Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

Gatling wrote: »
    And what are you and some of your fellows doing about it ,

Nothing absolutely nothing .

So yeah here we are again nothing had changed or will change in the short to very long term , creating multiple accounts on boards keyboard warriors we all hate America my life problems are all down to America ,oh did you hear America did this and America did ,
    While blantly ignoring every other player in the game ,

In football we have the ABU anyone but United mouth pieces here we get ABA any but America keyboard types

I'm not anti-America. I love America. Been there loads of times and met many, many great people and have a **** load of happy memories while being there. I love its ideals and its founding principles.

The thing I actually hate is war waged by elites and their vested interests. American people aren't waging these ****ing wars. I don't hate all Americans, just a very select few (e.g. John Bolton).

And if it's GB, France, Germany or anyone else complicit in these wars I'll speak out against them too. Bet it's the US war machine that's the main perpetrator by and large so it's not a bad idea to start with them.

And what am I doing? Speaking out and challenging pro-war armchair wannabe GI joes for a start. Not to mention constantly harassing TD's about our complicit involvement in US wars of aggression.

Otherwise I'm busy not advocating for war in a part of the world I don't pretend to even come close to understanding.

pearcider wrote: »
    Haha yeah right thats why America elects a president every 4 years and Iran has an ayatollah. Are you for real? These jihadis only understand one thing and that is force. Trump is more than happy to oblige. He is clearly goading then into a response. Be sure that Iran will suffer fire and fury like they have never imagined if they escalate further.

You need to play a lot more Call of Duty to satiate your blood lust just enough that it doesn't spill out into your internet posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So it's a no .........

Of all the posters on boards you're probably the strangest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is the headline. National interest

So it's a no then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

pearcider wrote: »
    Haha yeah right thats why America elects a president every 4 years and Iran has an ayatollah. Are you for real? These jihadis only understand one thing and that is force. Trump is more than happy to oblige. He is clearly goading then into a response. Be sure that Iran will suffer fire and fury like they have never imagined if they escalate further.

Fck me that's embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

It seems unlikely that an official emissary would arrive after midnight and be met by a militia. Normally a diplomat would also be used, not the head of the IRGC.

Iraqi Prime minister if its accurate is declaring the US killed him when he was in Iraq for peace talks.  The Iraqi PM claiming Trump urged him to mediate a deal between Saudis and Iran and US. Astonishing if this is a true story? Soleimani is a military leader and foreign affairs advisor.

smurgen wrote: »
    Of all the posters on boards you're probably the strangest.

I'm quite sane compared to most

But hey I can't change how badly funded mental health is badly funded here .

Must be America's fault some how

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

But hey I can't change how badly fund mental health is badly funded here .

Its americas fault how badly they fund their own though.

If only they had a couple of trillion dollars they could have used........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The Irish love a democrat and hate a republican president . Sure didn’t Obama have a pint of Guinness here... whatever a republican president does will be disliked by the Irish

I was responding to posters who were claiming the Iranians have a chance. They don't...

Fair enough. And in the conventional military sense Iran don't have a chance against US military might. But war has long since moved past conventional warfare. The asymmetric nature of the US vs Anyone means tactics have changed drastically on the Anyone side of the equation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Iraqi Prime minister if its accurate is declaring the US killed him when he was in Iraq for peace talks.  The Iraqi PM claiming Trump urged him to mediate a deal between Saudis and Iran and US. Astonishing if this is a true story? Soleimani is a military leader and foreign affairs advisor.

Exactly Reads to me like Trump rang the Iraqi PM to have talks with Soleimani and the Iraqi PM then invited Soleimani not knowing it was a ploy by Trump.

Sneaky and conniving if that's the case. Trust has obviously been broken between the two countries. The US are entirely in the wrong here. Scumbag behaviour from Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The Irish love a democrat and hate a republican president . Sure didn’t Obama have a pint of Guinness here... whatever a republican president does will be disliked by the Irish

Thats basically it, Obama could dronestrike michael d higgins dogs and youd have posters here justifying it fawning over him, Raegan, Bush's, Trump - bomb the second in command of an opressive theocratic regime and its 'that was the worst thing ever, we love iran' . As a nation we have been collectively taught that US republican leaders are inherrintly bad and warmongers. Trump has been bringing home troops and the US intelligence services have been working in the background on covert operations to take out key targets , they land a big fish who's been on the list for decades and all of a sudden iran is like wonderland and it was a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

wildeside wrote: »
    Fair enough. And in the conventional military sense Iran don't have a chance against US military might. But war has long since moved past conventional warfare. The asymmetric nature of the US vs Anyone means tactics have changed drastically on the Anyone side of the equation.

Exactly, not since ww2 have two armies gone toe to toe, those days are gone. It's also the last time the US won a war so what does that tell you. Trillions of dollars will not outdo human will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are you old enough to remember Ronald Reagan's presidency?
    I think he was well liked by the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think the Irish are well able to read whenever there is an idiotic clown in the Presidency. Doesn't matter what side of the fence they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thats basically it, Obama could dronestrike michael d higgins dogs and youd have posters here justifying it fawning over him, Raegan, Bush's, Trump - bomb the second in command of an opressive theocratic regime and its 'that was the worst thing ever, we love iran' . As a nation we have been collectively taught that US republican leaders are inherrintly bad and warmongers. Trump has been bringing home troops and the US intelligence services have been working in the background on covert operations to take out key targets , they land a big fish who's been on the list for decades and all of a sudden iran is like wonderland and it was a bad thing.

Reagan was popular here. Irish people started to dislike Republicans more during Bush Jnr's reign.

josip wrote: »
    Are you old enough to remember Ronald Reagan's presidency?
    I think he was well liked by the Irish.

Whenever he is mentioned on this website its almost universally negative. In those days I would say well received but as people have strived to throw off the shackles of the catholic church, their new religion over time has been scourging conservatism in every fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭jackboy

threeball wrote: »
    Exactly, not since ww2 have two armies gone toe to toe, those days are gone. It's also the last time the US won a war so what does that tell you. Trillions of dollars will not outdo human will.

I’m sure if the US lose against Iran in the same way they lost against Saddam, they won’t be too upset.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Exactly Reads to me like Trump rang the Iraqi PM to have talks with Soleimani and the Iraqi PM then invited Soleimani not knowing it was a ploy by Trump.

Sneaky and conniving if that's the case. Trust has obviously been broken between the two countries. The US are entirely in the wrong here. Scumbag behaviour from Trump.

Disgusting behaviour by neocons in Washington, but we never know the full story i bet unless someone breaks rank and discloses the truth? Either way Israeli media claiming the militias have been sighted or tracked getting ready to strike IDF bases in Israel and city of Haifa from Lebanon and Syria. They're so much going on now across the middle east threats from different leaders. In time we will see if these threats are true and are about to take place. 

jackboy wrote: »
    I’m sure if the US lose against Iran in the same way they lost against Saddam, they won’t be too upset.

They're still fighting that war 20 years later in case you haven't noticed. No amount of mission accomplished flags on warships changes that fact.

• Advertisement

They're still fighting that war 20 years later in case you haven't noticed. No amount of mission accomplished flags on warships changes that fact.

keeping the armed forces and their suppliers / contractors in jobs for 20 years and allowing higher up figures to win medals and climb the ranks, all at the expense of the US taxpayer.

Disgusting behaviour by neocons in Washington, but we never know the full story i bet unless someone breaks rank and discloses the truth? Either way Israeli media claiming the militias have been sighted or tracked getting ready to strike IDF bases in Israel and city of Haifa from Lebanon and Syria. They're so much going on now across the middle east threats from different leaders. In time we will see if these threats are true and are about to take place. 

It's easier to get lies than truths from the Israelis. They live in a parallel universe

Its americas fault how badly they fund their own though.

If only they had a couple of trillion dollars they could have used........

And apply that to Africa to South America and beyond if only they could afford to feed people ,heal them and give them opportunities ,

But them ak47s and fighter jets look nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I’m waiting for when the US requests a coalition of the willing.

I wonder will we see tumble weeds until the US threaten sanctions on everyone.

jackboy wrote: »

If by 'they' you mean the American administration with no skin in the game then, yeah probably. But if by 'they' you mean families of dead American soldiers, then they'll probably be a teeny weeny bit upset.

But at least those families have the consolation that their dead children fought and died for a just cause. Iran would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭jackboy

No they are not. They quickly destroyed the Iraqi military with ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I’m waiting for when the US requests a coalition of the willing.

I wonder will we see tumble weeds until the US threaten sanctions on everyone.

Well the UK & Israel have their back till Armageddon hits

Iran cancels Soleimani ceremony in Tehran after massive turnout in second city.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-cancels-soleimani-ceremony-in-tehran-after-massive-turnout-in-second-city/

Trump probably watching this and thinking did we mess up here? Iran can't handle the numbers showing up to mourn. Even its own people want revenge. Iran has no choice now, this is there 9/11.

Forcing women to wear burkas stoning adulterers hanging gays from cranes theocratic rule requiring obligatory religious observance and a brutal police state that subjects its people to arbitrary arrest torture and imprisonment censored media and internet?

Yeah Iran seems delightful.

The Ayatollahs Soleimani and his ilk have been trying to export this violent ideology throughout world since 1979.

I know who I support

This is literally trump derangement syndrome when there are people who genuinely believe Iran is a better government for people to live under.

• Advertisement

But hey I can't change how badly funded mental health is badly funded here .

Would you be a stable genius then? Great strawman drawing mental health into this.

Advertisement