Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

says the person to lazy to go look for it

It’s not there, and I think we both know that’s the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

They don't need to be obliterated. Just kill the commanders and let the reformers win out.

Funeral was a perfect opportunity lost.

I don't think that is how it will play out now though...as Iranians see it, as much as they want and need change, that's between them and the mullah's. Killing one of their hero's will be taken personally by each Iranian, as an assault on Islam... ones man's Terrorist being another mans war Hero.....
    Trump just strengthened the mullahs hand. And set back any gains that the Iranian's might have made in reform....... can you see any mass protest's now advocating women's right to wear or not wear headscarves? Let alone even more important issue's? In fact can you see ANY protest now in Iran, by anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

US narrative not conclusive. During the insurgency, Shia and Sunni Iraq factions battled each other and Iranian firearms and explosive devices may have got supplied to Iraqi Shia groups to defend themselves. Once their weapons are supplied,  different groups receive them.

US politicians insist he was implicated in the murder of 600 US soldiers, least for me, that's complete rubbish,

I bet the Kurds see Soleimani differently; they often witnessed him in the foxholes with the Kurds when they were fighting ISIS for their own survival.  In my view, his came to help a race of people who deparately needed his help

"Iranian weapons may have " Don't be acting stupid Iran was front and center of Iraq insurgency they supplied men , equipment , explosives and mad mullahs to carry out hundreds of beheadings of Iraqis on a near nightly basis ,
    Let me guess it wasn't on twitter it's fake news Iran is responsible for the deaths of US and coalition troops in Iran the quds forces directly implicit in attacks,
    The Kurds so think differently he arrived to tell them hand over oil fields or else ,it was actually covered in a link a few pages back .

So tell us what happens when Iraqis eventully decide they don't want Iran to occupy their lands exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

alastair wrote: »
    It’s not there, and I think we both know that’s the case.

nice try at manipulation but im not your slave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

pearcider wrote: »
    What happened to the German POWS captured by the Russians? Nearly all of them were killed. Contrast that with how the yanks treated their POWS. Don’t even get me started on the Japanese. The US is on a different level to most nations morally speaking. They have been the greatest force for freedom that has ever existed.

Lefties always overplay the Russian involvement in fighting the Nazis. They lost huge amounts of soldiers because they weren’t trained or equipped and their leadership had been purged by Stalin. The Nazis would’ve wiped the floor with them if it wasn’t for US air campaign against Germany. They left wingers and communist sympathizers that shockingly populate Western Europe today can’t admit WW2 was won by American industry and ingenuity.

Japanese struck because the US was cutting of their vital supplies in the far east. I not inventing excuses for Japanese because they were expansionist and were hell-bent on plundering other countries' resources.  Still, we only get the western version Japanese struck them first, but lot was going on before the attack. 

It's well recognized now the Russians and US took many Nazis to their countries to work on secret projects ( read info on project paperclip) We talking hundreds of Nazis, maybe even thousands? So you not really informed if you think the United States and Russia arrested every Nazi and locked them up and threw away the key. 

20 million+ Russians died, more deaths than any other nation. Soviet union suffered greatly and its not overplay to claim the Soviets stopped the Nazi war machine. Millions of Nazi soldiers got bogged down in the Soviet Union and made it easier for the Allies to do D-Day. 

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    "Iranian weapons may have " Don't be acting stupid Iran was front and center of Iraq insurgency they supplied men , equipment , explosives and mad mullahs to carry out hundreds of beheadings of Iraqis on a near nightly basis ,

I think you’ll find that the Iranian-backed insurgents were fighting the head-choppers.

nice try at manipulation but im not your slave

No - you’re just someone who makes up sad stories about links that don’t exist.

I think you’ll find that the Iranian-backed insurgents were fighting the head-choppers.

Actually they were front and center of the insurgency targeting Iraqis and coalition forces ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

No - you’re just someone who makes up sad stories about links that don’t exist.

if you say so its there, go find it. here's a tip... this forum has a "search" function
    you're welcome

if you say so its there, go find it. here's a tip... this forum has a "search" function
    you're welcome

Check out some of the recent threads on direct provision for a few clangers

• Advertisement

Actually they were front and center of the insurgency targeting Iraqis and coalition forces ..

That’s what insurgents do. But they weren’t beheading people - that’s what the crowd they were fighting did.

you're welcome

Yeah, there’s no link. As you know. Search isn’t going to find what’s not there.

But they weren’t beheading people -

It's all well documented they were

Check out some of the recent threads on direct provision for a few clangers

Here to educate you Gatling. You’re welcome.

It's all well documented they were

Well throw some of that documentation up then, eh? You won’t because you’ve got it wrong once again.

Let me guess it wasn't on twitter it's fake news Iran is responsible for the deaths of US and coalition troops in Iran the quds forces directly implicit in attacks,
    The Kurds so think differently he arrived to tell them hand over oil fields or else ,it was actually covered in a link a few pages back .

So tell us what happens when Iraqis eventully decide they don't want Iran to occupy their lands exactly

Show us the intelligence then?
    I'm old enough to look back this was insurgency between the Shia and Sunni groups.
    Sunni groups at the time were challenging the establishment in Iraq who were Shia. The grievances were the current pre-war Iraqi government was discriminating against them.
    ISIS started off in the heartlands of Sunni Iraqi. Bagdadi was even a prisoner in Iraqi/ US Jail.
    Hundreds of beheadings done by Iraqi Shia groups- any chance of source for that claim?

Well throw some of that documentation up then,

I'm not here to do your homework for you , what's next a note from a parent making excuses for your lack of homework

I'm not here to do your homework for you , what's next a note from a parent making excuses for your lack of homework

Its your claim, not mine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

“So if you are looking for imminence you need look no further than the days that led up to the strike that was taken against Suleimani.”
    Pompeo.

Seems credible.

Meanwhile: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/qassem-soleimani-death-iran-baghdad-middle-east-iraq-saudi-arabia-a9272901.html

This is exactly the scenario I had thought it played out back at the start of the thread. He was lured by the US and possibly Saudis on false pretences to "peace talks" in order to nail down his exact location and carry out the strike. If that turns out to be true then members of the American administration and possibly Trump should be sitting in the Hague on war crimes charges, but that will never happen to the self appointed "good guys".

I'd take Suleimani over any of them any day.

You’re here to promote ill-informed opinions without any substance behind them. I’m clear on that. Just to re-iterate - you’re wrong once again, and have nothing but bluster to run with.

• Advertisement

I'm old enough to look back this was insurgency between the Shia and Sunni groups.

And what ,

Your over 12 means nothing it's like claiming Saudi attacked on 9/11 while saying the CIA blew up the twin towers with controlled explosions :0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No Gatling the head choppers are Sunnis with a hatred of Iran.
    Remember the old days when I used to argue with you in various Syria threads and you were a big supporter of the head choppers, don't tell me you can't remember.
    Ever hear of the 'Sunni triangle' and Fallujah gatling? Probably not but thats where the Americans suffered most of their casualties at the hands of Sunni extremists.

You’re here to promote ill-informed opinions .

It's all documented fact .

It you can't handle that maybe the school playground is more suitable for you

No Gatling the head choppers are Sunnis with a hatred of Iran.
    Remember the old days when I used to argue with you in various Syria threads and you were a big supporter of the head choppers, don't tell me you can't remember.
    Ever hear of the 'Sunni triangle' and Fallujah gatling? Probably not but thats where the Americans suffered most of their casualties at the hands of Sunni extremists.

Indeed - 5 out of 6 deaths according to the DoD.

None of this will register with the poor fellah though.

It's all documented fact .

It you can't handle that maybe the school playground is more suitable for you

It’s actually not. Which is the reason you can’t produce any evidence to support the ‘theory’.

Remember the old days when I used to

Post homoerotic comments about some old russian bloke , while promoting sputnik news as some kid credible factual news service

It’s actually not. Which is the reason you can’t produce any evidence

Prove me wrong so ..........

Oh wait actually you can't ahhh typical wait whats the claim if you can't see something if not there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

What I don't get is the primeval aggression these guys have whenever "The USA", or Jews are involved. To the point where 50 people were trampled to death yesterday.
    Not only Iranians but other people from that region.
    I watched a video of thousands of people from the Middle East marching to the American embassy in Ballsbridge a few years ago. You could see the hate in their eyes as they were shouting "USA you will pay" and "allah Akba". Very scary stuff. Lets hope nobody from Ireland steps out of line or pisses off that crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

USA USA !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

What I don't get is the primeval aggression these guys have whenever "The USA", or Jews are involved. To the point where 50 people were trampled to death yesterday.
    Not only Iranians but other people from that region.
    I watched a video of thousands of people from the Middle East marching to the American embassy in Ballsbridge a few years ago. You could see the hate in their eyes as they were shouting "USA you will pay" and "allah Akba". Very scary stuff. Lets hope nobody from Ireland steps out of line or pisses off that crowd.

You spend your life under attack from foreign invaders and see how calm you stay. You only have to look up the road to the north to see the anger it breeds. Half the people down here don't identify with them because they seem so pissed off all the time and they're the same gene pool as us.

Advertisement