Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Iran called there bluff how, they managed to only kill innocent iraqis going by reports. They either meant that as they didnt want to push trump or else they are the most incompetent army in history.

By launching these attacks, now if the US wants to retaliate, is it really worth opening that can of worms?

You don't assassinate a countries second in command and then stick your finger up at them, they were warned, he's a complete dufus in the whitehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Iran claim many dead, Trump will now destroy them or look a coward .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Iran doesn't have missiles to hit America. Unless they spent a fortune on those new Russian warheads that fly at supersonic speed and can direction mid flight to avoid being intersected.

They don’t need missiles to undertake attacks on US soil though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

LaFuton wrote: »
    looking forward to our smarter posters to wake up and offer some intelligent input

clever folk already in bed

My IQ of 30 not good enough for you.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

By launching these attacks, now if the US wants to retaliate, is it really worth opening that can of worms?

You don't assassinate a countries second in command and then stick your finger up at them, they were warned, he's a complete dufus in the whitehouse

Why would the us respond if there red line has not been crossed which is us casualties. It looks pretty weak on iran if they only killed iraqis, how can they claim revenge then if no us blood was spilled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    It seems to show some sort of countermeasures used against the missiles though - which doesn’t seem to have done any good.

According to Iran they fired tens of missiles.

Consensus seems to suggest between 5 and 10 arrived in Iraq , seems either counter measures worked very well or most of them Iranian missiles you cheered missed and missed badly .

Killing Iraqi's but we knew that already (some of did )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

My IQ of 30 not good enough for you.... :pac:

u beat me by 6 wahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Iran claim many dead, Trump will now destroy them or look a coward .

IRGC has used Qiam and Zolfaghar missiles for attacking the US bases in Iraq. They are guided missiles.

How many US dead we have to see? To be honest it possible the bunkers withstood the blast?

There Iraqi dead so they killed people inside the base!

Why would the us respond if there red line has not been crossed which is us casualties. It looks pretty weak on iran if they only killed iraqis, how can they claim revenge then if no us blood was spilled?

It's still an attack on a US base, I don't know seems to be different sources of the fatalities involved

Gatling wrote: »

Consensus seems to suggest between 5 and 10 arrived in Iraq , seems either counter measures worked very well or most of them Iranian missiles you cheered missed and missed badly .

You work for the Pentagon?

• Advertisement

IRGC has used Qiam and Zolfaghar missiles for attacking the US bases in Iraq. They are guided missiles.

I'd wait for real facts first before deciding which rockets they supposedly fired tens of.

Do I work for the pentagon no .

Your not Iranian no

Suprise suprise

Reports of 15 missiles fired, 4 failed or didn't hit their targets

It's still an attack on a US base, I don't know seems to be different sources of the fatalities involved

US drone was shot down before, no response from us, the red line is casualties , if there is no us casualties, i dont expect a military response, again makes iran look very weak if they only killed iraqis after vowing revenge on america, how can they say to there people oh we killed some iraqis solidiers in response for the us killing our top general.

According to Fox News 15 ballistic missiles launched 10 direct hits at Al-Asad Air Base . One hit at Erbil- 4 failed.

Going by this report Iran seems to have just targeted one US base and the other attack was someone firing a rocket, maybe?

US drone was shot down before, no response from us, the red line is casualties , if there is no us casualties, i dont expect a military response, again makes iran look very weak if they only killed iraqis after vowing revenge on america, how can they say to there people oh we killed some iraqis solidiers in response for the us killing our top general.

I think they didn't respond over the drone because they knew it was in Iranian airspace, that's a violation of sovereignty or do you think the US has the right to do that but not the brown guys? Tump just played it up for the public as if he was concerned about the families of the victims if he retaliated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gatling wrote: »

Well, the DoD started at least a dozen were launched. Local Sunni militia at Al Asad said that at least ten hit the base, one hit Erbil, and one failed near Erbil, so I’m not seeing any scope whatsoever for countermeasures having ‘worked very well’.

Iran :: ''attack us and we'll take out Israel ''

I think they didn't respond over the drone because they knew it was in Iranian airspace, that's a violation of sovereignty or do you think the US has the right to do that but not the brown guys?

Whats color got to do with this, as far as im aware Americans are various colors, what a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Storm in a tea cup really, a response but a very limp one.

Iran aren't stupid enough to balls to wall and kill Americans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

serious hairyness potential

Completely, Iran look very weak after this if only Iraqi casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If there's no US casualties you'd hope trump would leave it at that, at least in terms of military action. There'll be sanctions surely. I don't think Trump wants an all out war with Iran. Wars don't play well with his base and Iran are a very different beast to Iraq.

According to Fox News 15 ballistic missiles launched 10 direct hits

Hundreds down to tens and dozens to 10 ,

Next to no explosions but nice footage of c-rams in action .

Iran claiming they've killed 30 + Americans

Reports say only Iraqis killed

So it seems to misinformation and propaganda is being thrown around by Iran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Your joking, they just launched an attack on US bases, it's far from a limp one, it's balls of steel with horses hard on

Anyone know what happened to the 6 US jets that were scrambled?

Your joking, they just launched an attack on US bases, it's far from a limp one, it's balls of steel with horses hard on

Most incompetent army ever so as they only managed to kill Iraqis.

How on earth can Soldiers survive 15 ballistic missiles

'' 15 missiles hit us, but we're fine, ''

makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Iran has proven tonight that they have seriously good missiles capability.

• Advertisement

Saeed Jalili tweeted the Iranian flag tonight :) , a play on trumps tweeting of the American flag after they assassinated Suleimani

Advertisement