Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Supposedly Trump has realised that hitting the Iranians cultural sites is a bad idea and against international law.

As a leader of the free world he shouldn't have been shooting in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    Iran is winning as it stands,

Being bent over a proverbial barrel and raped and that's winning .

How is it winning , actually please expand the whole legal action what does it mean exactly ,
    And how do you know that the claims of going to negotiate with saudi or whoever the claim was true and not just some oh we were looking for peace honestly your honour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Iran is winning as it stands, so they can afford to be slow and concise in their response. Zarif gave a pretty compelling interview to CNN earlier which managed to confirm they would definitely respond, but in a legal and proportionate manner - unlike the rogue Trump with his threats of war crimes. They’re deliberate that the US military is vulnerable in the region, and seemed to imply that where they would retaliate.

Winning? It's not a race for christ sake.

Iran are in a corner though and they know it. It's lose lose for them now.

Patriot system? Overpriced junk more like it, there's a reason other countries are lining up to buy the S-400 Nd if course the US is threatening them with sanctions, so much for the free market..

I've seen that Russian hardware in action on a clip online its some piece of kit.

I think the Iranians already have the S_300 which would be sufficient enough for what it's intended for.

Winning? It's not a race for christ sake.

Iran are in a corner though and they know it. It's lose lose for them now.

What are they loosing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

notobtuse wrote: »
    I see Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Tehran) is now giving Iran military advice and suggesting it could target Trump hotels worldwide. Well past time for this ignoramus of a US Congresswoman to be tried for treason.

She doesn`t appear to be saying anything more than what many feel could happen with Trump hotels, but if you see a reason for her to be tried for treason in that, then I assume you would equally wish to see Trump tried by an international court for threatening to target cultural sites ?

nthclare wrote: »
    I've seen that Russian hardware in action on a clip online its some piece of kit.

It's great Watching videos of rockets launching in a marketing /propaganda video

What are they loosing ?

They don't respond they look weak after all the bluster

They do respond and they get their behinds handed to them.

Losing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I think the Iranians already have the S_300 which would be sufficient enough for what it's intended for.

I reckon Erdogan bought it because he thinks someday he'll fall out of favour with the US, fair play to him and India for holding their ground on buying the russian system despite the threats

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

What are they loosing ?

The cognitively dissonant race that is simultaneously happening and not happening in that posters head. He sure is proving his loyalty, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Maybe they were keeping him in office in order to bring about this exact situation?

And people say Alex Jones and the right are the conspiracy theory lunatics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Iran is winning as it stands
    Winning, as in a 'Charlie Sheen type of winning'? Whereby he went bats^&* crazy and lost the general plot before turning to rehab.

As it stands they're down about 200$bn in lost revenue, due to wanting to have some big fancy stick to threaten many others with (which they could never match anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

They also have a domestic system which is supposed to be similar to a S-400.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I find it chilling that the foreign minister of a country like Iran shows so much more common sense than the president of the United States. Trump is a maniac.

Winning, as in a 'Charlie Sheen type of winning'? Whereby he went bats^&* crazy and lost the general plot before turning to rehab.

As it stands they're down about 200$bn in lost revenue, due to wanting to have some big fancy stick to threaten many others with (which they could never match anyway).

Don't worry their tourist sector will save them, or something.

They also have a domestic system which is supposed to be similar to a S-400.

I heard the Syrians have some too ,

But seems to missed the 200 + attacks from Israeli aircraft but they did happen to shoot down a russian military aircraft over Syria killing all onboard ,

Must be a winner

They don't respond they look weak after all the bluster

They do respond and they get their behinds handed to them.

Losing

They’ve managed to dislodge the US from Iraq. They’ve asserted their dominance over Syrian Affairs. They’ve highlighted the absolute dogs dinner that the US is making of everything they touch in terms of regional policy.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I find it chilling that the foreign minister of a country like Iran shows so much more common sense than the president of the United States. Trump is a maniac.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213884324807876615

Yeah just look at President Trump here.

Orange man bad.

They’ve highlighted .

That America can hit and scare the holy bejayus out of the Revolution old fougies every time one of them get in to a car they must be asking is it a bird ,is it a plane oh ****e it's a hellfire

Gatling wrote: »
    I heard the Syrians have some too ,

But seems to missed the 200 + attacks from Israeli aircraft but they did happen to shoot down a russian military aircraft over Syria killing all onboard ,

Must be a winner

Only if it’s actually used: https://theaviationgeekclub.com/russia-puts-s-400-air-defense-system-on-alert-against-israeli-f-35i-stealth-fighters-flying-over-syria/

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213884324807876615

Yeah just look at President Trump here.

Orange man bad.

Expected from Iran. You dont expect it from the beacon of freedom and morality that is AMERICA :pac:

They’ve managed to dislodge the US from Iraq. They’ve asserted their dominance over Syrian Affairs. They’ve highlighted the absolute dogs dinner that the US is making of everything they touch in terms of regional policy.

Eh...

https://militarybases.com/overseas/iraq/

Only if it’s actually used

Or it's worse than the oul patriots several have been ranting about ,

Jaysus. Suprised the yanks havent annexed a part of Iraq. Although they only like doing that to there neighbours, just ask the Cubans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Gringo180 wrote:
    Expected from Iran. You dont expect it from the beacon of freedom and morality that is AMERICA

Bigotry of low expectations I think that's called. How lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

They’ve managed to dislodge the US from Iraq.
    Except they haven't, on this non-binding vote, that has since been backtracked somewhat. Simply a chessboard move (unoffical statement) that has now been reversed and clarified. I.e. Likely just used/released as PR in order to test a response from host country that actually requires it's resources and support.

Ideally they'll leave some day, when the whole area calms down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gatling wrote: »
    That America can hit and scare the holy bejayus out of the Revolution old fougies every time one of them get in to a car they must be asking is it a bird ,is it a plane oh ****e it's a hellfire

That's what these threads are really all about for you, you can't stand that some countries have better equipment than the US or are standing up to them, it's like football team rivalry to you, regardless of how in the wrong the US are, it's when anyone mentions attacking them you get your jollies, how many boxes of kleenex did you go through today?

Not for much longer.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Bigotry of low expectations I think that's called. How lovely.

I think chants would be a bit lower down on the scale of immorality than what the Americans carried out the other day.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus. Suprised the yanks havent annexed a part of Iraq. Although they only like doing that to there neighbours,

Just ask Ukraine about neighbours ..

5000 us troops in Iraq
    But some how they have occupied and hold the whole of Iraq or some where someone is not telling the truth

Advertisement