Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

couple posts back you called the psychopathic Iranian murderer an alien, so how do we know his alien status without a green card?

you're the only one rambling and grasping at straws while posting links that speak of nothing related to the subject

Do you actually read anything that is posted ?

I didn`t call anyone an alien.

The US Supreme Court used the word to clarify that an alien (ie someone not a US citizen) is a person and as such is covered by that section of their constitution.

Who exactly do you think the US Supreme Court were referring to when the used "alien", some extra terrestrials ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

In some ways yes, in other ways no, I think the leadership of Iran are far more level headed that's for sure, you basically have a knuckle head in charge of the US

The Iranians just wiped out according to some reports 1500 of their own for protesting, level headed. Come on now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Iranian_protests

You are embarrassing yourself now.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    That was 75 years ago!

They're not calling it anything because they're mostly dead.

Yeah they are dead. God man/woman yourself.

The Iranians shut down the internet in Iran on the eve of those protests btw because they are level headed.

Orange man bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yeah i think the vast majority of europeans and the 2 plus million Jews, gypsies and homosexuals rescued from concentration camps at the end of WW2 wouldn't be calling it propaganda.

I’m sure they were grateful to the Soviet army too, given that they liberated most of the concentration camps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Well you threw a load of words together accusing someone who doesnt agree with you of being a troll. By all means argue your point and rebuff mine but don't be accusing someone of trolling because they have a different point of view from yourself.

You are better than that, im sure of it.

You see this is where you let yourself down, i don't agree or disagree with you, i come on to read this thread with an open mind willing to be swayed either way by sensible discussion, point me to any of my posts where i condemn or condone the actions of the US or Iran, you're in a loop of argumentative nonsense and it's ruining what could be very informative debate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

alastair wrote: »
    Thing is - there’s nothing to suggest any imminent threat to US personnel. And where exactly are you basing this 600 deaths figure on? What connects the man to them?
    So now you're a member of the DoD, eh? You have all the secret intel, eh? Well, lets have it.

Soleimani was the man behind the deadly Improvised Explosive Devices (IED’s) that caused the death of more than 600 American soldiers and wounded many more.

https://www.wrbl.com/top-stories/soleimanis-ieds-killed-more-than-600-american-soldiers-wounded-many-more/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Iranians shut down the internet in Iran on the eve of those protests btw because they are level headed.

Orange man bad.

Yes, the orange man is doing a stand up job when his supporters need compare him to Iran to show how great he is ;)
    As I say, Trump has more pals in China, Russia and N. Korea than on the Democratic sides of his own government. He's lucky the McCarthy trials are no longer happening he'd likely be hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Would you suggest Iran is a more civilised country?

Whether or not Iran is a more civilised country I can't answer in a few minutes,
    I would prefer to conduct some research first.

I try to avoid pinning my colours to any mast without knowing why I'm doing so.

My position is that US aggression, at this time, is calculated to achieve a certain response and not spontaneously initiated as a self-defending act.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    So now you're a member of the DoD, eh? You have all the secret intel, eh? Well, lets have it.

Soleimani was the man behind the deadly Improvised Explosive Devices (IED’s) that caused the death of more than 600 American soldiers and wounded many more.

https://www.wrbl.com/top-stories/soleimanis-ieds-killed-more-than-600-american-soldiers-wounded-many-more/

I have the same information that everyone else has, courtesy of the NYT getting the inside story from their sources.

And no - Iranian IEDs didn’t kill 600 American soldiers. The DoD made no such claims. Care to try again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

The Iranians just wiped out according to some reports 1500 of their own for protesting, level headed. Come on now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Iranian_protests

You are embarrassing yourself now.

Aye because the US never meddled in anyone's affairs, I'm posting this list again just to let it sink in, looks like we can add Venezuela and Iran to that list again

China 1949 to early 1960s
    Albania 1949-53
    East Germany 1950s
    Iran 1953 *
    Guatemala 1954 *
    Costa Rica mid-1950s
    Syria 1956-7
    Egypt 1957
    Indonesia 1957-8
    British Guiana 1953-64 *
    Iraq 1963 *
    North Vietnam 1945-73
    Cambodia 1955-70 *
    Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
    Ecuador 1960-63 *
    Congo 1960 *
    France 1965
    Brazil 1962-64 *
    Dominican Republic 1963 *
    Cuba 1959 to present
    Bolivia 1964 *
    Indonesia 1965 *
    Ghana 1966 *
    Chile 1964-73 *
    Greece 1967 *
    Costa Rica 1970-71
    Bolivia 1971 *
    Australia 1973-75 *
    Angola 1975, 1980s
    Zaire 1975
    Portugal 1974-76 *
    Jamaica 1976-80 *
    Seychelles 1979-81
    Chad 1981-82 *
    Grenada 1983 *
    South Yemen 1982-84
    Suriname 1982-84
    Fiji 1987 *
    Libya 1980s
    Nicaragua 1981-90 *
    Panama 1989 *
    Bulgaria 1990 *
    Albania 1991 *
    Iraq 1991
    Afghanistan 1980s *
    Somalia 1993
    Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
    Ecuador 2000 *
    Afghanistan 2001 *
    Venezuela 2002 *
    Iraq 2003 *
    Haiti 2004 *
    Somalia 2007 to present
    Libya 2011*
    Syria 2012

My my haven't they been busy, wonder how many deaths in total and dictators installed resulted out of all this... Don't try an paint the US as some kinda good guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Yeah they are dead. God man/woman yourself.

Ah, I understand it all very clearly now.

I came into this late but that post helped me understand a lot about you.

I'll be moving on swiftly.

You see this is where you let yourself down, i don't agree or disagree with you, i come on to read this thread with an open mind willing to be swayed either way by sensible discussion, point me to any of my posts where i condemn or condone the actions of the US or Iran, you're in a loop of argumentative nonsense and it's ruining what could be very informative debate

No you accused me of trolling. It's my arguement if you don't like it then debate it.

I thought you might have been better than that, you are letting yourself down tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

charlie14 wrote: »
    Do you actually read anything that is posted ?

I didn`t call anyone an alien.

Do you actually read anything? check the quote on post 1844

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whether or not Iran is a more civilised country I can't answer in a few minutes,
    I would prefer to conduct some research first.

I try to avoid pinning my colours to any mast without knowing why I'm doing so.

My position is that US aggression, at this time, is calculated to achieve a certain response and not spontaneously initiated as a self-defending act.

calculated by who? certainly not calculated by trump.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Ah, I understand it all very clearly now.

I came into this late but that post helped me understand a lot about you.

I'll be moving on swiftly.

How convenient

It was, Chuck posted a link a couple posts back referring to that subject

I’m seeing nothing. Care to repost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Could you imagine what would happen to Trump if it was learned there was an imminent threat to US personnel and he did nothing? I’d imagine a whole new impeachment inquiry by the Democrats would be undertaken claiming him unfit for duty.

The whole episode is crazy. A murderous thug with the death of some 600 US servicemen on his hands, and who was planning more mayhem, is taken out with a surgical strike and Trump is the bad guy. Trump Derangement Syndrome is sweeping the world.

Delighted trump did the job... it was said by more than a few that the man should’ve been taken out years ago... crazed lunatic.... no good for anyone... hence why Iran is still in the dark age with nut jobs like him controlling the place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No you accused me of trolling. It's my arguement if you don't like it then debate it.

I thought you might have been better than that, you are letting yourself down tbh. :(

I don't think you are trolling. I think you (and a few others) are simply ignorant and crude. Whether that's your fault or not is another matter, but as another poster stated, it would be great if you could rein it in a bit, as you have almost completely ruined what was once an interesting thread.

• Advertisement

Could you imagine what would happen to Trump if it was learned there was an imminent threat to US personnel and he did nothing? I’d imagine a whole new impeachment inquiry by the Democrats would be undertaken claiming him unfit for duty.

The whole episode is crazy. A murderous thug with the death of some 600 US servicemen on his hands, and who was planning more mayhem, is taken out with a surgical strike and Trump is the bad guy. Trump Derangement Syndrome is sweeping the world.

I believe a couple of the posters are sending their kids to Iran on the J1 visa.

Should be good crack out there.

We are going way off subject here but many will say the bombing of those cities saved more lives in the long run. I'm not sure of that myself but it is a worthwhile argument.

Just think what that means though . . .

. . . they killed civilians to save soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I’m sure they were grateful to the Soviet army too, given that they liberated most of the concentration camps.

What happened to the German POWS captured by the Russians? Nearly all of them were killed. Contrast that with how the yanks treated their POWS. Don’t even get me started on the Japanese. The US is on a different level to most nations morally speaking. They have been the greatest force for freedom that has ever existed.

Lefties always overplay the Russian involvement in fighting the Nazis. They lost huge amounts of soldiers because they weren’t trained or equipped and their leadership had been purged by Stalin. The Nazis would’ve wiped the floor with them if it wasn’t for US air campaign against Germany. They left wingers and communist sympathizers that shockingly populate Western Europe today can’t admit WW2 was won by American industry and ingenuity.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I don't think you are trolling. I think you (and a few others) are simply ignorant and crude. Whether that's your fault or not is another matter, but as another poster stated, it would be great if you could rein it in a bit, as you have almost completely ruined what was once an interesting thread.

Report button 🔳 if you are unable to debate.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No you accused me of trolling. It's my argument if you don't like it then debate it.
    So when are you going to debate the 'thousands' of Americans 'murdered' by Suleimani?

calculated by who? certainly not calculated by trump.

I believe they're referred to as "Hawks"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The sad thing is the constant shıtposting drags the better posters down to the same level. This makes it nigh on unreadable - cheap point scoring.

The US has always influenced our culture, but the spread of their left V right partisan nonsense to our shores is a real headache and boils serious, complex issues down to basic stuff, 'memeable content'. It's now a very serious problem in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I’m seeing nothing. Care to repost?

nope, use your own time to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I believe they're referred to as "Hawks"
    yeah that doesn't really answer the question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

LillySV wrote: »
    Delighted trump did the job... it was said by more than a few that the man should’ve been taken out years ago... crazed lunatic.... no good for anyone... hence why Iran is still in the dark age with nut jobs like him controlling the place

One unfortunate effect of Soleimani's assassination has been that the goal of the reformers has been pushed back significantly.

The Iranian people are now understandably uniting in defence of their nation, and both reformers and conservatives see a common enemy in the US. This strengthens the power of the regime.

A great opportunity for reform has been lost.

Advertisement