Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

The Americans maximum pressure policy is working a charm. Iran on the back foot in a big way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Igotadose wrote: »
    Trump's admin doesn't report Drone strike results anymore. One of the first things he did when becoming President. Try again.

The joke shows exactly the kind of man Obama is. Killary Clinton would’ve been ten times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Igotadose wrote: »
    Trump's admin doesn't report Drone strike results anymore. One of the first things he did when becoming President. Try again.

Was not to report civilian casualties in certain countries .

All American drone strikes are currently reported any where they operate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

pearcider wrote: »
    My point is Trump ha shown a lot of restraint. People forget he canceled a massive air strike on Iran two months ago because he was concerned that the 100+ casualties the pentagon gave him as an estimate was too high and disproportionate.

Credit where it is due.

Iran has showed far more caution for years because Israel and US partners have bombed Iran proxy/ Syrian locations in Syria and Iraq for years. Last time i read 200+ airstrikes by Israel. Iran attack against Israel no documented event! Who really is the aggressor?

Iran only bombed a Saudi oilfield a few weeks back. Caution??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

The Americans maximum pressure policy is working a charm. Iran on the back foot in a big way now.

Yeah... They're so close to the negotiating table now and American troops are far safer after this incident...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The funeral is over...tomorrow is the start of yankee hunting season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,856 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »

So yes if you can't handle the fact America is not solely responsible for the worlds and people's personal woes may be it time to find a hobby or something

I can handle it. I, unlike you, don't have any issue condemning both America and Russia.

I, unlike you, don't have any issue condemning both America and Russia.

Dude are you on crack , for several years every chance you get you attack me ,
    You don't condem America yes i do and regularly have ive condemned Israel multiple times ,

And here is you coming along with why are you bringing up the past ,
    While shouting your mouth off America did this America did that ,

Come on now .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Jesus your lack of understanding of what occurred over the last few years in the middle east is breathtakingly stark.
    A simple YES or NO will do - are you going to provide evidence of the 'thousands' of Americans 'murdered' by the Iranians?
    You're the Middle East expert around here! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

are you going to provide evidence

Lol

Did you ever find that Ukrainian fighter that you claimed shot down flight MH-17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Lefties always overplay the Russian involvement in fighting the Nazis. They lost huge amounts of soldiers because they weren’t trained or equipped and their leadership had been purged by Stalin. The Nazis would’ve wiped the floor with them if it wasn’t for US air campaign against Germany. They left wingers and communist sympathizers that shockingly populate Western Europe today can’t admit WW2 was won by American industry and ingenuity.

What a pile of ahistorical bullsh1t.

Your arrogance is matched only by your ignorance and stupidity.

The first American bombing raid on Germany was January 27th 1943 when 64 planes bombed Wilhelmshaven.

At that stage the Russians had already won the battle of Moscow and were only a couple of weeks short of victory at Stalingrad. Two major German offensives beaten back, the Germans mounting smaller and more desperate offensives until they were finally smashed in Bagration in '44.

The Sovs inflicted 90% of casualties on the Germans throughout the war.

You guys are loons, that's forgivable, it's a mental disease.

Not researching and just making sh1t up, that's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

China will a key player in the coming war, it's very much in their interest to do all they can (in a covert manner) to ensure that any American attack on Iran turns into a debacle.
    Not only is Iran one of their key oil suppliers, but also an American disaster would be great for them on a wider level, given American meddling in their affairs regarding Hong Kong, Taiwan and the South China Sea.
    Not to mention the trade wars and American attempts to destroy the Chinese tech giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

My point is Trump ha shown a lot of restraint. People forget he canceled a massive air strike on Iran two months ago because he was concerned that the 100+ casualties the pentagon gave him as an estimate was too high and disproportionate.

Credit where it is due.

I don't equate threatening a strike and then cancelling it restraint. Saber rattling and posturing. He twice stated he would target Iranian sites of cultural importance. That's a nasty man.
    He's dangerous and not in the Maverick of Top Gun sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

Yeah... They're so close to the negotiating table now and American troops are far safer after this incident...
    And Trumps property in doonbeg means Ireland is safer now than it was a few days ago. Or... Something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Big weapons and big egos, what could possibly go wrong

Lol

Did you ever find that Ukrainian fighter that you claimed shot down flight MH-17
    How does this poster get away with trolling like this moderators?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Its your claim, not mine :cool:

Wasting your time.

There are a number of bluffers and spoofers on here that when challenged to back up their claims just stick their fingers in their ears and repeat ad nauseam "It was you said that not me" until like dealing with a hormone rampant adolescent you just lose the will to live.

How does this poster get away

Asking a question .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Feckin arguing away with each other, this stampede is a catastrophe if the nation wasn't already highly charged enough

• Advertisement

Asking a question .
    Trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

alastair wrote: »
    I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest nobody you saw heading out to Ballsbridge killed any cartoonists.

Yeah, maybe they meant some kind of financial transaction with their "USA, you will pay" chant. Hard to know really.

He twice stated he would target Iranian sites of cultural importance. That's a nasty man.
    He's dangerous

Maybe that's the whole idea ,he's not sabre rattling the way people are use to ,
    He's littrally sent a stark warning to Americas enemies **** me me and I'll **** you hard every which way most people would have never have imagined .

How do you counter that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Maybe that's the whole idea ,he's not sabre rattling the way people are use to ,
    He's littrally sent a stark warning to Americas enemies **** me me and I'll **** you hard every which way most people would have never have imagined .

How do you counter a dangerous moron who will use anything no matter how illegal it may be to get re-elected ?

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

President bone spurs , what a hero .

Iran kills 1500 of its own people because they protested.... Boards.ie silence

America kills Iranian terrorist.... Boards.ie President Trump worse than Hitler etc...

Leftie logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I see Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Tehran) is now giving Iran military advice and suggesting it could target Trump hotels worldwide. Well past time for this ignoramus of a US Congresswoman to be tried for treason.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Afghanistan produced something like 60% of the world fruit at the time

That's an impressive proportion.

Therefore all the other nations produced "something like" 40% of the "world fruit" at the time.

Quantum physics? Dark matter? Poopy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Iran kills 1500 of its own people because they protested.... Boards.ie silence

America kills Iranian terrorist.... Boards.ie President Trump worse than Hitler etc...

Leftie logic.

Sweetheart im actually more right than left and I still don't think political persuasion matters when someone does something stupid, says stupid things and suggests crimes against humanity and culture and thinks its a justifiably way to portray the wishes of the people.

Leftism and rightist ideals have nothing to do with the debate.

Yourself and gatling are gun ho on death and destruction, in some ways for all the readers know you're the same person running off two different ip addresses.

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »

Yourself and gatling are gun ho on death and destruction, in some ways for all the readers know you're the same person running off two different ip addresses.

That's a new one ,

Irish people on boards cry me a River of faux tears and snowflakes

Show me where I'm gung ho on death and destruction I get the feeling your bateing them keys for a little attention

Advertisement