Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You could be easily talking about the assassination of Soleimani.
    What are you talking about? Trump did not declare war on Iran (even though Iran has been waging a low level war against the US for decades). 600 dead US servicemen against 2 evil individuals looks like a lackluster response by Trump in a way. But at least hundreds or thousands will likely be saved with their demise.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Has Israel ever let the IAEA inspects its military facilities. Didn't Bibi have a slip of the tongue yesterday that they are a nuclear power?
    Is there some deal with the IAEA that I'm not aware of? Last I heard Israel had not signed onto the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) as a non-nuclear-weapon state which would have put all of its nuclear sites under comprehensive IAEA safeguards.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Some of the posts / posters on this thread are hilarious !!

Seething anti 'murica shining through .

Someone inform the Whitehouse that Iran's revenge has started on boards.ie !!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

So what happens now? Iran are really backed into a corner here, if they respond right away America will hit back at them ten times harder and bomb cultural sites ( I wouldn’t put it past Trump to follow through on that) and kill more of their leaders, the iranians know this however they have their entire population willing them to retaliate, they will completely lose face if they sit on their hands and just take it.

I suspect they would prefer to play the long game when this has faded a bit and trump is out office and hit at him directly but their people are out for immediate revenge. The Reality is they can’t hurt the usa, not militarily anyway.

So what happens now? Iran are really backed into a corner here, if they respond right away America will hit back at them ten times harder and bomb cultural sites ( I wouldn’t put it past Trump to follow through on that) and kill more of their leaders, the iranians know this however they have their entire population willing them to retaliate, they will completely lose face if they sit on their hands and just take it.

I suspect they would prefer to play the long game when this has faded a bit and trump is out office and hit at him directly but their people are out for immediate revenge. The Reality is they can’t hurt the usa, not militarily anyway.
    Trump saying he'd hit cultural sites was stupid on his part. And knowing the way he exaggerates almost everything I highly doubt you would see cultural sites being hit. So what happens next? I think things will just keep going on the way they have been in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

Hail to The Sheep etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

They are nothing more than thieves. Trying to rob oil from other countries.

They are still going mad that Iran fcuked BP out all those years ago.

US forces inform Iraq they are making arrangements to withdraw.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

pablo128 wrote: »

They are still going mad that Iran fcuked BP out all those years ago.

America is going mad because Iran fcked out a British company years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

KWAG2019 wrote: »

Good

• Advertisement

BBC IRAN. Quoting AFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

notobtuse wrote: »
    Is there some deal with the IAEA that I'm not aware of? Last I heard Israel had not signed onto the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) as a non-nuclear-weapon state which would have put all of its nuclear sites under comprehensive IAEA safeguards.

Oh so you really believe Israel is a non nuclear state. It's an open secret that Israel has nuclear weapons- even their own prime minister in a slip of the tongue acknowledged it yesterday.

Iranian official tweets link to article with list of Trump properties worldwide.
    More Sabre rattling or have we just moved to the front line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Obviously somethings rattled them, maybe they've realised they went too far with this scumbag move

Oh so you really believe Israel is a non nuclear state. It's an open secret that Israel has nuclear weapons- even their own prime minister in a slip of the tongue acknowledged it yesterday.
    No, I was merely commenting on a post. I think they have about 80 nukes.

Iranian official tweets link to article with list of Trump properties worldwide.

Burn flags , scream death to America repeat over over and keep repeating for several decades and repeat again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Gatling wrote: »
    America is going mad because Iran fcked out a British company years ago

Iran attempted to take control of their own oil, but the Americans in league with the British sponsored a coup to overthrow the democratic elected government of Iran and installed the Shah, an American puppet that resulted in America gaining control of Iran`s oil.

Its really just very basic recent history that anyone with the vaguest knowledge or interest of the middle east should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Three months after the deal was made Iran launched a ballistic missile test, in violation of the agreement. In 2016 Iran violated the terms of the nuclear deal as well as UN resolutions three times, and German intelligence believed that Iran was attempting to acquire technology that could be used for its military nuclear program. Also in 2016, the IAEA reported that Iran had, for the second time, exceeded a soft limit on sensitive material under the nuclear deal.

Abiding? No so much.

The missile launch was not determined to be in contravention of the deal, and the IAEA are clear that Iran WAS abiding with the deal as of their lost recent report.
    But while these recent tests were provocative and drew the ire and concern of much of the world, the White House was careful not to declare these an outright violation the agreement. The Russians were similarly quick to point out that the new UN language only “called on” Iran to cease ballistic missile activity, but did not demand it. Iran, meanwhile, remained steadfast in its position that its missile activity was not covered by the nuclear agreement, and would continue as part of its legitimate defense policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

J Mysterio wrote: »

Trump will claim there was more at his inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Is Doonbeg on it?

• Advertisement

Hizbolla can hold off Israeli forces short term , but Israel usually learns how to counter threat's quickly ,
    We got told the last time Israel went up against hizbolla wiped out Israeli forces and destroyed hundreds of tanks and vehicles ,
    Turned out a handful of Israeli tanks were damaged and most returned to service in weeks,
    And alot of the kornet missiles given to hizbolla via Russia via Iran were duds ,
    If Israel went all out they would be on the beaches of Gaza in week's ,
    Iraq will eventually blow up in Iran's faces they were responsible for butchering thousands of Iraqis I some how doubt all those families see Iran or their forces as their saviours ,Muqtada al-Sadr is a prime example a gangster during Saddam's time and now an Iranian puppet but can he be trusted to tow the Iranian line ,he's got he's own loyal army in the 150,000 + , proxies can only get you so far before you have to become the invader and occupiers after decrying yank occupation ,

This notion that if America pulled out Iran and russia will will pump the tens of not hundreds or thousands of troops to the middle East ,they suffered bigger casualties than America did in Afghanistan and suffered similar large casualties in the Chechen wars , even in eastern Ukraine they suffered more casualties than America did in ten years in Iraq,
    Russia won't be doing anything other the limited small scale interested interventions,

There’s no need for tens of thousands of troops. Even the US has only a few thousand deployed. But the void of US influence in Iraq will definitely be filled by Iran and Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Well a lot of Trump's inner circle and Trump himself stay at those places from time to time.

So I would imagine Iran will be interested in those places if they are going to hunt him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

No need. Sure we all know that Israel has no nuclear weapons.:rolleyes:

charlie14 wrote: »
    Iran attempted to take control of their own oil,

But mostly lost out thanks to clever accounting which left the Iran cut of oil profits hidden away then given a smaller piece of the pie .
    Amazing they allowed a shell company to set up in Europe which blocked Iranians servicing on the boards and a total block on Iran checking the books

Pretty basic stuff

Burn flags , scream death to America repeat over over and keep repeating for several decades and repeat again

But I thought one singular Iranian was responsible for 600 US deaths? Seems like there’s a few contradictions in the party line.

alastair wrote: »
    The missile launch was not determined to be in contravention of the deal, and the IAEA are clear that Iran WAS abiding with the deal as of their lost recent report.
    Because Iran 'claimed' the ballistic missile used in the numerous tests couldn’t carry nuclear weapons? They were able to reach Israel. Yet a month later a senior IRGC figure threatened that “Iran could wipe out Israel in less than eight minutes if the order were given.” Use your brain, man.

Letter confirmed according to Twitter. Heavy aerial activity over Baghdad green zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

dresden8 wrote: »
    Trump will claim there was more at his inauguration.

It's quite possible that the sole reason Trump had him killed was that Obama wouldn't/didn't, much like Trumps tearing up the nuclear treaty.

Because Iran 'claimed' the ballistic missile used in the numerous tests couldn’t carry nuclear weapons? They were able to reach Israel. Yet a month later a senior IRGC figure threatened that “Iran could wipe out Israel in less than eight minutes if the order were given.” Use your brain, man.

Use your own brain - they don’t have any nuclear weapons - so they’re not wiping anyone out in eight minutes. And the US admitted that the test wasn’t in contravention, so you should really stop trying to flog a dead horse. They were abiding by the deal, according to the arbiter agreed by all sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Sky news confirming the letter exists for the US to withdraw based on the wishes of the Iraq Government.

Advertisement