Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Trying to show there people they are taking revenge by not killing any us soldiers but attacking bricks and mortar, iran look very weak after this. NO need for us response to this.

I’m talking about the countermeasure fire, not the missiles. The missiles hit their targets in the main - there’s no reasonable way you land missiles on people and expect NOT to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

"If Iran does anything that they shouldn't be doing, they're going to be suffering the consequences, and very strongly.” - Trump

The red line is us casualties, there was none because iran knew not to push trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Gatling wrote: »
    Going by cheerfuls reports and Iranians claims tens of rockets or dozens launched. depending on who's jumping up and down cheering .

Funny, when i was reporting it was happening you guys were in complete denial!
    I clearly said there fog of war so some reports maybe be inaccurate.
    They fired 15 ballistic missiles. not a low number.

The red line is us casualties, there was none because iran knew not to push trump.

🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

In fairness you're always on the ball with reports, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

People have been saying for years that Trump would start a war within one year of the 2020 election, it's amazing how transparent this is, especially with all the negative press and getting impeached for the fiasco with Ukraine.

What will be interesting now is, who will back the US? I think the UK are f***ed thanks to brexit and basically have no choice. After that though, who knows...

and still managed to kill no us at a stationary target, unbelievable incompetence, while the us could kill a man in a moving truck.

We'll have to see what Dufus does next, no country on earth would stand by if their second in command was assasinated

We'll have to see what Dufus does next, no country on earth would stand by if their second in command was assasinated

Yeah a great response to kill innocent Iraqis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

So Iran completely bottled it. What a shock.

and still managed to kill no us at a stationary target, unbelievable incompetence, while the us could kill a man in a moving truck.

CNN- officials are claiming the Iranians struck areas of the base with very little US personnel. Looks to be intentional to avoid deaths.

CNN- officials are claiming the Iranian struck areas with very little US personnel. Looks to be intentional to avoid deaths.

Yes not to cross the us red line as i have been saying with hours, very weak from iran after all that revenge talk.

Jaysus the comments under that, that country is fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    It clearly didn’t work. All ten hit the air base.

In the video posted from the base you can clearly see at least one c-ram engaging targets and next to no explosions suggesting they did do their job ,

And add they fact we've seen no burning base of any kind no huge explosions which would be expected if ten rockets hit a military base ,

Terrible for Iraqi families.

Yes not to cross the us red line as i have been saying with hours, very weak from iran after all that revenge talk.

Smart choice, Iranians acted responsibly. We see what Trump does now, tomo. I'm off now.

What we’ve learned so far.

1. The Iranians have kept their fancy missiles in reserve.
    2. 11 of the 15 launched hit their designated target. 4 failed in flight.
    3. The US seemingly ‘didn’t bother’ to try and intercept them, cause...?
    4. The fancy countermeasure guns at the base didn’t stop the missiles hitting the base
    5. Some people seem to think you can fire a missile hundreds of miles, land them in too of a military base, and somehow specify the nationality of the people it kills in that base.
    6. The US military claims it could track the missiles, and get everyone on base safely protected in time, except seemingly Iraqis.

What we’ve learned so far.

1. The Iranians have kept their fancy missiles in reserve.
    2. 11 of the 15 launched hit their designated target. 4 failed in flight.
    3. The US seemingly ‘didn’t bother’ to try and intercept them, cause...?
    4. The fancy countermeasure guns at the base didn’t stop the missiles hitting the base
    5. Some people seem to think you can fire a missile hundreds of miles, land them in too of a military base, and somehow specify the nationality of the people it kills in that base.
    6. The US military claims it could track the missiles, and get everyone on base safely protected in time, except seemingly Iraqis.

So your essentially saying iran bottled it, i agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Fonny122 wrote: »
    People have been saying for years that Trump would start a war within one year of the 2020 election, it's amazing how transparent this is, especially with all the negative press and getting impeached for the fiasco with Ukraine.

What will be interesting now is, who will back the US? I think the UK are f***ed thanks to brexit and basically have no choice. After that though, who knows...

Canada is a given

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

Trumpism really is little more than a cult of hate, nothing more. Just look at the trump supporters in this thread, positively giddy about death and war kicking off and talking about it like premier league fans in the days before the start of the season. No different to the glee they take in what is happening to the children on the Mexican border.

They're a sad, disgusting lot who will be remembered for what they are.

• Advertisement

In the video posted from the base you can clearly see at least one c-ram engaging targets and next to no explosions suggesting they did do their job ,

And add they fact we've seen no burning base of any kind no huge explosions which would be expected if ten rockets hit a military base ,

Terrible for Iraqi families.

The DoD say that ten missiles hit the base. I think they’re best placed to know. The countermeasures didn’t work, that appears to be the fact based on what the people using them have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

CNN- officials are claiming the Iranians struck areas of the base with very little US personnel. Looks to be intentional to avoid deaths.

You mean they missed ..........

And to think about people were cheering Iranian missiles earlier ,

This must be winning

So your essentially saying iran bottled it, i agree.

If by bottled it you mean successfully launched a strike on two military bases, then sure.

Fonny122 wrote: »
    Trumpism really is little more than a cult of hate, nothing more. Just look at the trump supporters in this thread, positively giddy about death and war kicking off and talking about it like premier league fans in the days before the start of the season. No different to the glee they take in what is happening to the children on the Mexican border.

They're a sad, disgusting lot who will be remembered for what they are.

Then they get all emotional about the soldiers and iraqis,,then in the next post talking about hands getting flown back on economy class seats, these fellas know sweet fa about the realities of war

If by bottled it you mean successfully launched a strike on two military bases, then sure.

haha a missile attack with no casualties of the enemy, yes i would say that is a complete failure.

This must be winning

They hit the base. But if you’d rather pretend they missed - sure.

This must be winning

You're normally the guy jizzing in his pants with all the military tough talk

I’m in fits of giggles, the wife is saying WTF in a sleepy haze.......

https://twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1214740958820089856?s=21

You're normally the guy jizzing in his pants with all the military tough talk

I hope you get drafted someday

• Advertisement

I’m in fits of giggles, the wife is saying WTF in a sleepy haze.......

https://twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1214740958820089856?s=21

Yep, that's nightmares for me tonight

Advertisement