Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Trump will address the nation soon on CNN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Iran threatening Israel and US allies now. This could get worse fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    AFP reporting that the Iranians are now threatening Israel...

Told yas they wouldn't get away unscathed, I'd say Hezbolloh are ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mickdoocey wrote: »
    this looks like Iran declaring war. if 1 American dies it will be war.
    regardless of trump organising the strike this looks like iran committing suicide.

There won’t be any war, and it’s highly unlikely no Americans will be killed. That’s unavoidable when you start lobbing missiles at each other.

Weres everyone getting their updates from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

This is what the US have wanted, going back to Afghanistan. Iran was their ultimate motivation for being there.

alastair wrote: »
    There won’t be any war, and it’s highly unlikely no Americans will be killed. That’s unavoidable when you start lobbing missiles at each other.

Best scenario. But they hit US bases, so its hard to know what Trump will do next. As long as Trump does not use nukes I Am ok with them striking back, it reality of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Surprised that Iran themselves targeted the bases and didn't use their proxies for a lower level, but less calamitous attack.
    • Suicide for the Iranian airforce to go up in the air against the F-35s, they'll learn the same lesson Yugoslavia did.
    • Russia will give Iran all the practical support they need without getting their own soldiers involved.
    • China will not disapprove of Iran's actions but will be worried about their oil supplies from Iran.
    • Trump is getting re-elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Twitter, radio, tv, news sites (normal ones)

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    • Surprised that Iran themselves targeted the bases and didn't use their proxies for a lower level, but less calamitous attack.
    • Suicide for the Iranian airforce to go up in the air against the F-35s, they'll learn the same lesson Yugoslavia did.
    • Russia will give Iran all the practical support they need without getting their own soldiers involved.
    • China will not disapprove of Iran's actions but will be worried about their oil supplies from Iran.
    • Trump is getting re-elected.

Trump certainly could have played the card he said Obama would. A bit of jingoism will do him no harm at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

You got to be fair stupid to murder the top General of a nation 80 million strong

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Twitter. You just have to be careful about unconfirmed info.

Trump to speak live on TV soon.

Iranian and American jets are in the air.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Twitter. You just have to be careful about unconfirmed info.

Trump to speak live on TV soon.

Speaking of unreliable info sources. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mulbot wrote: »
    But it would be OK to cheer on the big old US

No see this is what people especially posters on here ,
    They hate America , they are happy to see American die ,
    I happen to know a lot about history ,warfare and weapons systems , anything I usually post is fact because I say America can fly anywhere in the world and hit targets with ease ,
    This is public knowledge it's nothing new just simple facts but apparently that makes me a trump fan ,war monger ,for cod fan,
    I don't support like or care for trump or any of his cronies ive publicly called out US interference around the world ,
    On multiple threads ,I've called out Israel ,but because I remind people that other countries outside America did and still do bad **** and interfered in as many countries as America , I'm some how a hypocrite even agreed with another person who even on this thread attacks when I post ,say I never call out the US or Israel despite knowing full well they are lying.
    But yes America ****ed up Iraq but so did iran , hundreds of thousands died post us invasion at the hands of in many cases pro Iran forces ,
    But according to Irish people on boards iran are the hero's they single handedly beat Isis , bollox did they but that doesn't stop them.,
    But yes tonight and tomorrow and many more nights to come Iraqis will die at the hands of Iranian missiles ,
    Men , women and children yet posters on here are cheering this notion Iran is sticking it to the man,
    Who protects Iraqis if Iran and it's proxies say Iraq is ours and any doesn't agree execute them , that's exactly whats going to happen ,

War is a dirty business but when your cheering Iran launching missiles into iran your directly supporting and cheering the deaths of innocent people ,
    Rant and rave about America all you like but cheering Iran's missiles is funny when your tucked your child or children into night by the morning others like you but because they happen not to be Iranian will be holding their dead children in their arms or looking for body parts,
    Not soldiers ,not Terrorist but ordinary people and their families .

Ranting and Raving about trump or what America did some where while cheering on Iran's missiles is cheering and supporting the killing of Iraqi families who will suffer the brunt of all of this .

Don't care if I'm liked or dispised I don't support the killings of children and families ,it sad and sickening that others think it's fine as long as an American soldier Might get killed in an attack

Iranian and American jets are in the air.

https://twitter.com/RanjAlaaldin/status/1214712464509689857?s=19

Trump is gonna suffer some blowback over this

• Advertisement

Surely the Iraqis will be snapping now too that their forces have been targetted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Its going to get him re-elected, wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm not so sure, if/when the US retaliates and puts a positive spin on it to make him look good.

Mahony0509 wrote: »

I think the Iranians have been stockpiling missiles for years in this event, they knew it was coming so I'd well believe them

Looks like there may be Iraqi casualties. Context is that as its Iraqi base likely to be far more Irai soldiers there than US or coalition troops. https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1214713856687259650?s=19

I doubt the Iranians are doing much with their fighters except keeping them out of cruise missiles’ way. They don’t have much in the way of modern gear, and would rely on ground to air missiles to respond to US fighters entering Iranian airspace.

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, if/when the US retaliates and puts a positive spin on it to make him look good.

Yeah but it all goes back to 1 stupid decision, the US wouldn't except one of their generals assassinated on foreign soil

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

America is putting their citizens first, securing what it needs, it obviously can’t just come out and say that so hence the stupid games.
    It’s stronger so It’ll take. Same as the stronger kid, the larger corporation or nations have done for most of history.
    Until very recently, it’d have been normal, expected, even admired.
    Dominance needs to be dressed up as some bull**** cause now, cos survival of the fittest isn’t cool anymore.
    I’m not defending it, it’s just almost ridiculous how much time and effort goes into these delicate charades. All the involved nations known, they just act out their parts.
    I’d almost applaud Trump if he said, and he might, “they have stuff, we’re taking it cos we want it”.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like there may be Iraqi casualties. Context is that as its Iraqi base likely to be far more Irai soldiers there than US or coalition troops. https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1214713856687259650?s=19

Might have been intentional to avoid US deaths?. Iran seems to have stopped now.

I have feeling they went after heavy military equipment inside the base, in morning we know!

• Advertisement

Rhetoric from Iran is being ratcheted up. This is all so unnecessary. https://twitter.com/aliarouzi/status/1214716105396228096?s=19

Advertisement