Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Cordell wrote: »
    The US president is the president of the US, that is the president of the united states, not the president of the people.

Correct. Not a democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You remind me of the loons sharing results of the recent UK elections if PR was in use... the idea that people would vote the same way, in a totally different system, with different winning metrics is ludicrous.

It wouldn’t be a totally different system though - unlike changing single vote to PR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

It is democracy.

If Iran ruled the world - and yes, they want to, you wouldn't be reading this. You'd be in the mosque five times a day or in prison - somewhere around the 14th century.

Not really the Shias don't pray 5 times a day you're thinking of the Sunnis

You're watching too many isis interrogation clips while eating your cornflakes...

You know a lot about Iran but their culture is more in common with the Zoroastrianism culture than Arabian and ironically there's 200,000 plus practicing it in Iran your so called country of one religion...

Try coco pops they're less generic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The US is not a democracy and was never meant to be one.

In the US the people rule but that rule goes through institutions designed to protect the individual and the minority from the totalitarianism of the majority.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rambo in Afghanistan fighting with the Taliban

Actually no but welcome to Hollywood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Every individual does not have the same voting power in Ireland, that's not remotely true.

How do you make that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

threeball wrote: »
    Thats what you want in Iran so why not the US.

What? I dont want any bombing in Iran. Should be left to do their own thing. Not an aggressive country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It's American policy that helps militant Islam thrive. If you can't see that, there's really no hope for you.

Yeah the evil Americans are to blame for a 1400 year old religion that expanded by the sword until it was stopped in France by Charles Martel. I suppose it’s the evil CIA that destroyed Constantinople too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Well they have droned weddings before Obama's tenure, who knows what the orange idiot will do
    They have bombed funerals and also the subsequent funeral for those funeral goers. Fairly sure that was under Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

nthclare wrote: »
    Not really the Shias don't pray 5 times a day you're thinking of the Sunnis

You're watching too many isis interrogation clips while eating your cornflakes...

You know a lot about Iran but their culture is more in common with the Zoroastrianism culture than Arabian and ironically there's 200,000 plus practicing it in Iran your so called country of one religion...

Try coco pops they're less generic

Don't eat either thanks a bunch. I'm a porridge guy.

Where did I say they all practised the same religion? Or do you have a habit of making stuff up.

I don't bother myself with watching ISIS stuff either I'll leave that to your good self.

• Advertisement

pearcider wrote: »
    Yeah the evil Americans are to blame for a 1400 year old religion that expanded by the sword

Everyone's lives woes are down to America and YouTube .

America made my puppies die , America is stopping me getting a job , America has me on boards ranting and raving America was in Vietnam an on and on and on .

Meanwhile in the real world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Just because I dont hate trump I'm assumed to be some right winger mad for war. Gas.

Yeah the evil Americans are to blame for a 1400 year old religion that expanded by the sword until it was stopped in France by Charles Martel. I suppose it’s the evil CIA that destroyed Constantinople too.

Fox news fault something something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

They have bombed funerals and also the subsequent funeral for those funeral goers. Fairly sure that was under Obama.
    Ye you're right I meant to write during Obama's tenure, didn't agree with him getting involved in the Arab springs either

They have bombed funerals

Fairly sure that was under Obama.

Afghanistan pre-obama Bush was in for one at least ,

Seems to Pop up in straight to dvd movies America accidentally bombing weddings and funerals ,but then again there not the only ones to have done it

threeball wrote: »
    More absolute Fox news tripe. Where has Iran ever stated an intent to invade foreign countries or turn them Islamic. Show me one country they attacked that wasn't an aggressor.

But sure all the muslims are the same to you, isis, Iranians, Pakistanis. Just a bunch of mad brown beheading bastards only good for target practice.

Yes because that's exactly what I've posted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

alastair wrote: »
    Correct. Not a democracy.

But it is a democracy. You can have a pure radical direct democracy where the people vote on everything or you can have the indirect democracy where people vote for their representatives and other various versions in between.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Don't eat either thanks a bunch. I'm a porridge guy.

Where did I say they all practised the same religion? Or do you have a habit of making stuff up.

I don't bother myself with watching ISIS stuff either I'll leave that to your good self.

You suggested if Iran ruled the world we'd be all praying 5 times a day or something to that effect.
    So in my comprehensive observation of your post you think they're predominantly Sunnis in Iran and the Irish would be Sunni praying 5 times a day.

Actually we have more in common with Persia than you think, the Irish language comes from Farsi and the Persians had no intention of ruling the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Well this has turned to tripe..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

alastair wrote: »
    The voters were voting for a president, nothing would change in that regard by removing the college system.

They were voting to tell the State's representatives who to vote for in the Presidential election. Not quite the same thing. Federalism at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Must say I am very dissapponted in the official statement from UK/France/Germany.

Must say I am very dissapponted

What were you expecting ..?

Must say I am very dissapponted in the official statement from UK/France/Germany.

I’m not. They know that the Iranian theocracy are implacably opposed to peace with the West. They also know Suleimani was a scum bag responsible for all sorts of trouble in the Middle East. Tehran has finally got a bloody nose after all their aggression last year and there’s plenty more where that came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

Funerals, weddings, Kids birthday parties, they do them all. No questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I’m not. They know that the Iranian theocracy are implacably opposed to peace with the West. They also know Suleimani was a scum bag responsible for all sorts of trouble in the Middle East. Tehran has finally got a bloody nose after all their aggression last year and there’s plenty more where that came from.

I suppose you'll be flying over to the states soon and enlisting , or if you really wanted to fight Iran why don't you join isis

nthclare wrote: »
    You suggested if Iran ruled the world we'd be all praying 5 times a day or something to that effect.
    So in my comprehensive observation of your post you think they're predominantly Sunnis in Iran and the Irish would be Sunni praying 5 times a day.

Actually we have more in common with Persia than you think, the Irish language comes from Farsi and the Persians had no intention of ruling the world.

Persians had no intentions of ruling the world haha haha. They’ve been trying since Darius the great. Thank God it is the Americans that actually do rule the world so you all have the freedom to spout off all the nonsense you want.

Persians had no intentions of ruling the world haha haha. They’ve been trying since Darius the great.

King Leonidas I

Now there was a man .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Gatling wrote: »
    King Leonidas I

Now there was a man .

Love his chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Persians had no intentions of ruling the world haha haha. They’ve been trying since Darius the great. Thank God it is the Americans that actually do rule the world so you all have the freedom to spout off all the nonsense you want.

Trump is working on that. Already tackling protests. Give him time.

If there was oil in your back yard the U.S. would bring 'freedom' to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Well this has turned to tripe..
    Yeah exactly what I was thinking as I glanced over the last couple of pages. Degenerated into inane squabbling. Had been mainly interesting earlier.

Advertisement