Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭WengerOutIn

The USA is lucky there are quite a few countries between them and the middle-east. Unfortunately it will be European countries that pay the price for the greedy shortsightedness of US imperial policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

The situation is possibly even more dangerous -

The Washington hawks may be eager to get their war at this time because they may consider that they can "retrieve their halos" when *Clementine Chump goes.

In other words, go for it now under the guise of obeying Chump's wishes but blame him solely when it all goes wrong.

They have an ideal patsy in *Clementine Chump.

* I was inspired by Zavi13

I get the dislike of trump. I really do. I just don't get the one-sided blind hatred of the man. Boards is full of this unrealistic hatred that cannot give even the minimum about of kudos, to the guy. He's succeeded in areas that other equally corrupted and inept politicians couldn't.

[Citation Needed]

5mti7e0tf4941.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Would have been a good time to take out a lot of terrorists at the funeral of this thug.

Would have been a good time to take out a lot of terrorists at the funeral of this thug.

Innocent bystanders be damned, I suppose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Innocent bystanders be damned, I suppose?
    Well, they are all terrorists cos they live in Iran!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There didn't seem to be many or any Americans at the funeral. That's a lot of people to kill in the hopes of taking out a few Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You’re suggesting bombing a funeral?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That's a thing that always confuses me about Irish people who support American/Israeli policy in the M.E. our ancestors suffered numerous famine, rebellion, slavery , extreme poverty ,deportations, etc all under British rule and that what the Israelis , who are backed my the yanks are doing in the M.E. Is it just a dislike of Muslims that makes them support it, im not to fond of the religion or a lot of it's culture. But it you keep on instigating war on them , surprisingly they might fight back , like what we done. I don't know if them Trump supporters have been watching the news over the last few years, but we've had millions of refugees coming in from Syria, Libya and Iraq over the last few years. How many refugees will we have if they go to war with Iran who has a population of 80 million.

The truth is Iran hardly ever have masses of refugees going in any direction because it's a lot more safer to live in than any other country in the middle East
    There's more water and green pasture in Iran than any other country in the middle East its a paradise compared to Saudi Arabia.

Christians and Jews are allowed to drink alcohol there and like Peshawar in Pakistan they enjoy putting up Christmas tree's and the Muslims wish them a happy Christmas...

Ironically you'll hear a lot of bad things about the urban areas but like Ireland in the troubles a few housing estates and urban areas along with the borders were always a bit dangerous and any journalist can twist a story to make it much worse than it is.

Supposedly for years the whole of Ireland was at war, and people were afraid to visit in case they're caught up in a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

pearcider wrote: »
    It’s anti Americanism plain and simple. These lefties can’t understand that their types would be the first to the gallows under a theocracy like Iran. The only thing that keeps militant Islam at bay is US military supremacy and God help soft Western Europe if that ever fails.

So I'm a leftie now because I disagree with the yanks sticking their nose in everywhere , as I said before we never had isis, or millions of Muslims coming into Europe till the Iraq war ,we had no suicide bombing attacks in Europe either, btw do you know that the yanks helped the fundamentalists during the Russia/ Afghan war . Who came into power after that , take a guess ... The Taliban , so much for militant islam at bay. Do you know who kept militant Islam at bay in Iraq ... Saddam hussien. Take a trip down the library after work and maybe read a few history books instead of getting all your info from fox news . You don't know your arse from your elbow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

They have form for bombing weddings so a funeral wouldn't be out of the question for them.

The USA is lucky there are quite a few countries between them and the middle-east. Unfortunately it will be European countries that pay the price for the greedy shortsightedness of US imperial policies.

Don't forget a very large ocean aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Already being exploited by Putin and his proxies.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Trump is a dictator, end of, he’s fired so many people from his inner circle he no longer has or will not tolerate any dissenting voices or voices which offer him constructive alternatives, Democracy my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Gatling wrote: »
    They were doing the work ,

Another person claimed it was Russia some else it's Iran .

Can the real fighter's of Isis please stand up

Very little mention of the Kurds and 28 other players who did most of the work no

Very little thanks either for the boots on the ground who actually fought ISIS either when you see how the US knifed the Kurds in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

They have form for bombing weddings so a funeral wouldn't be out of the question for them.
    But ... but that's 'collateral damage', we're the good guys and we carry out 'surgical strikes' with 'smart bombs'.

nthclare wrote: »
    The truth is Iran hardly ever have masses of refugees going in any direction because it's a lot more safer to live in than any other country in the middle East
    There's more water and green pasture in Iran than any other country in the middle East its a paradise compared to Saudi Arabia.

Christians and Jews are allowed to drink alcohol there and like Peshawar in Pakistan they enjoy putting up Christmas tree's and the Muslims wish them a happy Christmas...

Ironically you'll hear a lot of bad things about the urban areas but like Ireland in the troubles a few housing estates and urban areas along with the borders were always a bit dangerous and any journalist can twist a story to make it much worse than it is.

Supposedly for years the whole of Ireland was at war, and people were afraid to visit in case they're caught up in a situation.

I've read articles in fishing magazines from lads who went over there on a fishing holiday . Great people , safe country , beautiful scenery , don't believe everything you hear from the media etc But sure the yanks would have you believe they're all evil.

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Already being exploited by Putin and his proxies.

Give me Putin any day. Trump tweets and presses buttons. Putin is an actual leader.

I've read articles in fishing magazines from lads who went over there on a fishing holiday . Great people , safe country , beautiful scenery , don't believe everything you hear from the media etc But sure the yanks would have you believe they're all evil.

These people are the inheritors of Persia. An actual civilisation that has had a positive impact on the world. Now I will not be naive and say it was all good. But as the west had Greece and Rome to thank for our development, so too Iran has Persia.

USA has Trump....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

pearcider wrote: »
    It’s anti Americanism plain and simple. These lefties can’t understand that their types would be the first to the gallows under a theocracy like Iran. The only thing that keeps militant Islam at bay is US military supremacy and God help soft Western Europe if that ever fails.

It's American policy that helps militant Islam thrive. If you can't see that, there's really no hope for you.

• Advertisement

Well they have droned weddings before Obama's tenure, who knows what the orange idiot will do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Don't forget a very large ocean aswell

Yes its called the Atlantic ocean

Ironically the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation seem to be well away from the North Atlantic.

If a war broke out in one of the countries along those fringes I'd have no problem with NATO having to go in and sort it out and get the job done accordingly.

But meddling in the middle East is only gaining negative feedback and confusion to the masses.

If American mainland was attacked id see nothing wrong with the Americans swiftly taking action and vaporising the incoming army threatening to invade them...

But all the variables in the middle East doesn't make sense for a western army to be dictating their lives.

Russia and China could be the winner out of all this they could organise a trade agreement with the whole Islamic world and China and Russian will be like our America in fairness I buy a lot of American fishing gear because its the best built gear in the world along with the Swiss and Japanese

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It's American policy that helps militant Islam thrive. If you can't see that, there's really no hope for you.
    Military supremacy? hahaha, that is actually hilarious. The Russians and Chinese have enough now to send the US and their oh so amazing F35s back to the stone-age. Oh wait, they have a space force now...enter the halo music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

But ... but that's 'collateral damage', we're the good guys and we carry out 'surgical strikes' with 'smart bombs'.

What are these 'smart bombs', does Alexa play requests from a a rocket at 40,000 feet? Can it let the dog out when you are not at home?

Have you ever watch collateral murder on YouTube, and the yanks wonder why some people in the M .E hate them.

https://youtu.be/Zok8yMxXEwk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Have you ever watch collateral murder on YouTube, and the yanks wonder why some people in the M .E hate them.

https://youtu.be/Zok8yMxXEwk

That post is actually mocking the use of sanitised language, the poster (I think) agrees with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So I'm a leftie now because I disagree with the yanks sticking their nose in everywhere , as I said before we never had isis, or millions of Muslims coming into Europe till the Iraq war ,we had no suicide bombing attacks in Europe either, btw do you know that the yanks helped the fundamentalists during the Russia/ Afghan war . Who came into power after that , take a guess ... The Taliban , so much for militant islam at bay. Do you know who kept militant Islam at bay in Iraq ... Saddam hussien. Take a trip down the library after work and maybe read a few history books instead of getting all your info from fox news . You don't know your arse from your elbow

My second favourite movie reference for politics, after Indiana Jones flying over the map of Palestine, with no Israel present, is Rambo in Afghanistan fighting with the Taliban applauding how they've been stepped on by much greater foreign powers but they hold on. Time is a funny thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

The development of smart weapons was to avoid collateral damage: for reasons of avoiding propaganda victories and maintaining proportionality etc etc. Their use is to be preferred over older munitions. The latest iteration isn’t explosive: it crushes a vehicle and dismembers those within minimizing blast injuries to passersby.

I think the funeral would have been assessed as a possible target; removing most of the leadership of the regime and the military must have been tempting.

I say that not to offend but in the hope that we might all recognize that limits are very few now and we shouldn’t imagine moral outrage at S’s brutality or bombing a funeral count for much. The calculations are done differently or, in Trump’s case, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Trump has really extracted the maximum amount of attention air time and pr possible out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Trump has really extracted the maximum amount of attention air time and pr possible out of this.

The only saving grace he had was people claiming at least he wasn't a war monger and he preferred doing business to fighting. So now he's nothing.

Advertisement