Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

America used a drone to attack his car ,with 4 rockets,
    2 or 3 other people were also killed .
    He was a general, he was not a terrorist .
    So all bets are off, any enemys of america will feel free to attack any american soldier or someone who works for the american government in any country .
    This is a very foolish move which will lead to an escalation in attacks on american ,s and america allie,s in the middle east.
    Iran has control of proxy forces in various countrys which they can use to attack america or american allie,s like saudia arabia .
    I do,nt think america has every assasinated a general in an army ,
    unless they were in a state of war with that country.
    This will lead to more chaos in the middle east and also increase support for extremist groups who may carry out attacks on america or other western countrys to seek revenge for this attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

In other news, ILoveYourVibes breaks all time boards.ie post rate record.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

tdf7187 wrote: »
    In other news, ILoveYourVibes breaks all time boards.ie post rate record.

Iloveyourvibes kicks ass and schools some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

That wasn't what you asked though was it??

You asked for links supporting the fact that the kurds/ Kurdish leader invited the US ...and she did a long long long long time ago.

That is what i gave you. You were incorrect and gatling was correct about that FACT.

She also invited the UK and france.

You made a factual mistake.

I've been asking Gatling for that link for nearly 2 years(only to be ignored because he knows it's rubbish) , long before your links are dated. The US have set up bases illegally and in violation of international law long before that. "she" doesn't have the authority to invite another countries military into sovereign territory... FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Any talk of this happening due to impeachment is nonsese.

In fact since that PR exercise, Trump's odds have been the shortest (1.80) below evens, they've ever been for POTUS20.

The dog in the street knows fine well the iimpeachment (regardless of merit) has zero chance of technical progression.
    Thus is was simply a publicity exercise that will now stall and has already backfired

Reality is the entire M'East is ****efest of eternal multi-dimensional conflict, always has been, always will be.

Agree about current impeachment. Democrats are clueless. He should be impeached for this Suleimani killing or the killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan.
    Regarding the middle East France, England and the laterly the US are wholly responsible for creating this mess. I am of the view that they intend bombing every Arab country and Iran into the stone age just that the Israeli state is viable

• Advertisement

Banzai600 wrote: »
    i dont usually do politics......

But for anyone with BBC access to their player, see the below link re documentary on Suleimani by BBC, i watched it ages ago. Was good. They muted to the point in the doc that Iran could potentially invade Europe with her allies and take over / cause another world of shi!t to a point, would it have happened , who knows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003871

Do i agree with this guy been killed, no. There could have been another way ?? ive been steering clear of the "news" as its usually all orchestrated propaganda anyway on all sides.

look back to the Iraq invasion in 2003 when the US & UK along with the others went into Iraq looking for WMD when they were not there.

And look where we are now, millions killed at this stage (?) on all sides, bombings etc all over the world, countries in ruins, thou's killed, mass displacement and a greater agenda yet to unfold - that was all because of the iraq war. The planet has changed, cultures, daily life, politics, travel etc.

we are on a rapid decent into the middle ages or a wipeout, because someone will hit the reset button, its a case of when not if.

i wonder what things would be like if Iraq wasnt invaded and what followed thereafter ?

the world is in a sh!tshow all over, everywhere.

I saw that doc.
    He was the most powerful man in Iraq and against Isis. You have to wonder what will happen in the region now.

Iloveyourvibes kicks ass and schools some people.

Alright, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but your blatantly trolling at this stage

I've been asking Gatling for that link for nearly 2 years(only to be ignored because he knows it's rubbish) , long before your links are dated. The US have set up bases illegally and in violation of international law long before that. "she" doesn't have the authority to invite another countries military into sovereign territory... FACT
    Only to be ignored because he knows EVERYONE knows its true and that you should be ignored. Whereas I am a fool for talking to you.

Alright, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but your blatantly trolling at this stage
    This is a lot of bless in your posts.

Only to be ignored because he knows EVERYONE knows its true and that you should be ignored. Whereas I am a fool for talking to you.

Like it or lump it Assad is the legitimate ruler of Syria and gets to say who can and can't be on Syrian territory... Feel free to put me on ignore... my day just gets better by the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

circadian wrote: »
    Have you got evidence to back this up? Not to mention that Iraqis are dancing in the streets?
    Mike Pompeo (the guy who thinks God sent Trump to save the jews from Iran, though funnily enough didn't seem bothered when the whole Holocaust thing was kicking off) said it so it must be true

Killing an American contractor at the weekend and trashing the American embassy didn't help things, all done with this guy's blessing. Iran want control of Iraq, the need the Americans out to do that.
    mercenary icon14.png

Like it or lump it Assad is the legitimate ruler of Syria and gets to say who can and can't be on Syrian territory... Feel free to put me on ignore... my day just gets better by the minute

There is no democratically elected legitimate leader of Syria. Hasn't been for decades. President Bashar al-Assad's family and his Ba'ath Party have remained dominant forces in the country's politics since a 1970 coup.

There has never been an recognized legit election since.

The Gulf Cooperation Council, the European Union and the United States all decried the election as illegitimate and a farce.State employees and civilians were told to vote assad or face interrogation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

You think Iran are going to stand down now?

What America still fail to get is the Muslim , Islamic Middle East state of mind and how that ‘mix ‘ views life. And it is because of this that I expect the Iranians to retaliate. It may be strategic re timing location , method, etc. it may decide not to support his re election and if elected then give him hell - albeit a little bit at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

GooglePlus wrote: »
    That couldn't happen without it being seen as an act of war by China and if that happened, we'd all be in for a rude awakening.

So one country selling anything to another country is an act of war, but killing a general isnt? Can Iran now legitimately go after US Generals? can you imagine what the response in the media would be if that had occurred?

This just escalates problems.

cosybeach wrote: »
    They just martyred a true gentleman not... he has more blood on hands including his own people

also killed Jamal Jafaar Ibrahimi the mastermind behind bombings in Kuwait during the 80s inc American embassy

Recent attacks in Iraq by Iranian proxies on US interests shouldn't be tolerated Iran is a nation run by fanatics and a threat to world order

Maybe regarding Iran, although they seem to be offerring stability more so than the US, what are the US offering? another Libya? another Syria?

lawred2 wrote: »
    So if such an operation can only be done with a Congressional mandate then why did the military carry out such an operation in the absence of it?

Hard to know, Im surprised they dont have a legal dept that deals with whether these things are legal or not, fortunately, hopefully they seem to have something in place for a Nuclear strike, and there apparently is a Legal military expert to determine if a counter strike can be legally authorised, although I suspect that will be over ridden in certain situations.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Exactly.

Some on here are saying this is massive and going to lead to this and that.

For me and you in Ireland, it'll have no impact. Other than maybe oil getting dearer.

And thats not a problem? Oil is the heart of everything! transport, industry, agriculture, that seems like a problem to me, shortages or price increases.

So, if Donald Trump had served in Vietnam, viewed as a pointless war, people would be ok with him doing this?? Or was the person I replied to point scoring??

He dodged going, not out of protest of the war though

kravmaga wrote: »
    He was never off limits, there have been several assassination attempts on his life by Israel secret service Mossad and USA previously.

The Americans have been restrained in recent months, the Iranians have been escalating their proxy war incidents of late against Saudi and US interests, who do you think attacked the oil fields in Saudi Arabia recently?

Once the US Embassy was attacked in Baghdad, that was the end of US restraint in the region.

And this is seen as ok? so he was on a hit list before the Embassy incident? and killing this guy helps how??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Mike Pompeo (the guy who thinks God sent Trump to save the jews from Iran, though funnily enough didn't seem bothered when the whole Holocaust thing was kicking off) said it so it must be true

mercenary icon14.png

Hold on, clarify the pompei holocaust thing.... sounds like youre trying to conflate republicans with nazi’s.... which is blatantly false

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Iran could target Trumps BFF Netanyahu OR Israel itself .

Iran could target Trumps BFF Netanyahu OR Israel itself .
    the saudis are a big target too

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a reminder to everyone - keep to the topic, and do not discuss other posters. If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Should the heading of the thread not read “ US murder Sulemani”?
    It reads like they took him out for dinner, a show or something.

Thought the same. If anyone else does similar they are terrorists.

If Iran do take out a Israel target, and the US was to respond in kind then Iran would wipe Israel off the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If Iran do take out a Israel target, and the US was to respond in kind then Iran would wipe Israel off the map.

Its not a PS4 game here.

Stuff like that ain't going to happen. Reel it back in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Expect oil tankers in the Gulf to be harassed by Iranian naval vessels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hold on, clarify the pompei holocaust thing.... sounds like youre trying to conflate republicans with nazi’s.... which is blatantly false
    To clarify, I'm not trying to conflate Republicans to Nazis at all

I'm mocking Pompeo who is on record as saying God sent Trump to save the jewish state Israel from Iran which is bizarre given he never bothered his b0ll0cks sending someone to save 6 million jews from the nazis

I wonder who in the arab world will take advantage of this ..or even in Iran itself.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Iran are very powerful military wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Surely the expected Iranian response will involve the Straits of Hormuz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not sure if posted yet, but US Oil workers have been kicked out of Iraq this afternoon.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Iran are very powerful military wise.

I am not attacking your post. I am not sure i agree with that ranking though. My reasoning is this. The rankings are often based on various things such as no of troops technology etc.

It ranks Russia as no 2.
    Russia has conscription and a large population. But these soldiers are not professional and serve only one year. Their equipment and training is notoriously poor.

But by the way some people measure military it will seem powerful because of the sheer number of soldiers at any time.

Their army of professional actual soldiers is much much smaller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

All Iran and Hizbollah would have to do is fire off a load of rockets in one direction and its absolute chaos of epic proportions.
    But they're not going to risk an all out war.

They'll keep the cool and let their foes look stupid and throw tantrums.

Looks like a bright move on the western front not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Not sure if posted yet, but US Oil workers have been kicked out of Iraq this afternoon.

More like to told to get the hell out of Dodge by US State Department.

Advertisement