Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Gatling wrote: »
    That's a new one ,

Irish people on boards cry me a River of faux tears and snowflakes

Show me where I'm gung ho on death and destruction I get the feeling your bateing them keys for a little attention

Im not baiting the posters for attention at all, I just call a spade a spade.

I don't want to start copying and pasting your content here because you seem to be letting a lot of the other posters questions and logic fly over your head and ignore valid points and you're constantly missing their points.

But that's ok if you're hell bent on mercia being the be all and end all you're entitled to your opinion.

Calling irish people snowflakes etc is not really cool to be honest.
    But carry on regardless yeah...

pearcider wrote: »
    Trump has been remarkably restrained. Obama remains the drone king with the high score of well over 500 but the orange man bad brigade have short memories.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4

How progressive!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

Even the most cursory search on the Internet proves that's horse****. Trump administration authorised 20% more drone strikes than Obama administration, before he stopped reporting them...... except that was in 2 years vs 8 years. If you were to extrapolate that out to two full terms at the same rate (seeing as your maths is obviously poxy) that would equate to 11,000 for trump versus 1850 for Obama.

Who's the drone king again?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nthclare wrote: »

Like Manning up and taking it on the chin .

Wait what !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I don't want to start copying and pasting your content here because you seem to be letting a lot of the other posters questions and logic fly over your head and ignore valid points and you're constantly missing their points.

But that's ok if you're hell bent on mercia being the be all and end all you're entitled to your opinion.

You're wasting your time with them , I'm starting to feel more stupid reading their posts . You should know by now you can't have an adult debate with a trump supporter , it's like trying to teach a donkey how to play a guitar.

You should know by now you can't have an adult debate with a trump supporter , it

Who's a trump supporter ,

telling lies.?

Or just maybe if people trying gain a reaction in the hope a mod closes the discussion maybe because you don't like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

Sweetheart im actually more right than left.

Doesn't matter. You criticised The Leader and so you are an enemy of the people and must be identified as such at every angle. You are subversive and a threat whose reputation must be attacked at every opportunity, even if that opportunity cannot be reached logically as seen here.

Welcome to Trumpism.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What are the chances of a conspiracy to take Trump out?

The man is very unstable...I wouldn’t at all be surprised if an assassination plot wasn’t being thought of...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

All forced to wear black and huddle together. While men are free to wear what they choose. I don’t know what’s more heartbreaking. That women are still forced to live like that in the 21st century. Or that people like you who grew up in the western world see nothing wrong with it.

I see your story has shifted anyway. So there’s that.

Jesus your lack of understanding of what occurred over the last few years in the middle east is breathtakingly stark.

I’m happy I know rather more about what’s been going on than yourself.

How does this poster get away with trolling like this moderators?

They've accused me of having multiple accounts a few times on this thread when they were no longer able to defend their position. I'm not sure if these were acted on by the moderators, but at least one instance was reported.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »

The man is very unstable...I wouldn’t at all be surprised if an assassination plot wasn’t being thought of...

Wouldn't the smartest thing to post on a public forum .

Probably plenty of threats made that we will never likely hear about

I would say next to nil (at least in terms of plausible attempts). Much like Raegan second term when his brain was turned to mush, there are too many people able to make huge personal gain by having access to one so easily manipulated that I'm sure he's incredibly protected - even by US presidential standards.

Trump has been remarkably restrained. Obama remains the drone king with the high score of well over 500 but the orange man bad brigade have short memories.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4

How progressive!

Yeaah, about that:
    During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes.

And then Trump revoked the Obama era measure on reporting drone strikes, so the figure since then is uncertain. That’s convenient, isn’t it?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Maybe they were keeping him in office in order to bring about this exact situation?

Some of them may favour confrontation with Iran and if it goes pear shaped they can sanitise themselves by disassociating themselves from Trump when he leaves office.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

alastair wrote: »
    We?

Vietnam? Korea? Afghanistan?

“We.” Look at my location.

Vietnam and Korea both turned out not to require US (or Chinese/Soviet in Vietnam’s case) for internal security shortly after their wars. They sorted themselves out as Iraq has not.

Afghanistan also is a failing nation state, but Americans don’t really blame them for that. The country historically has just been tribal. That said, there does seem to be acceptance that an end plan needs to involve the Taliban, and we’re talking with them. There seems to be more acceptance of the military commitment until that happens. What other negotiations need to happen in Iraq?

Mean nothing if you can't get off from air carrier ships and fly from bases. Saddam had no capacity to strike outside his border. Iran fires missiles at US bases a lot of the aircraft are getting taken out.

No your wrong ,

The Iranian threat is very much over stated they don't possess peer 2 peer weapons and capabilities ,
    Do you think American airforce bases aren't heavily definitely with multiple layers of protection and still have the ability to hit back any where in the world from America Never mind Carrier groups and landbases in multiple countries ,

Lets look at the Saudi Aramco attack multiple drones and missles were used most got intercepted by a less than stellar patriot system , causing a fire at an oil production facility isn't exactly difficult a few hand grenades could do the same amount of damage ,
    But attacking a heavily defended military base isn't so easy sorry but it's not ,

No point posting a video showing some supposed secret bunker in a mountain means absolutely nothing look at them big rockets I bet they can hit anything anywhere ,but them shiny tubes are more than likely just that empty tubes Painted to look all shiny and new ,

Welcome to propaganda videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Had a wet dream did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I knew looking at the pictures yesterday that there had to be deaths in the crowd. 50 dead and more injured. It’s awful.

Yo try stop the Obamasites and the Trumpists handbagging What do people think will be the course of action the supreme leader will take (Not Trump!!!) now that the days of mourning are gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

You're wasting your time with them , I'm starting to feel more stupid reading their posts . You should know by now you can't have an adult debate with a trump supporter , it's like trying to teach a donkey how to play a guitar.

Completely agree, there's 4 posters there that everyone should put on ignore for the sake of the thread. They pick one line out of 3 paragraphs to attack out of context, ignore basic facts, never provide a single link to back up their claims. Typical of the type of people you're dealing.

threeball wrote: »
    basic facts,

Basic how predictable.

No idea who you could possibly be referring to though. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

jarvis wrote: »
    What do people think will be the course of action the supreme leader will take (Not Trump!!!) now that the days of mourning are gone?

I hope they measure it in such a way that the US can keep the retaliation low level. Both sides need a way out of this, but it will have to be finely calibrated.

Ideally in a situation like this, there would be back channel communications. But that probably isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I hope they measure it in such a way that the US can keep the retaliation low level. Both sides need a way out of this, but it will have to be finely calibrated.

Ideally in a situation like this, there would be back channel communications. But that probably isn't the case.

How can you back channel with a country who used the back channels to locate and assassinate your no.2 guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Listening to Trump, he really is relishing the thoughts of wielding all this god like power. His rhetoric is vile!

What do people think will be the course of action the supreme leader will take (Not Trump!!!) now that the days of mourning are gone?

Not a lot they can do which doesn't end in a lose /lose situation for the Iranian revolutionaries and mad mullahs ,

Yes they are all up in arm's we will hit the Whitehouse ,we will hit here there and everywhere ,but if trump starts hitting Irans military infrastructure the military won't be able to keep their boots on the throats of ordinary Iranians ,
    A weakened military would give rise to protests for change only this time the people could well placed to change the whole country ,
    Thousands of students have previously massacred by the army to quell distent ,but most on here only want to rant and rave about trump and Vietnam for some reason,

Expect a few attacks by proxy forces in Iraq or somewhere else , would they have the balls for anything else is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

The scale of the crowds was phenomenal. Remember the water protests and news reports saying there was 50k while organizers said 500k?

I find it very hard to judge crowd sizes but there had to be a million people on the streets yesterday. Then you consider the crowds of the 3 days. There was a lot more people yesterday than at Trumps Inauguration.
    It’s a strange time when we hope the leader of a middle eastern nation isn’t as rash as the leader of USA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Expect the unexpected?????????

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Particularly since the stated back channel negotiations in Baghdad look like being a ruse to kill the negotiator. That’ll encourage de-escalation for sure! 😂

I find it very hard to judge crowd sizes but there had to be a million people on the streets yesterday.
    dougal-featured-1024x598.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :o

Iran is winning as it stands, so they can afford to be slow and concise in their response. Zarif gave a pretty compelling interview to CNN earlier which managed to confirm they would definitely respond, but in a legal and proportionate manner - unlike the rogue Trump with his threats of war crimes. They’re deliberate that the US military is vulnerable in the region, and seemed to imply that where they would retaliate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gatling wrote: »
    No your wrong ,

The Iranian threat is very much over stated they don't possess peer 2 peer weapons and capabilities ,
    Do you think American airforce bases aren't heavily definitely with multiple layers of protection and still have the ability to hit back any where in the world from America Never mind Carrier groups and landbases in multiple countries ,

Lets look at the Saudi Aramco attack multiple drones and missles were used most got intercepted by a less than stellar patriot system , causing a fire at an oil production facility isn't exactly difficult a few hand grenades could do the same amount of damage ,
    But attacking a heavily defended military base isn't so easy sorry but it's not ,

No point posting a video showing some supposed secret bunker in a mountain means absolutely nothing look at them big rockets I bet they can hit anything anywhere ,but them shiny tubes are more than likely just that empty tubes Painted to look all shiny and new ,

Welcome to propaganda videos

Patriot system? Overpriced junk more like it, there's a reason other countries are lining up to buy the S-400 Nd if course the US is threatening them with sanctions, so much for the free market..

Advertisement