Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I wouldn't believe either of them. I wouldn't trust either of them to tell me the time.

I'm not disputing that Assad is a menace, but your 'choose a team' angle is very bizarre, particularly when the other team is Obama. Obama has oceans of innocent blood on his own hands, including the blood of children.

So you'll have to forgive me if I see neither as a pillar of integrity.

I see Obama as a pillar of integrity. And you comparing him to Assad is ...bizarre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

So russia has the right to be there ??? Weird ...

And you support Putin over Obama again weird.

Russia has to take some of the blame also for 400,000 deaths in syria ..just precisely BECAUSE Of the way they handled it vrs Obama.

Russia massacred the place.

If Russia didn't intervene that death toll would have been a lot higher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

OK, so now they got the guy that they believed was behind aiding Shia Militias, will they be going after the Saudi regime any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I just know so much more about it than you its hard to take you seriously quite frankly. That is not my fault.

You don't even seem to be aware of the basics. Like the USA had way more troops in Syria than Russia. They gave way more intervention.

Some of the things you have said are ridiculous. And you pay no heed to facts.

I have said very little on the topic in this thread. Now I know for a fact you are trolling.

Ignore button being engaged.

I am no fan of Donald, but he may turn out to be right here; when you consider the following

:In 2009, a leaked report stated that General Soleimani met Christopher R. Hill and General Raymond T. Odierno (America's two most senior officials in Baghdad at the time) in the office of Iraq’s president, Jalal Talabani (who knew General Soleimani for decades). Hill and General Odierno denied the occurrence of the meeting.[35]

On 24 January 2011, Soleimani was promoted to Major General by Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.[30][36] Khamenei was described as having a close relationship with him, calling Soleimani a "living martyr" and helping him financially.[27]

Soleimani was described as "the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today" and the principal military strategist and tactician in Iran's effort to combat Western influence and promote the expansion of Shiite and Iranian influence throughout the Middle East.[27] In Iraq, as the commander of the Quds force, he was believed to have strongly influenced the organization of the Iraqi government, notably supporting the election of previous Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki.[27][37] Soleimani has even been described as being "Iran’s very own Erwin Rommel".[38]

I think Iraq in the fallout is now going to have to choose side. As i said previously Soleimani was seen as untouchable up to this point, so the Iranian Clerics may genuinely fear if they escalate this further, that they might be next.

So, after a limited response via their proxies, it may lead to the Iranian Clerics seeking to negotiate in private, while publicly denouncing the great satan and promising to open the gates of hell...

They would be wise to negotiate.

But are they wise?

Or are they cunning?

Why would they negotiate when they can scheme and pretend to?

• Advertisement

If Russia didn't intervene that death toll would have been a lot higher
    I doubt that.

Of they had no intervened ...assad would be gone. The us would be there ....who knows ...i doubt honestly it would be so high though...

I am no fan of Donald, but he may turn out to be right here; when you consider the following

:In 2009, a leaked report stated that General Soleimani met Christopher R. Hill and General Raymond T. Odierno (America's two most senior officials in Baghdad at the time) in the office of Iraq’s president, Jalal Talabani (who knew General Soleimani for decades). Hill and General Odierno denied the occurrence of the meeting.[35]

On 24 January 2011, Soleimani was promoted to Major General by Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.[30][36] Khamenei was described as having a close relationship with him, calling Soleimani a "living martyr" and helping him financially.[27]

Soleimani was described as "the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today" and the principal military strategist and tactician in Iran's effort to combat Western influence and promote the expansion of Shiite and Iranian influence throughout the Middle East.[27] In Iraq, as the commander of the Quds force, he was believed to have strongly influenced the organization of the Iraqi government, notably supporting the election of previous Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki.[27][37] Soleimani has even been described as being "Iran’s very own Erwin Rommel".[38]

I think Iraq in the fallout is now going to have to choose side. As i said previously Soleimani was seen as untouchable up to this point, so the Iranian Clerics may genuinely fear if they escalate this further, that they might be next.

So, after a limited response via their proxies, it may lead to the Iranian Clerics seeking to negotiate in private, while publicly denouncing the great satan and promising to open the gates of hell...

The US only have themselves to blame for its relationship with Iran, this all dates back to their meddling in its affairs decades ago, what people don't seem to realise is anywhere the US goes, death, destruction and chaos follows, they're the common denominator

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I just know so much more about it than you its hard to take you seriously quite frankly. That is not my fault.

You don't even seem to be aware of the basics. Like the USA had way more troops in Syria than Russia. They gave way more intervention.

Some of the things you have said are ridiculous. And you pay no heed to facts.

You get all your info from al Jazeera. You probably have never visited Syria or heard from from anyone who lives in Damascus. Your talking out through your hole, wipe the crumbs off the keyboard and educate yourself.

I doubt that.

Of they had no intervened ...assad would be gone. The us would be there ....who knows ...i doubt honestly it would be so high though...

Doubt all you want, it's clear that within a year, ISIS were on the ropes after russian intervention, what's laughable is Trump tried to take credit for it

OK, so now they got the guy that they believed was behind aiding Shia Militias, will they be going after the Saudi regime any time soon?
    Fat Chance ...that is their no 1 mate against iran ..

• Advertisement

Doubt all you want, it's clear that within a year, ISIS were on the ropes after russian intervention, what's laughable is Trump tried to take credit for it
    It wasn't the russian invasion ....it was soleimini ....he put isis on the ropes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It was going to happen sooner or later the next question should be will they stop there (the US) or take out more Iranians ,
    Iran could increase proxy attacks which in turn gets more strikes against its own forces and leadership ,

Can't see many Iranians seeking Martyrdom in drone strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

jmreire wrote: »
    What about torturing the school kids, and the protests which were peace full until they were hijacked? Any sources other than YouTube concerning the chemical attacks?

https://thegrayzone.com/

It wasn't the russian invasion ....it was soleimini ....he put isis on the ropes

By God you post some rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think it is alarming that Dominic Raab is in charge of Foreign Affairs in the UK at this time (or any time for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russians couldn't find Isis seems their store bought gps weren't very good kept finding hospitals but not Isis fighters or commanders

Gatling wrote: »
    Russians couldn't find Isis seems their store bought gps weren't very good kept finding hospitals but not Isis fighters or commanders

I'm still waiting on that link Gatling were you claimed the US were invited into Syria by the kurds(LOL) any chance you can hook a brother up?

Gatling wrote: »
    https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/baghdad-airport-strike-live-intl-hnk/h_02d5a17ad0eebe80128bda0388b8be36

Guys ...Soleimani =THE most effective force fighting Daesh (ISIS)

He was a bastard. But when it came to securing Iraq

Soleimani secured Amirili ..that was the VERY first city to withstand attack by Isis. He took Tikrit.

He took back Aleppo. Remember ..what is Aleppo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

I am no fan of Donald, but he may turn out to be right here;

I think that US military leadership in the Mideast is now a target as are Trump properties that may be reached by Iran or proxies. Trump’s problem is that he needs a war he can win on the cheap in lives time and money. The US does not have the forces ready to launch a land invasion of Iran. Trump will want good tv, patriotic tweets and such to deflect from his impeachment. Expect multiple drone air and missile attacks on Iranian and proxy targets. The test of Soleimani’s legacy as strategist will be how Iran plays his killing. Leaving aside the lives about to be lost there are huge stakes on the table now.

• Advertisement

*rubs temple furiously

I don't even know we're to start with that link....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

They would be wise to negotiate.

But are they wise?

Or are they cunning?

Why would they negotiate when they can scheme and pretend to?

One of their top military leaders - someone close to the country's ruler - has just been assassinated (murdered). It's an act of war.

Massively aggressive move and a huge escalation in a region the US has been destabilizing for many, many years hence. They have invaded Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan, all on false pretences. They have trained and supplied terrorist groups on a whim throughout the region for some time, many of which have come back to bite them on the arse.

Their key allies in the region are Saudi Arabia (human rights disaster and terrorist sponsor from where most 9/11 attackers sprung) and Israel (an apartheid state).

I'm shocked by the events this morning, but you are hysterical and certainly not in full possesion of the facts as you seem to think. Ok, you go to class with a Syrian, that doesn't make you quite the font you seem to think it does, emotional stories about children aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Any talk of this happening due to impeachment is nonsese.

In fact since that PR exercise, Trump's odds have been the shortest (1.80) below evens, they've ever been for POTUS20.

The dog in the street knows fine well the iimpeachment (regardless of merit) has zero chance of technical progression.
    Thus is was simply a publicity exercise that will now stall and has already backfired

Reality is the entire M'East is ****efest of eternal multi-dimensional conflict, always has been, always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should the heading of the thread not read “ US murder Sulemani”?
    It reads like they took him out for dinner, a show or something.

*rubs temple furiously

I don't even know we're to start with that link....
    Well you have the 4 others to help you out. also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%8Elham_Ehmed#Ties_With_the_United_States

Don't tell me ..Ilham Ahmed has been 'debunked'

They also invited france and the uk by the way and were critical for them NOT getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

i dont usually do politics......

But for anyone with BBC access to their player, see the below link re documentary on Suleimani by BBC, i watched it ages ago. Was good. They muted to the point in the doc that Iran could potentially invade Europe with her allies and take over / cause another world of shi!t to a point, would it have happened , who knows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003871

Do i agree with this guy been killed, no. There could have been another way ?? ive been steering clear of the "news" as its usually all orchestrated propaganda anyway on all sides.

look back to the Iraq invasion in 2003 when the US & UK along with the others went into Iraq looking for WMD when they were not there.

And look where we are now, millions killed at this stage (?) on all sides, bombings etc all over the world, countries in ruins, thou's killed, mass displacement and a greater agenda yet to unfold - that was all because of the iraq war. The planet has changed, cultures, daily life, politics, travel etc.

we are on a rapid decent into the middle ages or a wipeout, because someone will hit the reset button, its a case of when not if.

i wonder what things would be like if Iraq wasnt invaded and what followed thereafter ?

the world is in a sh!tshow all over, everywhere.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    One of their top military leaders - someone close to the country's ruler - has just been assassinated (murdered). It's an act of war.

Massively aggressive move and a huge escalation in a region the US has been destabilizing for many, many years hence. They have invaded Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan, all on false pretences. They have trained and supplied terrorist groups on a whim throughout the region for some time, many of which have come back to bite them on the arse.

Their key allies in the region are Saudi Arabia (human rights disaster and terrorist sponsor from where most 9/11 attackers sprung) and Israel (an apartheid state).

I'm shocked by the events this morning, but you are hysterical and certainly not in full possesion of the facts as you seem to think. Ok, you go to class with a Syrian, that doesn't make you quite the font you seem to think it does, emotional stories about children aside.
    I have studied this for years.

Stick around you will learn a thing or two.

• Advertisement

The first problem that jumps out is the dates of your links, the US was in syria illegally long before that, second the Kurds aren't the legitimate government of Syria

That wasn't what you asked though was it??

You asked for links supporting the fact that the kurds/ Kurdish leader invited the US ...and she did a long long long long time ago.

That is what i gave you. You were incorrect and gatling was correct about that FACT.

She also invited the UK and france.

You made a factual mistake.

Advertisement