAhwaze/status/1216336414452998146

The liberal left won't support these people, and admit that it was right to kill Suleimani, simply because they have an irrational hatred for Donald Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I was speaking passively, us millionaires don't need to follow public and state encouraged active sentences as part of our daily life. Us can do what we like with language, no cares about it.

Yes, you done something special there I seen it!

I don't think using the word done to replace did is passive speaking.....

Do you support America or Iran?

• Advertisement

I supported the Republic of Ireland until that wanker Delaney came along :(

Both, I support America for stepping in and the Iranians to get rid of the mullahs.

its too confusing now for them

iran was bad to women and gay people and well....everyone...
    but then donny happened to be in the oval office while a high value target the US have wanted for over a decade was taken out so then iran was good and america bad.... but now iran is being iran to its own citizens which is bad but if donny intervenes to help the iranians he'll be bad, and if he does nothing he's also bad, but if he intervenes and creates a free democratic iran then it won't matter because donny is still bad because of the 80s or something....

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't think using the word done to replace did is passive speaking.....

and I don't give a flying **** what you think.

Language can evolve, they should tell that to the mods if they has some spare time.

and I don't give a flying **** what you think.

Language can evolve, they should tell that to the mods if they has some spare time.

It should but I don't think changing to mask your poor grasp of the language is evolving.
    That kind of thing is fine on After Hours but it's best to form clear coherent sentences when engaging in discussion on political matters.

tuxy wrote: »
    It should but I don't think changing to mask your poor grasp of the language is evolving.
    That kind of thing is fine on After Hours but it's best to form clear coherent sentences when engaging in discussion on political matters.

This isn't the politics forum, you haven't engaged in the last few pages only acting like a grammar Nazi in the long grass, another one on the side of the do nothings I assume.

We'll leave it up to the mods to correct grammar but I doubt they'd be arsed. Now if you could go back to correcting the preschoolers homework I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

perhapse if the US stopped funding terorism which effected them and other countries, then maybe they wouldn't be funding it themselves. people cannot complain about 1 country funding terrorism when the country they agree with do the same.

I agree and there has never been more awareness of that than now. I can guarantee you that after Trump's eight years a hell of a lot less money will have found it's way into Terrorist's hands than it did under almost any US administration over the last 50+ years.
    the obama deal was working

You have got to be joking.
    Until recently, the Iranian authorities had been playing a blinder, leveraging the West’s willingness to appease its enemies to its advantage, and using the nuclear deal to fill the post-Iraq void in the Middle East. Its actions in Syria, where it supports Bashar Al Assad, are tantamount to aiding and abetting war crimes; its funding of Hezbollah and Hamas, and its decision to locate tens of thousands of missiles in Syria and Lebanon, mean that it is now the world’s number one terror state.

It is therefore absurd that so many “experts” in the West continue to support the nuclear deal. It probably worked on its own narrow terms, but made Iran more dangerous in every other respect. It gave up building nuclear bombs, but could focus on overseas adventures and developing missiles. It is unfashionable to say so, but US President Donald Trump was right to tear up the deal. Appeasing expansionist states rarely works.

From Oct 2017, making the case for tearing up the deal:
    Iran has been caught at least twice trying to import illicit weapons, and many more times illegally exporting arms to Iraq and Syria, insurgent groups in Afghanistan, Bahrain, Somalia, and Yemen, as well as to terrorist groups, such as Hezbollah, Hamas, and Palestine Islamic Jihad.

The U.S. has responded with targeted sanctions on individuals and entities involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program, but the U.N. has failed to punish these violations.

Tehran also has violated the travel ban included in UNSCR 2231 on certain Iranian officials, notably including Major General Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the elite Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, who has publicly travelled to Iraq, Russia, and Syria.

Even if Tehran halted its cheating and rigorously complied with the text of the JCPOA, the flawed structure of the agreement only postpones the potential threat of an Iranian nuclear breakout by allowing Iran to ramp up its uranium-enrichment capabilities to the point where it could quickly make a final sprint to a nuclear weapon capability. For all of these reasons, the State Department should decertify the JCPOA.
    it's not fact this guy was trying to kill americans, it's a claim by trump which he refuses to provide evidence to prove it.

So we're told, from people who have been lying for three years about Trump in almost every way imaginable.
    even if he was trying to kill americans, presumably it would be US military and contractors who lets remember, invaded iraq in the first place so are legitimate targets

Which is why Trump wants out. That, however, does not mean that he should just tolerate American's being killed, and he won't. Obama/Hillary he ain't.
    sad for the families left behind but that's war.

How come this 'but that's war' philosophy of yours doesn't extend to Suleimani?
    the comparisons were between the numbers who attended the funerals, and the respect for such individuals in their respective countries.
    nobody ever said this individual was a good man.

Oh please, they made the comparisons to undermine the current administration and feed the nauseating narrative that Trump took out someone of that calibre. That's the implication they were attempting to make. They certainly didn't fawn over similar footage of crowds mourning OBL that's for damn sure.
    they don't pretend to be something they aren't unlike other regimes.

Ah here. Iran CONSTANTLY pretend to be something they are not. That's why they control access to the Internet. Why are you speaking about that regime in that way?

Will you stop with your do nothing clown show, it's all kicking off in Tehran which the thread should be focused on and your trotting out the same crap all day word for word, even a bot would know to mix it up a little.

Ashamed that I am right?

I think that the Iranian general should have been taken out because he was agitating for attacks against troops who were fighting for a world I want to live in.

I won't apologise for that.

If Obama did it, I would commend it. Because trump did it, I won't condemn it.

It was the right thing to do.

The ****ing weird pricks that would choose to condemn trump for the sake of him being who he is?

He did good for once. Acknowledge it

• Advertisement

I support justice, as my scenario above, would that be peace or justice?

FYI both regimes are wrong

Advertisement