Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Seen stuff on CBS, He was hand in hand with Hezzbollah C. in C. He was a general that lead on the ground from the 1980's Lebanon, Syria, Iraq etc. The man had seen it all

With all due respect, again, is there any proof? I never heard of the fella until probably like yourself, heard all the pre-packaged news pieces on him. If he was that bad we'd have heard of him before. The media can not be trusted on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Trump likely got showed the satellite intelligence images Iran has taken their missiles out of storage.

Stop with the spoofing .

You have no idea about what Iran is or isn't doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

i knew Ireland had a lot of looney lefties but jesus the last couple of days have been a real eye opener on here. The US have killed a mass murdering terrorist and tbh im absolutely delighted.

How many people have the yanks killed ??? Never mind the recent **** show in the middle East, they killed a million in Vietnam , all soldiers , I doubt it, dropping agent orange and napalm into the jungle , which plenty of US soldiers got cancer from handling . They dropped more bombs in Vietnam than were dropped in all off ww 2 , how is it if your against American foreign policy you're a leftie ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Bit more than a one or two time terrorist. This guy lead on the ground since the mid 1980's. He was a guy who left bodies after him. A Hitler for his time.

Oh i am aware of his history and the history of his actions, a true animal of a human being.

I always laugh and ask these lefties if they had a choice if they'd like to live in one of these middle eastern s hit holes or the United States where they'd prefer. Some lie and talk their way out of it but most know deep down the answer as we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gatling wrote: »
    Stop with the spoofing .

You have no idea about what Iran is or isn't doing

Either do you, hadn't stopped you telling us what ordinary joe Iranian thinks though.

• Advertisement

Bit more than a one or two time terrorist. This guy lead on the ground since the mid 1980's. He was a guy who left bodies after him. A Hitler for his time.

Hitler? How haven't we heard of him before? Very strange comparison to make..

How many people have the yanks killed ??? Never mind the recent **** show in the middle East, they killed a million in Vietnam , all soldiers , I doubt it, dropping agent orange and napalm into the jungle , which plenty of US soldiers got cancer from handling . They dropped more bombs in Vietnam than were dropped in all off ww 2 , how is it if your against American foreign policy you're a leftie ??

If it wasn't for America and Russia we'd all be speaking German now and the Jewish people would be no more. What have Iran ever done for the planet except spread terrorism and hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What an absolute headcase. Can you remove someone from the Presidency on grounds of insanity?

I think they can, but given that America is just a giant lunatic asylum anyway its not ever going to happen...insanity is classed as normality in that cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Odhinn

If it wasn't for America and Russia we'd all be speaking German now and the Jewish people would be no more. What have Iran ever done for the planet except spread terrorism and hate.

I gather you're taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He just did it that one time too many. Hey look sometimes you can get away with crap, sometimes you cant. Its not like we are talking about Mother Theresa here either.

This is what has been brought up in the last few end of the world iran threads ,

Iran has been heavily involved in Terror attacks inside Iraq for the 20 years they were behind the insurgency and sectarian violence post 2nd Gulf war that left tens of thousands of Iraqis dead along with coalition forces and not just inside Iraq ,

They were publicly warned after the last incident in the Gulf when iran shot down a tritton drone ,and it wasn't down to trump being afraid of casualties on the ground in Iran , Iran is meddellig and were told to back off ,

Now they got publicly bitch slapped and people on here are crying and demanding action , apologies , condemnation of the killing of a welll known terrorist in chief.

Only in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

pearcider wrote: »
    The democracy movement never would’ve worked since the mullahs rule with an iron fist with their military, secret police and their brainwashing Islamic ideology. The appeasement by the Obama administration only emboldened them. Trump has been turning the screws financially and that’s what has caused the protests. The only thing they understand is force. The Japanese sent thousands of fanatical suicide bombers against the US in WW2 but they soon had their cough softened.

Presently, there is a series on BBC TV, about the 2nd ww, with actual footage, in colour. It begins in Pearl Harbour and end's in Hiroshima / Nagasaki. It shows in detail, with facts and figures the fight for every inch of ground between Pearl harbour and Hiroshima / Nagasaki. It was so bad, that by the time they had taken Iwo Jima, with the Mainland next on the list, that the military were justifiably horrified with what the death toll would be, considering the price paid so far. Then the A bomb became available, and it was used,and thousands of American lives were saved. It was not a case that over night, they had their cough softened..it actually took 2 A bomb's, and from Dec 1941 to Sept 1945. And the Japanese did not use thousand's of fanatical suicide bombers.. even 100's would be an exaggeration, and even at that, they were targeting a well armed and defended enemy. Suicide bombers in crowded city streets, or busses/ trains etc. are a different matter entirely. Bear in mind that before the arrival of Ayatollah Khomeini, under Shah Ali Resa, you has the secret police the Savak, who imprisoned, tortured and killed with impunity. Yet he was kicked out, with his US backers. The revolt started in the university's , and gathered momentum from there, and led to the Resa's being removed. So why do you think that the same thing could not happen again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

i knew Ireland had a lot of looney lefties but jesus the last couple of days have been a real eye opener on here. The US have killed a mass murdering terrorist and tbh im absolutely delighted.

US claims he managed military activities that culminated in hundreds of US American soldier's deaths.  Yet they appear to not state where and when it took place?

When I look back, the Iraqi insurgency was taking place in Sunni heartlands of Iraq. I think America lying to defend this action in Iraq.

Why is he a terrorist?

By all accounts he was attacking Isis in Syria and Iraq.  We have established for decades US and their Saudi partners have worked with jihadist terrorists to overthrow regimes that dislike the United States and Israel. People seem to overlook Isis was swelling in numbers in Syria and was literally only 50km from Damascus. Where was the United States then? Russia recognized that west would let Syria fall to Isis and other extreme islamists. Iran fighting this Sunni insurgency for over a decade and west doesn't like it. A Sunni win is a win for Saudi Arabia and its partners in the West. 

You don't have to be left or right, whatever that means to know right from wrong.

Odhinn wrote: »
    I gather you're taking the piss?

No

This is what has been brought up in the last few end of the world iran threads ,

Iran has been heavily involved in Terror attacks inside Iraq for the 20 years they were behind the insurgency and sectarian violence post 2nd Gulf war that left tens of thousands of Iraqis dead along with coalition forces and not just inside Iraq ,

They were publicly warned after the last incident in the Gulf when iran shot down a tritton drone ,and it wasn't down to trump being afraid of casualties on the ground in Iran , Iran is meddellig and were told to back off ,

Now they got publicly bitch slapped and people on here are crying and demanding action , apologies , condemnation of the killing of a welll known terrorist in chief.

Only in Ireland

I'll be honest it's a tad bizarre to be thinking the Iranians have so much support in Ireland.

Maybe these people should do us all a favour and move there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

jmreire wrote: »
    Presently, there is a series on BBC TV, about the 2nd ww, with actual footage, in colour. It begins in Pearl Harbour and end's in Hiroshima / Nagasaki. It shows in detail, with facts and figures the fight for every inch of ground between Pearl harbour and Hiroshima / Nagasaki. It was so bad, that by the time they had taken Iwo Jima, with the Mainland next on the list, that the military were justifiably horrified with what the death toll would be, considering the price paid so far. Then the A bomb became available, and it was used,and thousands of American lives were saved. It was not a case that over night, they had their cough softened..it actually took 2 A bomb's, and from Dec 1941 to Sept 1945. And the Japanese did not use thousand's of fanatical suicide bombers.. even 100's would be an exaggeration, and even at that, they were targeting a well armed and defended enemy. Suicide bombers in crowded city streets, or busses/ trains etc. are a different matter entirely. Bear in mind that before the arrival of Ayatollah Khomeini, under Shah Ali Resa, you has the secret police the Savak, who imprisoned, tortured and killed with impunity. Yet he was kicked out, with his US backers. The revolt started in the university's , and gathered momentum from there, and led to the Resa's being removed. So why do you think that the same thing could not happen again?

I wouldn't bother trying to explain anything to him. He spends his nights watch US army recruitment adverts, playing COD and shouting Hoo ra at the telly. He hasnt a clue about history nor does he care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

bunderoon wrote: »
    With all due respect, again, is there any proof? I never heard of the fella until probably like yourself, heard all the pre-packaged news pieces on him. If he was that bad we'd have heard of him before. The media can not be trusted on these things.

No, but you dont get to be a general overnight and staff officers arent late bloomers. You cant tell who will be a staff officer but you can definitely tell who wont be.

It seems even Trumps alt right buddies like Richard Spencer have turned against him over this attack on Iran.

Hitler? How haven't we heard of him before? Very strange comparison to make..

You dont hear much about army officers until they are staff. Its all the politicians who like to swoop in and accept glory and photo opportunity. Its usually a bad leader who is a politician who makes military tactical decisions (eg Saddam, Hitler) They have more success when guys like Rommel and Pershing make decisions on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I don’t get this you’re almost saying well the Iranians might suicide bomb a few western cafeterias and therefore we should just appease them. F that. Use your strengths I say which is the greatest Air Force the world has ever seen. The US have been incredibly restrained. Trump actually turned back a massive air strike only a few weeks ago. Tehran had it coming.

Yeah the gap between the Iranians and the Americans is even more vast that it was with the Japanese so they’d really want to pipe down with their threats. Or what happened to Tokyo will happen to Tehran.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of western media whipping up hysteria about all out war. Anyone would think they would like to see one. Also, if Iran is looking at said media angle on all this, they would think that if they did decided to launch some significant retaliation, they would expect to have a fair degree of sympathizers in the West for any action they might take. This would only help influence them to retaliation. So I think the western media are being completely irresponsible right now.

Amanpour saying on Andrew Marr this morning that Iran although of course not as powerful as the US they have proxies all over the middle east which gives them all sorts of opportunities for retaliation. This is totally outrageous if true. And I don't see the western media getting their knickers in a twist about this. And some are saying that since the Iraq war the western media has been downplaying the threat to the world Iran is, by simply not reporting on their activities. I'd be inclined to believe that, given the way they are conducting themselves today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Only in Ireland

America kills someone in another state because he was from a country that was meddling and shot down one of their toys.

Jesus wept!

No, but you dont get to be a general overnight and staff officers arent late bloomers. You cant tell who will be a staff officer but you can definitely tell who wont be.

Still not making any sense to me. By your logic, a General in an Iraqi/Iranian/insert-any-non-western-country's army must be a war criminal in order to get to where he/she is. But for the same rank in any other western country, they got there by naturally rising through the ranks??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, skooterblue2, you are right. Outside of Iran / Syria / Lebanon / Iraq / Israel , and of course the US, Soleimani was relatively unknown. But within these groups, he was known as the Nr2 Man in Charge, 2nd only to Ayatollah Hassan Rouhani. He did not get to that position without earning it..... aside from everything else, this was some man for one man , and definitely not your average Iranian. No doubt he will be replaced, but with some one of the same talent? I very much doubt it, and that's where it will hurt Iran.

Still not making any sense to me. By your logic, a General in an Iraqi/Iranian/insert-any-non-western-country's army must be a war criminal in order to get to where he/she is. But for the same rank in any other western country, they got there by naturally rising through the ranks??

Not what I said at all. If you get posted to a crap unit or crap posting then you arent going to get off the blocks fast enough to get to staff. You can still get great posting and desirable units as a junior officer and somewhere midway screw up or get screwed over or over looked and get stuck down the bottom of the staff pool or in a peripheral unit. Either way your career ends prematurely or you get an almost mothballed unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Yes, skooterblue2, you are right. Outside of Iran / Syria / Lebanon / Iraq / Israel , and of course the US, Soleimani was relatively unknown. But within these groups, he was known as the Nr2 Man in Charge, 2nd only to Ayatollah Hassan Rouhani. He did not get to that position without earning it..... aside from everything else, this was some man for one man , and definitely not your average Iranian. No doubt he will be replaced, but with some one of the same talent? I very much doubt it, and that's where it will hurt Iran.

And the US assassinated him then tried to legitimise and legalise it on another countries sovereign territory, the US is a rogue state at this stage, glad the world is waking up to that fact

No doubt he will be replaced, but with some one of the same talent? I very much doubt it, and that's where it will hurt Iran.

Maybe the CIA are engineering to put in their own man to keep the pot bubbling but not let it boil over? Isnt that the way we all want it? Keep the arabs fighting each other but not organising

Can ye please post some links to historical info on this man? Even old news links.
    Anything said about him in the last day or two mimics what the western media has said. Ye talk about him like his history is well known to ye. Amd if it was, and individual like that would have crossed many of our radars.

Anyone would be forgiven to think that he is just some manufactured boogie man like the countless unknown victims of drone strikes where we get a name, but absolutely nothing else with regards proper background information.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

For all you grandstanding pro-interventionist armchair marine corps wannabes who would pi55 their pants in a fist fight please read up a bit on recent Iranian history. The west (US/UK..) has previous form here. Like for example this in 1953

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27état

i.e. the overthrow of a democratically elected government that wanted to nationalise the nations oil reserves.

So Iran was a democracy until the west intervened. Now we can't have that!

Despots and dictators are much better at doing the bidding of western (oil) interests.

The west have been ****ing up the middle east since before probably any of us here posting were born. And they continue to do so.

And yet still the macho apologists crawl out from the woodwork every single time.

I find it despicable how easily people defend and make excuses for war/violence and in the same breath make out the people being attacked are the savages that need to be civilised.

I am no fan of Islam or many aspects of culture in the middle east but we have lost the moral high ground as we've become the very monsters we proclaim to be fighting.

It's ****ing disgusting.

Now go back to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZqRabzbZg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

And the US assassinated him then tried to legitimise and legalise it on another countries sovereign territory, the US is a rogue state at this stage, glad the world is waking up to that fact

The world is waking up to it...Pompeo got the bums rush when he came begging for comfort from European leaders

• Advertisement

Not what I said at all. If you get posted to a crap unit or crap posting then you arent going to get off the blocks fast enough to get to staff. You can still get great posting and desirable units as a junior officer and somewhere midway screw up or get screwed over or over looked and get stuck down the bottom of the staff pool or in a peripheral unit. Either way your career ends prematurely or you get an almost mothballed unit.

What were you inferring when you said that you dont get to be a general overnight?

Advertisement