Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Why does every discussion on the US have to go down to childish dismissive terminology such are 'triggered'. Are you 'triggered'?
    Criticising Trump for what he did is 'SJW'? It's a really poor over used catch all. Answer to the crticism or do not.

There's a fella I know whos like that. He never had an interest in politics in his life. He probably couldn't tell ya who the tanaiste is now .But since the American elections in 2016 , he's non stop putting up dumb stuff on Facebook . Obama memes , posting stuff about Hillary or killary as he now calls her . Hes made himself a laughing stock. I've pulled him up on a few things that are bullshxt that he posts , he starts calling me a libtard, snowflake, leftie. If you don't like trump, you're a pussy libtrad etc. No, I don't like trump because I think he's a conman and an narracist, whose only in his position as " successful business man" not through his own genius but with his father's money . So as I can gather from this thread , the fella that I know isnt the only idiot in the village .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

charlie14 wrote: »
    America, as I`ve shown you acted as a rogue state in 1953 when they overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and installed their own vicious puppet.
    The again acted as a rogue state in 1988 being complicate in the use of never gas to kill 7,500 Iranians.
    When did the US stop being a rogue state?

How would you classify a state whose leader condemns ISIS for the destruction of items of cultural heritage when he is now threatening to do the same ?

As bad of as some elements of American foreign policy were in the past, they have gone completely rogue under this present headcase.

In the 50s they were trying to stop the insidious spread of communism across the globe. The ends (the survival of western civilization) more than justified the means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

pearcider wrote: »
    Iran is thousands of mile from Israel sure they only support the Palestinians as a distraction from their own horrific internal politics which basically revolves around glorifying the great ayatollah and all his minion clerics. It’s an evil regime and you are supporting it.

Uh huh

Have you ever checked the list of all the countries the US has meddled or regime changed in?

It's quite the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

Uh huh

Have you ever checked the list of all the countries the US has meddled or regime changed in?

It's quite the list...

Those dictators (incl the Shah in Iran) were all put there in the name of democracy, you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

They were voting to tell the State's representatives who to vote for in the Presidential election. Not quite the same thing. Federalism at work.

Not democracy though. And the names on the ticket remain the same if you ditch the college system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

In the 50s they were trying to stop the insidious spread of communism across the globe. The ends (the survival of western civilization) more than justified the means.

That really worked out well for them in Vietnam.
    Work well in Cambodia to where due to their meddling the Khmer Rouge came to power and slaughtered half the population 1975-1979 until irony of all ironies the Vietnamese put a stop to it.

The objectives of the US are not ensuring the safety of western civilization. Their objectives have always been cheap oil by means of military might.
    It is endangering western civilization..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Zavi13 wrote: »
    I am hoping the Iranian military and IRGC are making progress in drawing up their list of legitimate targets in responding to the murder of Gen. Solemaini. A few options crossed my own mind - First of all there are the US embassies and consulates in the region, always a nest of CIA vipers who are usually up to no good. There are many US corporations with a large presence in the region e.g. ExxonMobil, Haliburton etc. and the mercenaries/contractors they hire to protect their executives, again a completely legit target as they are agents of US imperialism too. It is more difficult to successfully target the US military directly given the sheer firepower they possess, but asymmetric attacks by allied militias in Afghanistan and Iraq could impose a significant death toll.The US clients in Saudi and Israel can't expect to get off scot-free either as they're been encouraging this sort of attack. US targets in Europe, Africa and Latin America may prove more vulnerable so Iran and allies may wish to expand the scope of their operations. China may also wish to show solidaity with Iran by moving some of their naval assets into the Gulf Region, some are based nearby at the Pakistani port of Gwadar, so it wouldn't take too long either.

Iran raised a red flag over the Mosque, did some reading its an order to arms a war is coming. Everything taking place right now suggests Iran will strike the US military in the region. The only unknown is how large the attack will be and where it will take place. One place is a certainty in my view, Iraq.  Iran is using the funeral to boost support at home for an attack. That why nothing developed yet. Once its over it can take place. The people are out on streets calling for revenge. It different this time Iran was willing to take minimal losses before and not start a war. Killing this general has opened a new chapter of retaliations that are about to begin. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where's the missiles.

The big bad missiles prepped for launching from inside spectre secret lair's

Interest g development, an Iranian presidential advise has posted a bunch of images of Trumps properties around the globe. It's doubly interesting as it was basically Trump, and not the US (Congress were not informed it seems) did just commit an act of war against them.

It’s all built in American ingenuity. Berners lee is an MIT head anyway. Most of the modern world was invented there and in Bell Labs. It certainly wasn’t invented in Tehran.

He wasn’t at MIT when he developed the web - he was at CERN. He subsequently went to MIT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Ruhani just raised Trump. I see your 52 and raise you 290.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Fonny122 wrote: »
    Interest g development, an Iranian presidential advise has posted a bunch of images of Trumps properties around the globe. It's doubly interesting as it was basically Trump, and not the US (Congress were not informed it seems) did just commit an act of war against them.

Sure we had a poster on here the other day saying it would be great to see Trump property attacked. Mad stuff altogether.

Uh huh

It's quite the list...

Pinochet in Chile being a particular beauty.
    Another CIA appointee and a nasty little monster particularly well looked after by Bush the elder when Director of the CIA and later as president of the US.

KWAG2019 wrote: »

Actual quote
    Those who refer to the number 52 should also remember the number 290. #IR655
    Never threaten the Iranian nation.

290 is targets Iran has picked out. I never thought we see 2003 stupidness again, but here we are!

https://twitter.com/HassanRouhani/status/1214236608196685824

Sure we had a poster on here the other day saying it would be great to see Trump property attacked. Mad stuff altogether.

Yeah well he kinda made them take the gloves off with that cowardly and foolish assassination, he's a fcuking idiot

And the reason Iran builds its own missiles, looks like the US and Co. had no problem with them chemical attacks...

Given the chemicals were bought from the US and co - you’d have to say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Fairly sure that targeting of "cultural" sites is against whatever international law covers the issue.

alastair wrote: »
    Given the chemicals were bought from the US and co - you’d have to say so.

Ah bless them, they must have had a change of heart later on..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

KWAG2019 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1214239542301143042?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

290 is targets Iran has picked out.

Comic stuff ,

Trump just wiped out the biggest player in the middle East ,

We've picked out 290 targets well Johnny jihadi how many of the 290 supposed targets can actually hit before you end up nothing more than a hand in a cardboard box flown home in an economy seat

• Advertisement

Yeah well he kinda made them take the gloves off with that cowardly and foolish assassination, he's a fcuking idiot

Yeah your right the Iranians are angels and Suleimani should have been left to continue to murder innocent people.

Is that not how it goes when you mimic mafia tactics.
    You take out a major player of ours then we do the same and youre major player is a target.?

Admittedly no American president has been killed by a drone strike, but quite a frw have been shot over the years.

Gatling wrote: »
    Comic stuff ,

We've picked out 290 targets well Johnny jihadi how many of the 290 supposed targets can actually hit before you end up nothing more than a hand in a cardboard box flown home in an economy seat

This stuff really riles you up doesn't it, brings out your inner Rambo, thats awful tough talk like something from a script...

Gatling wrote: »
    Comic stuff ,

Iran is well capable of causing years of grief for the US, and it’s unfettered by public opinion being a theocracy. You’d have to be pretty blinkered to not acknowledge that reality. So far they’ve managed to reassert their primarily influence over Iraq, and compromise whatever scraps of influence the US has in Syria, so they’re already undermining US interests.

Its real possibility Iran has hundreds of sleeper cells in US and Europe. If the US hit Iran cities and culture sites, then we may see events happening here?

Trump lunacy will result in more damage. I still don't understand what actually happened to make Trump so mad. His plan was not get involved in new middle east war, now he all in. I thought he was doing well standing up to neocons for a while.I guess the finally got to him.

I've actually come to the conclusion some people would be happy if the Iranians are stupid enough to attack and kill innocent westerner's in an attack by their proxies so they say "see told you so, orange man bad" etc...

The same clowns would be crying out for American intervention if Iran got nuclear missiles and threatened Europe.

Yeah your right the Iranians are angels and Suleimani should have been left to continue to murder innocent people.

It’s not a nil sum game. Trump is demonstrably an idiot, and this whole escalation has produced nothing but downsides for the US so far.

This stuff really roils you doesn't it, brings out your inner rambo thats awful tough talk like something from a script...
    I think he's just trying to push the post count beyond needing to be correct by many for literally not knowing Blackwater still exist under a name name, despite thinking of himself as some kind of military expert. :pac:

Its real possibility Iran has hundreds of sleeper cells in US and Europe. If the US hit Iran cities and culture sites, then we may see events happening here?

Trump lunacy will result in more damage. I still don't understand what actually happened to make Trump so mad. His plan was not get involved in new middle east war, now he all in. I thought he was doing well standing up to neocons for a while.I guess the finally got to him.

Probably Bibi in his ear, Bibi is the greatest president the US public has ever had..

• Advertisement

I've actually come to the conclusion some people would be happy if the Iranians are stupid enough to attack and kill innocent westerner's in an attack by their proxies so they say "see told you so, orange man bad" etc...

The same clowns would be crying out for American intervention if Iran got nuclear missiles and threatened Europe.

What exactly would the Iranians be threatening Europe with nukes for? Are Israel, India, or Pakistan?

Advertisement