Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

charlie14 wrote: »
    That report from The Aviation Herald suggest that from the crash site position the plane had turned around and was going back towards the airport.
    Could the fact that this plane was a Boeing 737-800 have anything to do with the crash ?
    I know it is not a Boeing 737-Max 8 but there are a lot of similarities between both.

Negative - Ryanair, for example, uses 737-800s -all their planes ate 737-800s, in fact. They don't drop out of the skies. The avionics between the two types are different, hence the MAX is grounded while the NG (-600, -700, -800 and -900) aren't.

I actually flew into Charles De Gaulle airport that night just after the Concord crash and followed the investigation afterwards.
    The crash by my understanding was due to debris on the runway that punctured a Concord fuel tank on take-off. When the pilot engaged Concord`s after- burners that was the catalyst for the fuel tank explosion.
    Like thousands of other planes the 787-800 fuel tanks are in the wings.
    An engine fire can very quickly cause those fuel tanks to explode.

Again, nope - fuel tanks don't "explode" that easily, not even those on the Concorde, otherwise we'd have jets exploding on a daily basis. Engine fires are relatively common as far as failures go, commercial aircraft are designed and equipped to effectively counteract them. Plus, the -800 is a modern aircraft that has benefited of decades of R&D in terms of safety and emergency procedures. Whatever happened to that airplane to bring it down, it was NOT a random "engine fire".

if you were iran would you trust the americans enough to give it to them?

Frankly, it's ridiculously stupid to take sides in this mess. Sure enough, the US are full of absolute morons and they're NOT restricted to the gun-totting, rocking-chair bound rednecks; As I often look up information about aviation, sources from "The National Interest" crop up in my Google fed and they often read like the delusions of a child with a persecution complex: "Here's how RUSSIA's latest fighter jet is a HUGE threat to the US", "Look at these missiles CHINA is planning to threaten AMERICA with!". The comments section is even more of a show of despair and being out of touch with reality.

On the other hand millions of people hitting the streets, crying and screaming, burning flags and stampeding 56 people to death in the process for the assassination of what was, without doubt, Class A human scum, points out to that nation as well as being pretty much collectively fecked up in the head.

It's the South Park "Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich" scenario again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Frankly, it's ridiculously stupid to take sides in this mess. Sure enough, the US are full of absolute morons and they're NOT restricted to the gun-totting, rocking-chair bound rednecks; As I often look up information about aviation, sources from "The National Interest" crop up in my Google fed and they often read like the delusions of a child with a persecution complex: "Here's how RUSSIA's latest fighter jet is a HUGE threat to the US", "Look at these missiles CHINA is planning to threaten AMERICA with!". The comments section is even more of a show of despair and being out of touch with reality.

not sure what that has to do with my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »
    The Iranians have publicly stated they are not handing the flight recorders (black boxes ) ,
    Iran hit the plane accidentally but that's ok apparently ,they joined the exclusive ranks of counties that have shot down civilians airliners along with the US and russia who top the league table with multiple shooting downs of civilian airliners.

No moral high ground for iran now awwwe

We are lucky to have you on boards Gatling. I can only assume that your certainty about what happened to the plane is because you have inside information that the rest of us don't have access to:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Iran is playing the strategic game against a impulsive deluded narcissist in mental decline, surrounded by sycophants and with a hugely weakened national security team. The chances of a US misstep are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Iran is playing the strategic game against a impulsive deluded narcissist in mental decline, surrounded by sycophants and with a hugely weakened national security team. The chances of a US misstep are huge.

They’ve already made it. Though there’s always the opportunity for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

The Iranians have publicly stated they are not handing the flight recorders (black boxes ) ,
    Iran hit the plane accidentally but that's ok apparently ,they joined the exclusive ranks of counties that have shot down civilians airliners along with the US and russia who top the league table with multiple shooting downs of civilian airliners.

No moral high ground for iran now awwwe

Do you somehow believe that flight recorders from a plane crash are automatically handed straight over to the manufacturer of the crashed plane.

The epitome of naivety if you do.

Btw, why do you edit posts in your replies.?
    Is it because they just do not suit your narrative as mine did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No Gatling it was the MH17 flight recorders that got 'lost'.

Which was shot down by Russian military forces

Do you have a point

Do you somehow believe that flight recorders from a plane crash are automatically handed straight over to the manufacturer of the crashed plane.

The epitome of naivety if you do.

We’re talking about someone who can’t take the word of the people who operate an airbase, that the airbase was hit with missiles. Work backwards from that.

Why would there be a need not to hand them over considering they the Iranians have publicly stated what caused the crash , debunked already by aviation industry experts

alastair wrote: »
    We’re talking about someone who can’t take the word of the people who operate an airbase, that the airbase was hit with missiles. Work backwards from that.

I didn't say it wasn't ..

Oops

• Advertisement

I didn't say it wasn't ..

Oops
    Gatling wrote:
    So the base is still there ,

Iran's missiles missed badly .

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Negative - Ryanair, for example, uses 737-800s -all their planes ate 737-800s, in fact. They don't drop out of the skies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409

Pretty much the same as last night.

"Pilot Error".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Why would there be a need not to hand them over considering they the Iranians have publicly stated what caused the crash , debunked already by aviation industry experts

Rush to judgement. Iran is communicating with the Ukrainian authorities about this incident and they released a statement too it may be an engine problem that caused the crash. Everything is possible. Since the Iranians are communicating with the Ukrainians they not likely not a cover up to hide the Iranians shot it down by mistake? They just not going to hand over anything to Americans right now, wake up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

We are lucky to have you on boards Gatling. I can only assume that your certainty about what happened to the plane is because you have inside information that the rest of us don't have access to:D

Remember this is the armchair General who told us Iran didn't have the missile capability to do something like last night, I'm sure he was getting suited up to go into combat last night, rambo knife tucked down into his doc martens, streaks of camo paint on his cheeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

The small debris field suggests this plane came down in one piece and not blown up in mid air. There is also a video that supports this showing the plane coming down intact.

LOL. Are you seriously suggesting that above all manufacturers that nowadays anyone would hand over un-examined flight recorders after a crash to Boeing:confused:

For starters it is not done because the relevant aviation area authority will first examine the the flight recorders and as to your aviation experts as they have not examined them either their expert opinion is guess work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »

that was due to pilot error not an issue with the plane itself.

Rush to judgement. Iran is corresponding with Ukrainian authorities about this incident and they released a statement too it may be an engine problem that caused the crash. Everything is possible. Since the Iranians are communicating with the Ukrainians they not likely not a cover up to hide the Iranians shot it down by mistake? They just not going to hand over anything to Americans right now, wake up!

Particularly after the judgement of the Ethiopians in refusing to send their black box to Boeing seems to have been justified by the subsequent revelations on the ‘flexibility’ in Boeing’s and the FAA’s response to issues with the 737 Max’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Remember this is the armchair General who told us Iran didn't have the missile capability to do something like last night, I'm sure he was getting suited up to go into combat last night, rambo knife tucked down into his doc martens, streaks of camo paint on his cheeks

The heaters on the gaming chair cranked up to 90.

Oops.

Where did I say they didn't ...

Well Alastair is this going to be like the dp threads you say something that isn't true and keep repeating ...

• Advertisement

Particularly after the judgement of the Ethiopians in refusing to send their black box to Boeing seems to have been justified by the subsequent revelations on the ‘flexibility’ in Boeing’s and the FAA’s response to issues with the 737 Max’s.

But Ethiopia didn't shoot down an airliner did they

It's like trying to say Murder should be able to withhold a murder weapon for forensic testing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why do you believe Iran do not have the capability to do the analysis themselves ?

Why do you believe they do?
    Did the Ukranians have that for the MH17 crash?

Where did I say they didn't ...

Perhaps the quote in the post might help you out in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

that was due to pilot error not an issue with the plane itself.

That was the the "probable causes of the accident". But they are pretty similar in how they crashed.

Neither flight crew made contact with the tower.

The best outcome for an airplane manufacturer is to blame the crew.

Jesus wept.

It like dealing with a 5 year old!!

It's like trying to say Murder should be able to withhold a murder weapon for forensic testing

I hear you claiming the Iranians shot down the plane, but that’s in a sea of other patently incorrect claims from you, so you’ll have to forgive my scepticism.

Perhaps the quote in the post might help you out in that regard?

No where does it say they didn't ...

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

We have to wait and see if it's real daylight image taken after the strikes?

499478.png

Where would we get a live satellite image from?
    Not as if Google maps has a bunch of satellites watching us all the time.

No Gatling it was the MH17 flight recorders that got 'lost'.
    They ended up in the UK which was very odd as they weren't one of the four countries involved in the inquiry.

because the Dutch investigators asked for assistance from the AAIB in Farnborough to read the data, as they are one of only two facilities in Europe with the required equipment.

Fairly straight forward really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Trump to speak to nation at 11am eastern time, 4 pm in Europe. We learn the next move here.

Advertisement