Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

#Iran is calling this Operation Martyr Suleimani and says this is just the beginning. Expect a US response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I feel Iran had no choice.

But I feel this is going to be absolutely terrible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

alastair wrote: »
    Press TV saying it’s just the one airbase that’s been targeted.

One airbase that uses drones. Seems like a tactical response.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

I bet Kowalski and co. in those bases wish they were back in a Chicago diner roaring for a double pastrami sandwich... Heavy on the mayo right about now

Well im betting a few Mohammed's are going to be wishing they where in Chicago not Tehran in a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Sky News still showing the press preview and not mentioning any attack’s!!!!

• Advertisement

#Iran is calling this Operation Martyr Suleimani and says this is just the beginning. Expect a US response.

Must have taken them an age to think of that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So multiple or just the two?

Seems ten rockets at one base

Iran claiming tens of missiles launched ,

Claims of launched in the tens ,10 apparently hit what and where the other tens of missiles hit or went god only knows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

jarvis wrote: »
    Sky News still showing the press preview and not mentioning any attack’s!!!!

Sky app briefly mentioned it.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

I feel Iran had no choice.

But I feel this is going to be absolutely terrible for them.

They had a choice and they chose incorrectly.

It hard to tell what going on, missiles are still hitting bases according to people on twitter. Fog of war right now!

All we know for sure Iran has fired ballistic missiles.

US/ Iran both now claim it was a cruise missile strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Well Trump needn't worry about his expensive airbase now...it will be worthless rubble come daybreak.

Iranian TV it's a crushing response to American aggression,

Imagine what they will say when US missiles start to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭dasdog

Erbil (Northern Iraq) and Al Asad Air Base (Western Iraq) according to the trading sites I use.

Oil is up 3%, gold is up 1.4% - small moves until the US retaliates.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

One airbase that uses drones. Seems like a tactical response.

Yep - Al Assad air base - ‘dozens’ of missiles according to the Revolutionary Guards.

archer22 wrote: »
    Well Trump needn't worry about his expensive airbase now...it will be worthless rubble come daybreak.

Translated into real world ,

Base will still be there tomorrow ,next week , next month ,next how many years

So it looks like its a few missiles at a drone base not the "multiple missile attacks this is the big one" etc.. some are hoping for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

They had a choice and they chose incorrectly.

Nope theyve always said they'll retaliate, from drones in their airspace to seizing their ships, all have been met by a response

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So it looks like its a few missiles at a drone base not the "multiple missile attacks this is the big one" etc.. some are hoping for?

You guys are even in denial about a real attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Its all kicking off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sky news now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

What’s the difference between rockets, ballistic missiles and cruise missiles? Why does the type matter?

You guys are even in denial about a real attack.

Not really just not seeing reports of what you are claiming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I'll expect that whole region to be in flames in the morning, Israel I wouldn't think is safe either, sad but that's what happens when you kick a hornets nest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

The Russians came in after a visit from Soleimani to Moscow. Seems like that’s the sort of dominance that I was referring to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-soleimani-insigh/how-iranian-general-plotted-out-syrian-assault-in-moscow-idUSKCN0S02BV20151006

Yes he went, but at Assad's request, and only after Assad had already invited the Russians in. I'm very sure that he did not go behind Assad's back, and invite Russian military into Syria, all by himself...that would have been a bridge too far.
    But I could see why he went, it would be perfectly natural as he was a military man, and he would be working closely with the Russian's, and who knew the actual situation on the ground better than him? Must have been galling though, after going through everything that they went through since the war started in 2011, but were not able to win, and had to ask the Russians for help? BTW, I'm not knocking Soleimani ( and I'm not praising him either) but in fairness, he was an exceptional tactician and military man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

It's going to be a long night on this thread, if planes are taking off from bases it's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Happy hunting Iran, hit the scum hard and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

ABC news stated multiple sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Here we fckin go due to that cnut Trump

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I'll expect that whole region to be in flames in the morning, Israel I wouldn't think is safe either, sad but that's what happens when you kick a hornets nest

:D

Enjoy your cornflakes.

Advertisement