Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

How on earth can Soldiers survive 15 ballistic missiles

'' 15 missiles hit us, but we're fine, ''

makes no sense.

Because its iran sending them, pics online of unexploded missiles, a dark ages country leads to an army as incompetent as iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Iran launched 15 missiles, of which 11 hit their targets and four failed in flight, according to a U.S. defense official, who said that there were no reports so far of U.S. casualties in the attack.

Ten of the missiles hit the sprawling al-Assad Air Base in Iraq’s western Anbar province. U.S. radar was able to track the missiles in flight and, as a result, personnel at the base were able to take cover before they were hit. The U.S. made no effort to intercept the missiles, the official said.

One missile hit the Combined Joint Operations Center in Irbil, where the U.S. trains Iraqi Kurdish fighters and also runs a large air operations control center covering northern Iraq and parts of Syria.

L A Times.

No effort to intercept the missiles seems like it’s rather too blithe to take seriously.

archer22 wrote: »
    Iran has proven tonight that they have seriously good missiles capability.

Funniest post of 2020.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Most incompetent army ever so as they only managed to kill Iraqis.

That may have been intentional.
    Iranian people wanted revenge, this could be a token gesture.
    The response from the US is a far greater factor.

Because its iran sending them, pics online of unexploded missiles, a dark ages country leads to an army as incompetent as iran.

Funny - I’m pretty sure I saw video of missiles hitting the base, and the DoD seem to think they were hit too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

How on earth can Soldiers survive 15 ballistic missiles

'' 15 missiles hit us, but we're fine, ''

makes no sense.

Missiles flew 900 miles from Iran and majority hit. There guided in also Iran may have deliberately avoided US casualties. Nobody truly knows what Iran was attempting to do here. Fact they stoppped they don't want to escalate.

That may have been intentional.
    Iranian people wanted revenge, this could be a token gesture.
    The response from the US is a far bigger factor.

Yeah thats what i said earlier, totally incompetent or thy didn't want to push trump by crossing there red line of us casualties, either way Iran looks weaker after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The Iraqi Hezbollah group should join in the attack now to ensure the terrorists get no sleep

alastair wrote: »
    Funny - I’m pretty sure I saw video of missiles hitting the base, and the DoD seem to think they were hit too.

Funny that i didnt say none of them hit. The us tracked them and didnt even try to intercept them, did you read that part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Funny that i didnt say none of them hit. The us tracked them and didnt even try to intercept them, did you read that part?

Stop them with what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Yeah thats what i said earlier, totally incompetent or thy didn't want to push trump by crossing there red line of us casualties, either way Iran looks weaker after this.

Not really, Trump has to decide now if he wants to retaliate and the resulting carnage that will ensue across the region as far as Israel... And it will be hugeee

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Most incompetent army ever so as they only managed to kill Iraqis.

Trump fired 2/3. at a moving target killed his intended target,

Iran claiming they launched tens of missiles at one fairly large base claimed to have killed tens of Americans ,
    Reports suggest 6 rockets made it to Iraq the other couple of dozens rockets must have either badly missed or were stopped by counter measures.

But iran says they are winning and some boardsies too

Someone is telling porkies

I did - and you’re buying that?

Again no need to respond as the dark ages iran didnt cross any red line, how many times do i have to repeat that.

I did - and you’re buying that?

Well it seems that there was no us casualties so obviously they were well aware of incoming missiles.

Stop them with what?

Brrrrrrrrap brrrrrrrrap that big Streak of red on the video you posted is rockets getting intercepted by c-rams.

Gatling wrote: »
    Trump fired 2/3. at a moving target killed his intended target,

Iran claiming they launched tens of missiles at one fairly large base claimed to have killed tens of Americans ,
    Reports suggest 6 rockets made it to Iraq the other couple of dozens rockets must have either badly missed or were stopped by counter measures.

But iran says they are winning and some boardsies too

Someone is telling porkies

Don’t know what reports you’re reading but The DoD were clear that ten missiles hit the base, and one hit Erbil and 15 were launched.

Brrrrrrrrap brrrrrrrrap that big Streak of red on the video you posted is rockets getting intercepted by c-rams.

And not stopping a damn thing. Let’s not forget.

Don’t know what reports

Going by cheerfuls reports and Iranians claims tens of rockets or dozens launched. depending on who's jumping up and down cheering .

no need to stop anything, no us casualties. Iranian incompetence at its finest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Again no need to respond as the dark ages iran didnt cross any red line, how many times do i have to repeat that.

Seems like a lot on here will be terribly disappointed if the US dont retaliate.

Well it seems that there was no us casualties so obviously they were well aware of incoming missiles.

Not doubting that. But they opted to not try and intercept them? Not buying that at all.

It's on video stopping flying things it's how they work.

no need to stop anything, no us casualties. Iranian incompetence at its finest.

Why are they firing at the things then? What’s incompetent about landing ten missiles on an air base?

It's on video stopping flying things it's how they work.

It clearly didn’t work. All ten hit the air base. The ones that didn’t hit the base failed before reaching the base. And that’s according to the DoD.

Why are they firing at the things then? What’s incompetent about landing ten missiles on an air base?

Trying to show there people they are taking revenge by not killing any us soldiers but attacking bricks and mortar, iran look very weak after this. NO need for us response to this. Incompetent is managing to only kill iraqis but then again i think iran knew not to cross us red line.

Going by cheerfuls reports and Iranians claims tens of rockets or dozens launched. depending on who's jumping up and down cheering .

I’m talking about your claimed numbers - which are wrong. Once again.

Trying to show there people they are taking revenge by not killing any us soldiers but attacking bricks and mortar, iran look very weak after this. NO need for us response to this.

"If Iran does anything that they shouldn't be doing, they're going to be suffering the consequences, and very strongly.” - Trump

"If Iran does anything that they shouldn't be doing, they're going to be suffering the consequences, and very strongly.” - Trump

They won't be the only ones suffering was IRAN'S message tonight...

• Advertisement

Launching missiles approximately 900km to their targets and 10 of 15 hit.

Advertisement