Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I actually clicked into this thread desperately hoping some old tweets from Trump would be here rather than posts about what happened in Iran. Thanks guys.

https://twitter.com/TheMichaelMoran/status/1213020460193124352?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You believe Trump put any thought in to this?

Does he put any thought in to anything else?

Yes and yes.

I’d say the main thing that occupies his thoughts is his own personal advancements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Just for Lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

SeaFields wrote: »
    Looking at the comments under Donald's tweet....the yanks really are a bat sh!t crazy race of people.

Any country where in large parts racism is rife, 40,000 people are shot dead per year and the only response is USA,USA, has to be pitied.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

They will also sponsor terrorism.

The US armed jihadi groups in Syria, PKK who the US are allied with in Kurdish regions are designated Terrorists in Turkey. Remember the friendly Mujihadeen(Al Queda) fighting the Soviets? The US sponsored them also.

Remember the Saudis who knocked out the Twin Tower's? Yeah US allies.

Point is if your from the west your only hearing Western media view's on who's sponsoring terrorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You would think there would be some kind of parliamentary process to stop him you know just in case the president is a total nutjob ...checks and balances.

I mean give the generals some kind of autonomy ..so they can avoid doing stupid stuff.

I'll have you know that that is a very stable genius that you are talking about!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah they probably will through proxy rocket attacks, which is nothing new for Israel. And has already been said, Bibi will be only delighted with a bit of nationalistic fervor in the run up to the third election attempt in March and with his court cases all on the boil.

Despite all the posturing and the large armies, Iran doesn't really have the capability to enter a lasting full scale conventional war in or around its own territory. Their air force is antiquated and their navy small, I would have no doubt that the US and Israel could lay waste to most of it with stand off weapons in short order. Yes, they have 300,000 troops of varying standard, but what use without control of the skies?

Afghanistan has no airfoce and the US are still fighting there, and losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah they probably will through proxy rocket attacks, which is nothing new for Israel. And has already been said, Bibi will be only delighted with a bit of nationalistic fervor in the run up to the third election attempt in March and with his court cases all on the boil.

Despite all the posturing and the large armies, Iran doesn't really have the capability to enter a lasting full scale conventional war in or around its own territory. Their air force is antiquated and their navy small, I would have no doubt that the US and Israel could lay waste to most of it with stand off weapons in short order. Yes, they have 300,000 troops of varying standard, but what use without control of the skies?

Bibi isn't nearly as despotic as you like to think. He won't want this. No one in Israel wants this. Bibi isn't a 'Trump'. He isn't perfect he's a dick sometimes ..but he isn't trump.

It will scare people ...and they will want more military ..which is understandable ..and it will further fuel the whole ****ing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Limpy wrote: »
    Afghanistan has no airfoce and the US are still fighting there, and losing.

I don’t think the Iranian regime would like to be reduced to what the taliban are now.

jackboy wrote: »
    I don’t think the Iranian regime would like to be reduced to what the taliban are now.

Winning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Petrol and Diesel on the rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

In an all out war they could, for example what if China decides to sell them their drones then America is in for a rude awekening

I doubt that will happen, Russia and China will make loud noises for public consumption, but that's all it will be, they would never risk doing anything that could lead to a direct conflict with a major military power. Despite all the propaganda Iran is not a major threat to America in a conventional war- if it was the strike would never have taken place, so Iran will threaten dire consequences, but they are limited to asymmetrical warfare, which means they can't carry out a proportionate response like killing a senior American military officer.
    What will likely happen is they will attempt to kill American Soliders and hope that is enough to satisfy a domestic audience and not risk all out war, as Iran knows a war with America ensures the end of the Iranian Regime.

Winning

Is is worth winning a fight if you lose your dick, your two arms and your two legs.

Is is worth winning a fight if you lose your dick, your two arms and your two legs.

Ask the families of the 2k plus yank soldier's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

In fairness to trump he's following the same agenda in a long line of American presidents. The pentagon and department of defense set this agenda. Then with war mongers such as pompeo one shouldn't be surprised. Let there be no mistake about this, the democrats will be delighted. They won't impeach trump for international terrorism. Bloody hypocrites.

The US armed jihadi groups in Syria, PKK who the US are allied with in Kurdish regions are designated Terrorists in Turkey. Remember the friendly Mujihadeen(Al Queda) fighting the Soviets? The US sponsored them also.

Remember the Saudis who knocked out the Twin Tower's? Yeah US allies.

Point is if your from the west your only hearing Western media view's on who's sponsoring terrorists.

I am from the west and i have a syrian refugee in a class with me. I know assad is an evil mass child killer. He used chemical weapons on his own people.

He castrated young boys then murdered them and sent their bodies back to their parents.

The arab spring at that time was a completely PEACEFUL movement ...the protestors in syria wanted human rights ...they released DOVES onto the streets during their protests. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT ASSAD DID!??

The town the protest took place in was Deraa. HE BOMBED THE ENTIRE TOWN TO THE GROUND...

It was after that ..freedom fighters got violent ...and yes some of them have connections to the US

But don't think for one moment Assad deserves to be alive let alone president.

People in syria were fighting for their lives.

It was ONLY after protests calling for the oppression of assads regime to be removed were brutally oppressed that things went to **** ...and yes its a cluster**** of factions etc.

You can't compare the west to the brutality of middle eastern dictatorships and what the people who live there have to live under.

So far as i know so far trump hasn't castrated any kids.

Ask the families of the 2k plus yank soldier's.

Soldiers fight but it is regimes that start and end wars. Which regime will suffer the most? Trumps family or the families of the Iranian regime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Do you actually believe Iraqis flocked to the street to dance at the news of an American drone strike?

Before the drone strike, you may remember that the Iraqi's were on the street, protesting Iranian interference in Iraq. Iran is seeking dominance in that part of the world. There are also protests in Lebanon about Iranian interference, and last but definitely, not least, massive protest's in Iran against the regime, which is being ruthlessly suppressed at the present time. So yes, there are a lot of Iranian, Lebanese and Iraqi people happy about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

I am from the west and i have a syrian refugee in a class with me. I know assad is an evil mass child killer. He used chemical weapons on his own people.

He castrated young boys then murdered them and sent their bodies back to their parents.

The arab spring at that time was a completely PEACEFUL movement ...the protestors in syria wanted human rights ...they released DOVES onto the streets during their protests. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT ASSAD DID!??

The town the protest took place in was Deraa. HE BOMBED THE ENTIRE TOWN TO THE GROUND...

It was after that ..freedom fighters got violent ...and yes some of them have connections to the US

But don't think for one moment Assad deserves to be alive let alone president.

People in syria were fighting for their lives.

It was ONLY after protests calling for the oppression of assads regime to be removed were brutally oppressed that things went to **** ...and yes its a cluster**** of factions etc.

You can't compare the west to the brutality of middle eastern dictatorships and what the people who live there have to live under.

So far as i know so far trump hasn't castrated any kids.

What a load of crap. Assad didn't use chemical weapons on his own people

https://youtu.be/IML3FpuLH_Q

Like most middle East dictators Assad is bad news as was Gidaffi. As is the Saudi head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Soleimani had a reputation for strategic thinking and preparation (among other things). I expect his death was factored in to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Soldiers fight but it is regimes that start and end wars. Which regime will suffer the most? Trumps family or the families of the Iranian regime?

That's it in a nut shell. If Donald Trump truly felt his family would suffer because of this, the strike would never have taken place. To some people in the Pentagon, Putin's senior generals could be seen as an equally malign force as Qasem Soleimani, but they are obviously off limits, because Russia is a major military force with nukes. Donald knows this action could very well lead to his re-election, and help keep his friend Bibi in power and out of jail.

What a load of crap. Assad didn't use chemical weapons on his own people

https://youtu.be/IML3FpuLH_Q

Like most middle East dictators Assad is bad news as was Gidaffi. As is the Saudi head.

he has used them three times..the saudi head while bad....is no where near as brutal as assad

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/05/201153185927813389.html

Hamza al-Khateeb 13 a boy from Darra was castrated while alive tortured some more then killed ..his body was then returned to his parents.

Assad then bombed Darra. The man is an inhuman demon.

You think the Trump's surviving is ok for 2k people to die, your drinking the cool aid.

he has used them three times..the saudi head while bad....is no where near as brutal as assad

Show your proof? The report has been debunked.

I'll agree completely with you if you show me proof it was Assad.

You think the Trump's surviving is ok for 2k people to die, your drinking the cool aid.

I never said that. I said the consequences for trump are far far less than the consequences for the Iranian regime in the event of a war. This is why the Iranians will avoid war. They are not going to start a war over one guy, not that guy anyway.

Show your proof? The report has been debunked.

I'll agree completely with you if you show me proof it was Assad.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...927813389.html

Hamza al-Khateeb 13 a boy from Darra was castrated while alive tortured some more then killed ..his body was then returned to his parents.

Assad then bombed Darra. The man is an inhuman demon.

He has done this to many other children. Their crime was to peacefully protest in the arab spring.

Its weird its like people in Ireland have no clue when it comes to the middle east.
    In August 2016, reports by the United Nations and the OPCW explicitly blamed the Syrian military of Bashar al-Assad for dropping chemical weapons (chlorine bombs) on the towns of Talmenes in April 2014 and Sarmin and Qmenas in March 2015

Defectors from the Syrian army have testified they are being used to Turkish media.
    In January 2013, US State Department cables showed a US investigation had found evidence that the Syrian military had used a chemical weapon on 23 December 2012, which was the first time an official investigation documented chemical weapon use in the conflict.[141] On 4 June, the French foreign minister Laurent Fabius similarly declared certainty that the Syrian government had used sarin on multiple instances

Its not ONE report there are several corroborating pieces of evidence.

There are several witnesses.

There is too much evidence to deny it.

Everyone knows this.

Its why Obama ordered a strike.

Even Russia now admits they were making LOTS of chemical weapons in syria.

In fairness to trump he's following the same agenda in a long line of American presidents. The pentagon and department of defense set this agenda. Then with war mongers such as pompeo one shouldn't be surprised. Let there be no mistake about this, the democrats will be delighted. They won't impeach trump for international terrorism. Bloody hypocrites.
    They won't get the majority in both houses to impeach him no matter what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I never said that. I said the consequences for trump are far far less than the consequences for the Iranian regime in the event of a war. This is why the Iranians will avoid war. They are not going to start a war over one guy, not that guy anyway.

I wouldn't be too sure.

If I was a general and I saw another general being targeted for assassination like that..............I might be inclined to send my soldiers out rather than give the impression that generals can be assassinated without consequences.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What will likely happen is they will attempt to kill American Soliders and hope that is enough to satisfy a domestic audience and not risk all out war, as Iran knows a war with America ensures the end of the Iranian Regime.
    The US is hoping this will be sufficient provocation for Iran to blockade the gulf of Oman and begin military build-up along its western borders.

They will be joined by anti-US interests from Afghanistan and Pakistan, including former Al-Queda & ISIS cells.

This will be more than enough justification for the US to send troops to the region under the auspices of protecting energy supplies.

It's possible too that Putin will eye up an invasion of Georgia and potentially Azerbaijan under the pretence of protecting Russia from attack from the south. Realistically doing it because Iran will be too stretched on its west coast to offer any assistance to those countries.

I suspect Iranian intelligence know considerably more than I do :D but this is about the right time for them to retaliate by proxy; drag Saudi and the UAE into this fight by attacking them directly. Don't target US troops or US facilities; target their allies.
    While it seems unlikely, if I was an expat in Dubai right now, I'd be making plans to get home ASAP.

• Advertisement

People in the west are asleep when it comes to assad vogue even put his wife in their magazine. SHe is married to a mass murderer for christs sake.

They got rid of all the issues or tried to ..

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/01/the-only-remaining-online-copy-of-vogues-asma-al-assad-profile/250753/
    British roots, wears designer fashion, worked for years in banking, and is married to the dictator Bashar al-Assad, whose regime has killed over 5,000 civilians and hundreds of children this year.

Obviously vogue was off their ****ing heads.

Advertisement