Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Seems to me that some posters want this to turn into a WW or something.

Testosterone or what?

Anyway it will all settle down and Trump will be re elected. That is the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you saying hes the same as a tin pot dictator?

I've already said it multiple times ,I'm no fan of trump

He's a basket case but the mad mullahs of iran and Saudi are no better in most cases 1000 times worse .

I'd be happy to see them all get drone striked ,

with the world moving on from ME oil dependency whats left for them to fight about a poxy book of made up stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Trump at it again, probably got told about the rocket attacks!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1213919480574812160

Talking to Congress through twitter to give notice of going to war. And I can't even text in sick to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

pearcider wrote: »
    Iran won’t do a thing or they risk massive retaliation by the USAF. It’s bluster. Plain and simple. Yes they might retaliate with proxy force but they’ve been doing that for years anyway. theyve been taking the absolute piss recently bombing the Saudi oil refinery and hijacking ships as well as calling out Trump on Twitter. This is what brought the US reaction down on them in the first place.

Their economy is in bits and most Iranians hate their kip of a police state run by clerics and gangsters.

Tehran can not afford a full-blown war with the US while facing onerous economic sanctions and internal tumult. They’ve been keeping protests at bay by slaughtering their own citizens all last year.

If they escalate they will be annihilated by the Americans.

Iran moving to hit back. Not one Iranian commander has said they won't. CNN even confirmed Iran has taken their missiles out of storage and they equipping them for firing. The crowds in Iran have showed up and are now calling for revenge. Iran has to strike militarily. Talking is over and Trump thinks his threats will get Iran back down they won't. Iran is now getting readied for a long damaging war against the United States. When you kill a popular Iranian general, you can not expect Iran to sit and take it. If Iran murdered Pompeo or a well known general would the United States do nothing.  

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

WW3 could start via twitter.

We all knew social media would destroy us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

Gatling wrote: »
    6 rockets must be cost saving measures

Only a bit of local annoyance...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Talking to Congress through twitter to give notice of going to war. And I can't even text in sick to work.

From that tweet, you do get a whiff of a possible Gulf of Tonkin like situation incoming. 'Any U.S person Trump says. How could they even prove that is will be Iranians?
    As good of a fight they may be able to put up, it's a non-runner for them. So I doubt they will do anything. So a pretext is needed. Just like the many pretexts of the last number of decades. And the 'justification' will conveniently occur. Trump must start this war so even if he isn't voted back in, another minion will carry it forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What an absolute headcase. Can you remove someone from the Presidency on grounds of insanity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Iran will take down twitter and the US military will be lost without guidance from their commander in chief. They'll have to switch to Instagram with Trump posting pics from the jacks.

It clear the satellites images are showing something that Trump doesn't like! These threats are his way of telling Iran to stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What an absolute headcase. Can you remove someone from the Presidency on grounds of insanity?

It was strongly rumoured as a possibility in year 1 of this presidency.
    Falls under the remit of the 25th a.mendment IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Under the 25th but I think the VP and cabinet would have to move that one as he'd never voluntarily step down. More hope of impeachment I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

What if it is true?

Many countries try to influence US foreign policy and are very successful. The Saudis and the Israelis are two, does that make me Anti Semitic and anti Islamic at the same time?

I think just anti-semitic, since the saudi's speak a semitic language.

You might be anti-european too though if you criticise American foreign policy, since they speak European languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Amazing to see how many boardsies are friends with or know what the majority of Iranians think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

lawred2 wrote: »
    What's the justification for murdering this guy?

He was no boy scout. The Iranians have been agitating Americas for the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Six rockets just fired at the US embassy in Baghdad inside the US green zone. Every night thing now. Iran hasn't given the order to strike yet. Maybe militants are acting on their own, warnings to leave?
    Either way, they completely missed the zone and took out some civilian apartments instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I will be pissed if this delays my flight to India, I have to stop in Dubai. Take it handy lads, for God's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

He was no boy scout. The Iranians have been agitating Americas for the last few weeks

When did agitating America for a few weeks become a legitimate reason for America or anyone to kill somebody ?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

By attacking American military compounds and embassies in illegally occupied territories? I'm not saying this guy was good, he was anything but. But don't make out the US has the moral high ground here.

charlie14 wrote: »
    When did agitating America for a few weeks become a legitimate reason for America or anyone to kill somebody ?

He just did it that one time too many. Hey look sometimes you can get away with crap, sometimes you cant. Its not like we are talking about Mother Theresa here either.

• Advertisement

Either way, they completely missed the zone and took out some civilian apartments instead.

Trump likely got showed the satellite intelligence images Iran has taken their missiles out of storage. This only done when missiles are  prepared to be fired at targets or for defensive measures. Trump only tweets like this when he is concerned about something! Two nights in a row he replied if Iran attacks we hit back!

3 missiles landed, 3 missed- one hit a civilian building. Those rockets are like mortars very inaccurate.

wildeside wrote: »
    By attacking American military compounds and embassies in illegally occupied territories?

That is not my point, and I am not saying to turn the other cheek either. They need to make an example of someone and his name came to the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Do we have any proof of that though?
    It's very easy to just say that an individual was up to no good but not back it up with any evidence.

It's all too convenient for the US (who do want a war with Iran) to kill more or less the very person who would be a catalyst for such a war.
    And the US have form in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

pearcider wrote: »
    Iran won’t do a thing or they risk massive retaliation by the USAF. It’s bluster. Plain and simple. Yes they might retaliate with proxy force but they’ve been doing that for years anyway. theyve been taking the absolute piss recently bombing the Saudi oil refinery and hijacking ships as well as calling out Trump on Twitter. This is what brought the US reaction down on them in the first place.

Their economy is in bits and most Iranians hate their kip of a police state run by clerics and gangsters.

Tehran can not afford a full-blown war with the US while facing onerous economic sanctions and internal tumult. They’ve been keeping protests at bay by slaughtering their own citizens all last year.

If they escalate they will be annihilated by the Americans.

Yes the vast majority of Iranians would dearly love to kick the mullahs out,,,and the only reason that they haven't is because the mullahs and QUD's have cracked down hard on the protesters. They have absolutely no compunction about killing / injuring their fellow Iranian's. Killing your own citizens is standard practice in this part of the world. If Trump had not given the order to kill Soleimani, in time this movement might have worked, but now, all bets are off. Because even anti-mullah hardliners, are first and foremost Muslim's...and any action that is seen as anti Islam, especially by the US, will inflame them, and paradoxically strengthen the mullah's hand. In the face of what will be a united Muslim front, it's not going to be a one way street., and I'm not talking about state of the art hi-Tech warfare here, one of the most effective weapons in existence is the very basic suicide bomber., and individual's who are not only prepared to take on the job, but actually will fight amongst themselves for the honour of Martyrdom, Just look at what is happening in Afghanistan at the moment. We are in for some very interesting times and with uncertain outcome's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

jmreire wrote: »
    Yes the vast majority of Iranians would dearly love to kick the mullahs out,,,and the only reason that they haven't is because the mullahs and QUD's have cracked down hard on the protesters. They have absolutely no compunction about killing / injuring their fellow Iranian's. Killing your own citizens is standard practice in this part of the world. If Trump had not given the order to kill Soleimani, in time this movement might have worked, but now, all bets are off. Because even anti-mullah hardliners, are first and foremost Muslim's...and any action that is seen as anti Islam, especially by the US, will inflame them, and paradoxically strengthen the mullah's hand. In the face of what will be a united Muslim front, it's not going to be a one way street., and I'm not talking about state of the art hi-Tech warfare here, one of the most effective weapons in existence is the very basic suicide bomber., and individual's who are not only prepared to take on the job, but actually will fight amongst themselves for the honour of Martyrdom, Just look at what is happening in Afghanistan at the moment. We are in for some very interesting times and with uncertain outcome's

The democracy movement never would’ve worked since the mullahs rule with an iron fist with their military, secret police and their brainwashing Islamic ideology. The appeasement by the Obama administration only emboldened them. Trump has been turning the screws financially and that’s what has caused the protests. The only thing they understand is force. The Japanese sent thousands of fanatical suicide bombers against the US in WW2 but they soon had their cough softened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

i knew Ireland had a lot of looney lefties but jesus the last couple of days have been a real eye opener on here. The US have killed a mass murdering terrorist and tbh im absolutely delighted.

bunderoon wrote: »
    Do we have any proof of that though?
    It's very easy to just say that an individual was up to no good but not back it up with any evidence.

It's all too convenient for the US (who do want a war with Iran) to kill more or less the very person who would be a catalyst for such a war.
    And the US have form in this regard.

Seen stuff on CBS, He was hand in hand with Hezzbollah C. in C. He was a general that lead on the ground from the 1980's Lebanon, Syria, Iraq etc. The man had seen it all

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Go fk yourself, you Jew hating scumbag.

Checkout this anti-Semitic Jew speaking out against Israel and this action in Iran!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZqRabzbZg

The US have killed a mass murdering terrorist and tbh im absolutely delighted.

Bit more than a one or two time terrorist. This guy lead on the ground since the mid 1980's. He was a guy who left bodies after him. A Hitler for his time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

He just did it that one time too many. Hey look sometimes you can get away with crap, sometimes you cant. Its not like we are talking about Mother Theresa here either.

It`s not like we are talking about the mafia here either.

Advertisement