Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

Sure he said in the press conference that he done it to stop a war, it's a bit like Trump's business career, failure , bankruptcy etc. What a genius

ahh yes, because the US economy recovered all due to past administrations. That's awfully convenient considering the failures of past administrations to make a significant dent in their economic issues.

I get the dislike of trump. I really do. I just don't get the one-sided blind hatred of the man. Boards is full of this unrealistic hatred that cannot give even the minimum about of kudos, to the guy. He's succeeded in areas that other equally corrupted and inept politicians couldn't.

he's hardly a genius. Few people are. but he's hardly a complete moron. TBH he's been more successful than most people on boards. (under the logic that if you were successful, you wouldn't be wasting your time here whining, than actually improving your lives.) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Be interesting if Trump is assas.......extermi.......execu........murd........removed from office with prejudice. question is will it be internal or external.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

is_that_so wrote: »
    With a normal, reasoning politician it would not have been taken as there are far too many unknown outcomes. It is quite a baffling call unless you're Trump.

Every time I picture Trump at anything approaching strategizing or policy making....

s8104omzbd0z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

tdf7187 wrote: »
    A thesis that Israel/The Jews control the world in an underhand fashion is anti-semitic. It's the very definition of anti-semitism.

Who said Israel/The Jews control the world? He didn't. He just made a point about Israel's foreign policy position. But ya know, see whatever you want to see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Any chance you can be consistent and condemn this illegal act,

your demanding people condem something ,

Sorry your barking up the wrong tree here .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Be interesting if Trump is assas.......extermi.......execu........murd........removed from office with prejudice. question is will it be internal or external.

Internal, but blamed on external to keep the wars going for another decade or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The sanctions the yanks put on Iran , is what caused the protests , they're trying to get regime change in Iran by hoping the sanctions who cause civil unrest. I'd say the republican guard nipped the protests in the bud. I'm not condoning it , but I'm sure the Iranian government don't want to end up like, Iraq, Syria Libya

America bad, America's enemies good. Yeah, we get it. The tired old record of the moronic Irish left and its allies in Hezbollah and Iran. Have youse ever been right about ANYTHING?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

It is hard to believe that we are in a safer place than last week as a result of the US action, doesn't feel like it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

A thesis that Israel/The Jews control the world in an underhand fashion is anti-semitic. It's the very definition of anti-semitism.

An article with evidence in a reputable publications pointing out that US foreign policy on the middle east is being directed by Trump at the instigation of Bibi to support Israel is not anti Semitic, it is just fact.

Trying to close down debate by throwing casual slurs is pathetic and frankly embarrassing on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

wildeside wrote: »
    Who said Israel/The Jews control the world? He didn't. He just made a point about Israel's foreign policy position. But ya know, see whatever you want to see I guess.

He said that Israel controls the US's foreign policy by proxy. That is an anti-semitic trope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

ahh yes, because the US economy recovered all due to past administrations. That's awfully convenient considering the failures of past administrations to make a significant dent in their economic issues.

I get the dislike of trump. I really do. I just don't get the one-sided blind hatred of the man. Boards is full of this unrealistic hatred that cannot give even the minimum about of kudos, to the guy. He's succeeded in areas that other equally corrupted and inept politicians couldn't.

he's hardly a genius. Few people are. but he's hardly a complete moron. TBH he's been more successful than most people on boards. (under the logic that if you were successful, you wouldn't be wasting your time here whining, than actually improving your lives.) :D

No one on boards was gifted 10s of millions, then lost it all then got bankrolled by Russian money as far as I know.

Yes obviously an idiot, you're obviously comfortable with idiots, most of us try to avoid them.

If losing all your money twice is the definition of successful then he's definitely successful. He hasn't done pi$$ all for the American economy either. It takes a number of years for any major policy changes to actually change the path of an economy. Hes the benefactor of timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Didnt take long for the antisemites to check in.

You need a dictionary. This has nothing to do with semitic people. Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Six rockets just fired at the US embassy in Baghdad inside the US green zone. Every night thing now. Iran hasn't given the order to strike yet. Maybe militants are acting on their own, warnings to leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

He said that Israel controls the US's foreign policy by proxy. That is an anti-semitic trope.

What if it is true?

Many countries try to influence US foreign policy and are very successful. The Saudis and the Israelis are two, does that make me Anti Semitic and anti Islamic at the same time?

That is not anti-semitic. You can believe that it is, but it doesnt make it one. You'll have to try much harder than that to conflate the two...
    Atleast try and be more creative.

What if it is true?

Many countries try to influence US foreign policy and are very successful. The Saudis and the Israelis are two, does that make me Anti Semitic and anti Islamic at the same time?

And the US is a majority of Christian's. Does that make me an anti-catholic if I I say that the US are interfering with other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Six rockets just fired at the US embassy in Baghdad inside the US green zone. Every night thing now. Iran hasn't given the order to strike yet. Maybe militants are acting on their own, warnings to leave?

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't think you get it at all beyond some very peculiar need to call out anonymous internet denizens. One can respect the office, he doesn't, without accepting that the person who occupies it is an unwholesome human being unfit to be there. Sure he was elected but under a corrupt system that doesn't matter to anyone just as long as people like him never show it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Didnt take long for the antisemites to check in.
    At best this is a naive ill informed post, at worst you are deliberately misleading and attempting to quash discussion

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/israels-parliamentary-plot-uk-politicians-170107220710691.html
    "[Strizzolo] knows which MPs I want to take down … The Deputy Foreign Minister."

Masot was referring to Sir Alan Duncan, the foreign office minister.

Strizzolo later hinted that "a little scandal" might see Duncan dismissed.

• Advertisement

Tempers high, lots of such weapons floating around Iraq, so no surprise here if confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

That tweeter account might of course be in no way legitimate but it has just tweeted there has been a rocket land very close to the embassy with possible injuries.

Go fk yourself, you Jew hating scumbag.

Ahhh, no. Still very poor lad. Very poor response indeed.
    I work with people from all over the world. Jews and gentiles. All of them are very sound and get on brilliantly. Decent folk who I have great respect for.

Try again. And keep it clean this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

6 rockets must be cost saving measures

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gatling wrote: »
    And apply that to Africa to South America and beyond if only they could afford to feed people ,heal them and give them opportunities ,

But them ak47s and fighter jets look nice

But trump loves to tell everyone how much better america is than those ****holes. Are you saying hes the same as a tin pot dictator?

6 rockets must be cost saving measures

Expect the Iranian strike to begin after the funeral. I doubt Iran will order a strike before then, as all the commanders and leaders are in Tehran attending on Monday.. You likely see low level raids like this every night till it begins.

Some "military" thoughts on this along with an estimate of a huge invasion force. Last line sums this all up!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/05/iran-will-feel-it-must-retaliate-against-us-say-military-analysts

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm definitely stable .

Mental health explains most of the issues boards have in threads ,

End of the world types who blame America for their lifes woes .

The only people with delusions are the ones that will defend one man thats an utter degenerate . It's very odd fanboyism. By no measure is he a good human being, yet here people are, diving on anyone that dares say a non flattering word about him. it'd very weird.

You claim Irish people love a democrat regardless of who they are, yet here you are doing the opposite. Were you a Trump lover during his Democrat phases?

Trump at it again, probably got told about the rocket attacks!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1213919480574812160

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Expect the Iranian strike to begin after the funeral. I doubt Iran will order a strike before then, as all the commanders and leaders are in Tehran attending on Monday.. You likely see low level raids like this every night till it begins.

Iran won’t do a thing or they risk massive retaliation by the USAF. It’s bluster. Plain and simple. Yes they might retaliate with proxy force but they’ve been doing that for years anyway. theyve been taking the absolute piss recently bombing the Saudi oil refinery and hijacking ships as well as calling out Trump on Twitter. This is what brought the US reaction down on them in the first place.

Their economy is in bits and most Iranians hate their kip of a police state run by clerics and gangsters.

Tehran can not afford a full-blown war with the US while facing onerous economic sanctions and internal tumult. They’ve been keeping protests at bay by slaughtering their own citizens all last year.

If they escalate they will be annihilated by the Americans.

Advertisement