Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Since we are on the topic, cumulative gdp growth of 16.6% under Obama administration. It's a misonomer to suggest he mishandled the economy, considering what his administration inherited.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Funny to see everyone crying over yer mans death.

Can't imagine thousands taking to the streets balling their eyes out if Simon Coveney got blown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The Mobster is threatening Iraq now.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bricriu

Yankee scum - they think they own the rest of the World, from Chile to Afghanistan, and can do whatever they like (and unfortunately that is partly true as they use their wealth to create subservience, and to bully).
    All they understand are money, guns and bullying - a profoundly sick society. Stay at home, Yanks - very few people want you in their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

archer22 wrote: »
    The Mobster is threatening Iraq now.
    Well he's on a roll. He may even threaten Israel soon enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

Gatling wrote: »
    May I suggest you actually go read a book ,

Don't believe the first thing you see on a wiki page and repeatedly make a claim that isn't true ..........

Again you're wrong, read it in a book and saw it on a BBC documentary about the man. You're the one that doesn't read anything. Not even the link that you were directed to earlier. You just keep posting 2 lines of drivel thats about the level of a 5yr old shouting "I know you are but what am I"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Give me Americans any day over some of the new Irish we are seeing in our country today. Amazing the way hundreds of thousands of Irish visit the US every year on holiday and maybe a few hundred visit the likes of Iran. It's almost like America is better somehow ;)

Probably because most people take to America like a fly takes to sh!t.

Going over to see the flashy lights, a yellow cab or two and if they're lucky, they'll get the big soda cup in Wendys to tell all their friends about back home.

It being a popular holiday destination doesn't deem it or it's people better than any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Dear President Trump,

Cultural sites are, in fact, history's legacy to the entire world.

You seem to think that they are the exclusive possessions of the geo-political entity that happens to be the custodian of said cultural sites at any given time.

You are a classless moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

A quote from inside the Trump administration to start your day as a lot of people think military advising Trump are trying to manage him:
    "So many of Trump's top advisors on Iran are military vets who served multiple tours of duty in our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. They believe to their core that Iran is the reason why they lost those wars, and they're dead set on payback - no matter what it takes." Reza Marashi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    A quote from inside the Trump administration to start your day as a lot of people think military advising Trump are trying to manage him:
    "So many of Trump's top advisors on Iran are military vets who served multiple tours of duty in our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. They believe to their core that Iran is the reason why they lost those wars, and they're dead set on payback - no matter what it takes." Reza Marashi

Telling us what we already know. The US military are a bunch of war mongering psychopaths who spend their time ruminating about wars they lost and wars they want to have.

Its interesting to see them admit they lost. Never saw that before. Mission accomplished is the usual message.

• Advertisement

KWAG2019 wrote: »

So like a fool that got a hiding they want to go back for a second hiding then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »
    your demanding people condem something ,

Sorry your barking up the wrong tree here .

I know full well i am, just pointing out your hyporicisy and selective outrage depending on who is involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

So like a fool that got a hiding they want to go back for a second hiding then.

If they go back to war in the middle East up against Persia or Iran, its will be opening pandoras box and more than likely they will unite the Shias and Sunnis like never before.

They'll all say its now or never let's dance together.

Even though I don't like our own political situation at the moment but if someone attacked Ireland or tried to take us over id support our leadership and put principles over personalities.

That's what's going to happen in the middle East, nobody wants their country invaded or have an imperial foreign army on your soil, when it comes down to it there would be a lot of people turning into rebels unless you're a cuck or coward.

Ironically in a lot of movies the rebels are portrayed as the good guys amd heroes.

A lot of the people debating know feck all about Iranian culture and the differences between the Shia and the Sunnis and how it all started in the year 682 AD
    Muhammad's successors and the implications are still waging war and differences in the middle East.

Another fact is the 53 billion oil field recently discovered in Iran and its less than 100 meters below the surface.
    Easy pickings might I add.
    And there's going to be procurement as to who'll get the rights to the drilling.

And this whole bare-faced lies of the oil running out etc

There's a lot of variables to debate on the Iran USA debacle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Incidentally the predictions are that nothing happens from Iran until S’s funeral is over. Will Trump be able to resist all the HVTs in one place though?

alastair wrote: »
    It does. Varied landscapes, friendly welcoming people, serious cultural sites, great grub.

Yes many UNESCO World heritage sites.....I presume these are the places that the leader of the Yankee State Terror Group now wants to destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Not sure what holiday destination is better has to do with this, or the relevance.

Yes many UNESCO World heritage sites.....I presume these are the places that the leader of the Yankee State Terror Group now wants to destroy.

That's what loonies do when they want to destroy history and culture, and rebuild it in their image and take credit for it.

Similar in Palmerya and where did some of the artifacts end up????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ISIS attacked cultural sites. That's the level the US will be going to ffs.

It's bizzare how those championing this act can be so inconsistent, they would be up in arms if any of the nations that bore the brunt of US aggression, or from just the threat of it, over the year decided to take out a top US general as a deterrent measure.
    Also how they take any US pronoucements around this matter as gospel, considering a brief read of the CIA's own declassified documents is littered with instances of aggression toward other states; from invasions, conspiring with drug barons, right- wing dictators, coups and general meddling in other countries down through the years. In a lot of these cases the crime was simply that the leaders of these countries were not amenable to US Economic interests.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    ISIS attacked cultural sites. That's the level the US will be going to ffs.

It ok if the US do it, though. The Trump apologists will find a way to excuse it. No matter if some former US Generals are even speaking out about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zavi13

Now that orange abomination is threatening mass murder in Iran and also bombing cultural sites, some of which are over 2,000 years old! That is a war crime by any definition, IS/Daesh were condemned for almost exactly the same sort of barbarous destruction in Palmyra, Syria just a few years ago. If this tangerine thug proceeds on this insane path the US itself will pay a very high price, look at the hundreds of thousands who turned out for Solemaini's funeral. There are over 80 million people in Iran and another 40-50 million Shia Muslims spread across the region and the wider world. does Trump want to make war on all of them? These are the perils created for world peace when a coalition of the ignorant, the bigoted and the downright racist elect such an utterly appalling creature to high office. We are living in dangerous times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

End the EU stuck in the middle. The poodles across the water will ultimately back Trump with their Brexit agenda. The EU needs to take a hardline stance here and call out Trump or else the consequences will be dire for the continent. Worse than in the USA, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It's bizzare how those championing this act can be so inconsistent, they would be up in arms if any of the nations that bore the brunt of US aggression, or from just the threat of it, over the year decided to take out a top US general as a deterrent measure.
    Also how they take any US pronoucements around this matter as gospel, considering a brief read of the CIA's own declassified documents is littered with instances of aggression toward other states; from invasions, conspiring with drug baron, right- wing dictators, coups and general meddling in other countries down through the years. In a lot of these cases the crime was simply that the leaders of these countries were not amenable to US Economic interests.

Whats even more bizzare is they try and paint this assassination as a good thing, the US will be paying for years for this in one way or another, it did nothing to improve US-Iran relations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

nthclare wrote: »
    If they go back to war in the middle East up against Persia or Iran, its will be opening pandoras box and more than likely they will unite the Shias and Sunnis like never before.

They'll all say its now or never let's dance together.

Even though I don't like our own political situation at the moment but if someone attacked Ireland or tried to take us over id support our leadership and put principles over personalities.

That's what's going to happen in the middle East, nobody wants their country invaded or have an imperial foreign army on your soil, when it comes down to it there would be a lot of people turning into rebels unless you're a cuck or coward.

That's exactly what will happen... I dated an Iranian for a little while and she (and claimed the majority in the country) hated the government and still supported the deposed king... But made it clear given the destruction America caused in a once beautiful Iraq if America went near them Iran would stand as one. I'd imagine we are seeing this now in the funeral demonstrations more so than any love of who he was.

Ps... I've only skimmed this thread so seen about the 50s meddling. America/UK used the then Shah(king) to meet their ends there. He then stamped his authority making Iran an economically thriving country and the military strength that came with that... So in the late 70s America/UK meddled again to oust him. the Shah refused to fire on protestors and this time they managed to oust a progressive leader for an unplanned result and the nightmare they have now.

Trump threatening sanctions on a Iraq now because they may formally ask his troops to leave says it all about the US and what it has become. It's old empire we have a right to everything stuff.
    Genuinely feel sorry for the middle East who have to suffer the Muslim extremists and America constantly bombing the crap out of their countries.

Zavi13 wrote: »
    Now that orange abomination is threatening mass murder in Iran and also bombing cultural sites, some of which are over 2,000 years old! That is a war crime by any definition, IS/Daesh were condemned for almost exactly the same sort of barbarous destruction in Palmyra, Syria just a few years ago. If this tangerine thug proceeds on this insane path the US itself will pay a very high price, look at the hundreds of thousands who turned out for Solemaini's funeral. There are over 80 million people in Iran and another 40-50 million Shia Muslims spread across the region and the wider world. does Trump want to make war on all of them? These are the perils created for world peace when a coalition of the ignorant, the bigoted and the downright racist elect such an utterly appalling creature to high office. We are living in dangerous times!

You simplified my post but yes that's what's happening.

Killing in the name of...

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

threeball wrote: »
    Typical of you. Cherry pick a line from a post then ignore the rest that gave it context. You were told the Iranians gave the Kurds weapons. The yanks didn't bother their hole until Iran and Russia got involved. They left the Yassidis to die on a hill and they left the Kurds to the mercy of the Turks once they did the dirty work.

Every post you play semantics. You're about 2 post short of picking out spelling mistakes. You add nothing to the debate because you know nothing.

Don't forget they left them to be slaughtered during GW1 aswell

overshoot wrote: »
    That's exactly what will happen... I dated an Iranian for a little while and she (and claimed the majority in the country) hated the government and still supported the deposed king... But made it clear given the destruction America caused in a once beautiful Iraq if America went near them Iran would stand as one. I'd imagine we are seeing this now in the funeral demonstrations more so than any love of who he was.

Ps... I've only skimmed this thread so seen about the 50s meddling. America/UK used the then Shah(king) to meet their ends there. He then stamped his authority making Iran an economically thriving country and the military strength that came with that... So in the late 70s America/UK meddled again to oust him. the Shah refused to fire on protestors and this time they managed to oust a progressive leader for an unplanned result and the nightmare they have now.

Trump threatening sanctions on a Iraq now because they may formally ask his troops to leave says it all about the US and what it has become. It's old empire we have a right to everything stuff.
    Genuinely feel sorry for the middle East who have to suffer the Muslim extremists and America constantly bombing the crap out of their countries.

Exactly caught between a rock and a hard place.

Iran is a beautiful country and its gardens, history and culture is the oldest in the known world.

You've all different landscapes from deserts and plains to mountains with free running rivers and they full of trout and melting snow, people living like rural Irish people and friendly people who are oblivious to much else happening in the rest of the world.

But if war breaks out even their worlds will be shattered.

They'll hate the west just as much as the others do.

We've suffered from imperialism throughout our own history and my own grandfather seen his father get a hammering from the black and tans because he was a suspect...

My dad still mentions it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the people of the middle east need to be left to suffer at the mercy of totalitarian dictators. democracy needs to come from within, it cannot be helped or imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

nthclare wrote: »

We've suffered from imperialism throughout our own history and my own grandfather seen his father get a hammering from the black and tans because he was a suspect...

My dad still mentions it now and again.

That's a thing that always confuses me about Irish people who support American/Israeli policy in the M.E. our ancestors suffered numerous famine, rebellion, slavery , extreme poverty ,deportations, etc all under British rule and that what the Israelis , who are backed my the yanks are doing in the M.E. Is it just a dislike of Muslims that makes them support it, im not to fond of the religion or a lot of it's culture. But it you keep on instigating war on them , surprisingly they might fight back , like what we done. I don't know if them Trump supporters have been watching the news over the last few years, but we've had millions of refugees coming in from Syria, Libya and Iraq over the last few years. How many refugees will we have if they go to war with Iran who has a population of 80 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

That's a thing that always confuses me about Irish people who support American/Israeli policy in the M.E. our ancestors suffered numerous famine, rebellion, slavery , extreme poverty ,deportations, etc all under British rule and that what the Israelis , who are backed my the yanks are doing in the M.E. Is it just a dislike of Muslims that makes them support it, im not to fond of the religion or a lot of it's culture. But it you keep on instigating war on them , surprisingly they might fight back , like what we done. I don't know if them Trump supporters have been watching the news over the last few years, but we've had millions of refugees coming in from Syria, Libya and Iraq over the last few years. How many refugees will we have if they go to war with Iran who has a population of 80 million.

It’s anti Americanism plain and simple. These lefties can’t understand that their types would be the first to the gallows under a theocracy like Iran. The only thing that keeps militant Islam at bay is US military supremacy and God help soft Western Europe if that ever fails.

Advertisement