Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wouldn't put 100% trust in either sides numbers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Gatling wrote: »
    So two thirds of the missiles did not hit the base -yes
    So the majority of the missiles did not hit the base -yes

Most of the missiles did not hit the base and people are trying to suggest they didn't badly miss because one third of the missiles did hit ,

Basic math

Police fire 12 bullets, hit the target with 4 = police missed him badly?

Your posts on this are incredibly childish, truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

charlie14 wrote: »
    I actually flew into Charles De Gaulle airport that night just after the Concord crash and followed the investigation afterwards.
    The crash by my understanding was due to debris on the runway that punctured a Concord fuel tank on take-off. When the pilot engaged Concord`s after- burners that was the catalyst for the fuel tank explosion.
    Like thousands of other planes the 787-800 fuel tanks are in the wings.
    An engine fire can very quickly cause those fuel tanks to explode.

Correct about Concorde, an uncontrolled engine fire has never in history caused a fuel tank to explode on a plane.

There have been a few centre fuel tank explosions that I know of, but only on frames with little fuel in them where the fumes (as opposed to the fuel) ignited.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

osarusan wrote: »

Your posts on this are incredibly childish, truly.

I'm right and thats all that matters ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

josip wrote: »
    I wouldn't put 100% trust in either sides numbers tbh.

The numbers of missiles observed hitting the base by locals tallies with the number the DoD claim, and they say they were able to track the missiles, so they presumably have a pretty accurate number there too. It seems like they’re credible enough in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

alastair wrote: »
    Nobody has debunked the reality that they have been.

:D Never change my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Nobody blew up a passenger plane, they’ve managed to get the US military their marching orders from Iraq, and they look way more reasoned and tempered than the Trump administration, who are now illegally targeting sovereign government officials for assassination.

Yes, "reasoned" is the word most people are associating with Iran right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Basic maths tells me that a majority of the missiles, based on DoD figures, hit their target. Best of luck with your alternative facts.

Gatling can't count. 16 missiles fired 12 hit the target. Only 4 missed/failed for unknown reasons.

75 percent hit rate.

:D Never change my friend

Refer to the public statement by the Iraqi government. Refer also to the letter received by the Iraqi government from the DoD.

https://twitter.com/mustafa_salimb/status/1214272542506209280?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Iran 0 : Trump 1

To use a soccer phrase ; Trump ahead on away goals rule !! Lol .

If you're winning 1-0, away goals doesn't come in to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why do you believe they do?
    Did the Ukranians have that for the MH17 crash?
    Funnily enough the Ukrainians claimed they had data from the FDR, much to the surprise of the air accident investigators.

Ultimately this narrative of Iran "refusing" to hand over the boxes is propaganda. Stating the truth but presenting it as if it's something nefarious.

The fact of the matter is that international aviation rules state that the country in which the crash occurs, takes the lead in the investigation. The official investigators from the country of registration and the manufacturer's base are also required to be involved. This is the Ukraine investigation authority and the NTSB from the US. The lead can be handed over to another authority (as they did with MH17), and a number of other actors are allowed to ask to be involved, but not entitled.

Neither Boeing, nor the United States government have the right or authority to request the black boxes. Iran are not only entitled to refuse, they are procedurally bound to refuse and not break protocol.

So no, refusing to hand over the black boxes is not even slightly suspicious.

However, the US and/or Boeing asking for them, IS highly suspicious. What are they trying to cover up?

Yes, "reasoned" is the word most people are associating with Iran right now.

Comparatively - yes. Their foreign minister has played a blinder compared to the car crash of the Whitehouse.

75 percent hit rate.

So your saying Iran lied about firing 30 missiles ,you in turn stated missiles were hitting all over Iraq this morning .huge attack .

Now you's get caught out it's now the the dod claimed .

Not buying it sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Why aren't gas prices going through the roof if the US is on the verge of war with Iran? Shouldn't we be seeing $100 a barrel of oil? Could it be investors (whose perceptions are based on real-world events) realized Iran's threats are basically empty and symbolic and don't believe democrats and their lying media handmaiden’s rhetoric that Trump is trying to start a war?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

We have to wait and see if it's real daylight image taken after the strikes?

499478.png
    It still has the google maps stuff in the top left corner.

Unless google have already updated their maps to show the damage, or unless somebody added the google maps stuff to an actual image of the damage for some reason, it's not a genuine image of whatever damage there was.

So your saying Iran lied about firing 30 missiles ,you in turn stated missiles were hitting all over Iraq this morning .huge attack .

Now you's get caught out it's now the the dod claimed .

Not buying it sorry

Go back and read the thread correctly. 30 was reported when it started, but IRGC then stated they fired over a dozen missiles. All the statements i posted, just have a bad memory!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What time is Trump due to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

seamus wrote: »

So no, refusing to hand over the black boxes is not even slightly suspicious.

However, the US and/or Boeing asking for them, IS highly suspicious. What are they trying to cover up?

With the grestest respect to you , if Gatling says Iran downed the place then it must be true- he does not need to worry about providing ancillary details, like evidence- as he is privy to solid intelligence information the rest of us are not. We really should be honoured that he gives up some of his precious time to inform the rest of us about what really is going on...

notobtuse wrote: »
    Why aren't gas prices going through the roof if the US is on the verge of war with Iran? Shouldn't we be seeing $100 a barrel of oil? Could it be investors (whose perceptions are based on real-world events) realized Iran's threats are basically empty and symbolic and don't believe democrats and their lying media handmaiden’s rhetoric that Trump is trying to start a war?

The world is moving on from me oil , most countries have diversified their energy supplies over the last two decades ,
    It's something like only 15% (open to correction )of oil supplies come through the straight of Hormuz ,
    A big threat was reduced thanks to green energy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

The fact that a war hasn’t started on the scale many expected was explained earlier in this thread. It doesn’t mean Trump doesn’t want one. It just means he hasn’t got one.

And because he is a mentally unstable narcissist with low impulse control and vacuous advisers I will add: yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

With the grestest respect to you , if Gatling says Iran downed the place then it must be true- he does not need to worry about providing ancillary details, like evidence- as he is privy to solid intelligence information the rest of us are not. We really should be honoured that he gives up some of his precious time to inform the rest of us about what really is going on...

Not just Gatling, it seems some of the world's finest military minds are posting in here lately, to think...Iran only needs to drop a bomb on boards HQ and the American military machine would grind to a halt without these posters and their extensive military knowledge!

osarusan wrote: »
    It still has the google maps stuff in the top left corner.

Unless google have already updated their maps to show the damage, or unless somebody added the google maps stuff to an actual image of the damage for some reason, it's not a genuine image of whatever damage there was.

All I can identify is an Iranian twitter page added this picture and they declare this was the base looks like after the strikes. I know nothing other than that!

The world is moving on from me oil , most countries have diversified their energy supplies over the last two decades ,
    It's something like only 15% (open to correction )of oil supplies come through the straight of Hormuz ,
    A big threat was reduced thanks to green energy
    I think the amount is 25% of world oil that goes through there. Green energy does have an impact but not as much as a lot of people think.

As of 2018, energy consumption is:
    Oil (34%)
    Coal (27%)
    Natural Gas (24%)
    Hydro (renewables) (7%)
    Others (renewables) (4%)
    Nuclear (4%)

Also, the fracking revolution is actually what broke OPEC's hold on oil prices, IMO.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    The fact that a war hasn’t started on the scale many expected was explained earlier in this thread. It doesn’t mean Trump doesn’t want one. It just means he hasn’t got one.

And because he is a mentally unstable narcissist with low impulse control and vacuous advisers I will add: yet.

Lot of individuals were claiming they would not attack. I told them you wrong.
    Gatling even said i was wrong, when i said they attack after the funeral!
    Lot of people even denied Iranian missile capability- you learn something new today.
    Some people were even in denial the attack was happening last night! 

With the grestest respect to you , if Gatling says Iran downed the place then it must be true-

The shooting down of flight MH-17 threads showed exactly that I said it was shot down and a bunch of fanboi's scream and ranted that I was wrong and it was caused by technical faults and invisible cia operators with jet packs .

Spectacular fail on them .

Because I was right from the where the missile used against flight MH-17 to the Russian unit who operated the exact missile system.

But yet like your anything to write home about

KWAG2019 wrote: »

Where did you get your psychology degree... Starfleet Academy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Triggered.

Killing Iranian top general with a drone strike, does not make him stable does it? Iran preferred to limit its strike here, and they proved they are rational actors. Lets hope Trump got the message and we will avoid an all out war?

It's the most beautiful thing in the world that Gatling's mother registered an account for him on boards.ie the day he was born.

• Advertisement

Apparently Iran was hit with magnitude 4.9 earthquake near one of their nuclear plants early Wednesday. Who knew Trump was THAT powerful?

Advertisement