Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lots of reports there heavy explosions on twitter inside Iraq. Not sure yet if false reports or something is happening?

Iranian response is underway it's happening, missiles have hit places inside Iraq

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1214682354570158080?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Gatling wrote: »
    Not true they got a single hit on a boat using a cruise missile not a silkworm anti ship missle killed 4 sailors but the boat got back to port and was repaired and is still in service ,

So they fired a big rocket at a relatively small boat and didn't even sink it ,

That's winning !

A bit like Syrians shooting down a russian plane with a russian Missile is that a win for Syrians ?

Don't bother replying to me, I am not interested in your drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just ask Ukraine about neighbours ..

5000 us troops in Iraq
    But some how they have occupied and hold the whole of Iraq or some where someone is not telling the truth

Certainly more than 5k in the next few weeks. 12 to 13k in Afghanistan. How many military bases in the middle east? Easily 50+.

Why dont the Ameicans just go home and protect there borders, they have zero threat on home soil from Iran or any other middle east country bar of course the Saudis (been there done that).

Instead of spending trillions on new toys for the military why dont they pump a fraction of that sort of money into some of there crumbling poverty stricken cities back home. Leave the brown people alone to rule themselves in whatever way they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

This is the real thing, missiles have hit US bases.

Ain Al Assad base in Iraq Iranians have hit it with ballistic missiles according to reports.

30 missiles so far damn!

Twitter wrong i be shocked so many tweets?

If that's the case, I fear Iran has been too quick to take the bait, this is exactly what some in Washington wanted to happen.

I guess it's a Hezbollah attack ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Cool, calm and intelligent... Bozo and his knuckle head crew could learn something from this man..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

30 missiles so far damn!

It's an Iraq military base that hosts some coalition forces 6 rockes and apparently indirect fire ,

Likely they will do more damage to Iraqi homes than anything military

What's with 6 , the other day 6 mortars or rockets
    ,6 rockets today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

If that's the case, I fear Iran has been too quick to take the bait, this is exactly what some in Washington wanted to happen.

I don't think so, they are going to be attacked anyhow.

Their choices are sit and take it or fight back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Why do you insist on repeating this idiotic line? Does it make you feel tough? Do you think it's funny (hint. It isnt)? You have literally slammed the thread multiple times with it, are you expecting (hoping for) a more adverse reaction to it?

Probably heard it in some US military film... Probably practices saying it in front of the mirror too... Pew pew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

archer22 wrote: »
    Don't bother replying to me, I am not interested in your drivel.

It's true isn't it ,

You gleefully boasted about a ship getting taken out ,the facts say something completely different .

Do you not like the actual facts or hoping for a few thanks for look what Iranian missiles did or in this case didn't do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It's an Iraq military base that hosts some coalition forces 6 rockes and apparently indirect fire ,

Likely they will do more damage to Iraqi homes than anything military

What's with 6 , the other day 6 mortars or rockets
    ,6 rockets today

For something that happened in the past hour your a remarkably well informed man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It's on the mainstream media news on TV now, ongoing attack on US forces.

I guess it's a Hezbollah attack ??

The US base was hit just not sure it was struck by missiles or rockets. Hearing up to 30 and low as 6. It still ongoing hearing different places too?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    For something that happened

Yes i tend to be, annoying the living daylights out people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

archer22 wrote: »
    I don't think so, they are going to be attacked anyhow.

Their choices are sit and take it or fight back.

I get what you're saying.

I just hoped that the US could be shamed into not escalating further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Gringo180 wrote: »
    For something that happened in the past hour your a remarkably well informed man.
    Thing is, if it happened an hour or so ago, it hasn't even registered anywhere offical as news (twitter isn't news). Yesterday they wiped out some civilian apartments, today they ran over themselves.

Maybe some chamomile tea and a calm sit down would be the best idea.

It's on the mainstream media news on TV now, ongoing attack on US forces.

What channel?

• Advertisement

Iran TV has confirmed they launched strikes inside Iraq.

Oddly enough not a mention from sky to RT

Must be a very limited incident if it's not breaking news all over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Would that by any chance be the same Masih Alinejad that Pompeo met back in February to express his thanks too?

Oddly enough not a mention from sky to RT

Must be a very limited incident if it's not breaking news all over

Breaking on RT now, what has you checking russian news?

IRAN'S REVOLUTIONARY GUARD CORPS SAYS IT HAS FIRED "TENS OF MISSILES" AT AL ASAD AIRBASE IN IRAQ - STATE MEDIA+

Trump going to war, madness.

IRAN'S REVOLUTIONARY GUARD CORPS SAYS IT HAS FIRED "TENS OF MISSILES" AT AL ASAD AIRBASE IN IRAQ - STATE MEDIA+

Trump going to war, madness.

Good luck to them, I dont think they had much choice, maniacs in the whitehousr

• Advertisement

Good luck to them, I dont think they had much choice, maniacs in the whitehousr

Sad thing is if its ballistic missile attack US soldiers are dying right now because of Trump!

Advertisement