Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Boggles wrote: »
    Or he will rant and rave for 45 minutes, mention Hilary and Obama before sounding off at the news organisations before having a right go at Biden.

Then he will go back writing love letters to Kim Jong Un the leader of a country who stated 1000s of times they will nuke America.

Looney Tunes.

:rolleyes:

He'll probably switch back to meddling in Venezuela for a while, then back to Iran in a month or two, rinse and repeat..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Killing Iranian top general with a drone strike, does not make him stable does it? Iran preferred to limit its strike here, and they proved they are rational actors. Lets hope Trump got the message and we will avoid an all out war?
    Killing the Iranian general with the blood of some 600 US servicemen on his hands makes Trump President and Commander-In-Chief, and doing his job.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

notobtuse wrote: »
    Apparently Iran was hit with magnitude 4.9 earthquake near one of their nuclear plants early Wednesday. Who knew Trump was THAT powerful?

The magic of McDonald's and coke can conjure up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »

But yet like your anything to write home about

Calm down.

I am not the one making ridiculous claims without a scintilla of evidence. This thread has quite a few posts by you claiming stuff that isn't true.
    Your projection is off the scale at this stage. Please take your conspiracy nonsense to the appropriate forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Got some images now, very high up aerial photos. Need to get closer to see what they hit, but the missiles hit buildings inside the base. It looks like aircraft hangers? There looks to be helicopters beside it?

499485.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He now has the chance to call it quits, without seeming to concede anything and no (as far as is known) US deaths.

I see other impacts, but zoomed in for this. They look like hangars, there a runaway beside and i think helicopters beside that look tiny compared to it?

499487.png

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,336 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's the most beautiful thing in the world that Gatling's mother registered an account for him on boards.ie the day he was born.

OK, back on topic (which is not other posters)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

GM228 wrote: »
    Correct about Concorde, an uncontrolled engine fire has never in history caused a fuel tank to explode on a plane.

There have been a few centre fuel tank explosions that I know of, but only on frames with little fuel in them where the fumes (as opposed to the fuel) ignited.

You may be correct, but from memory there was a Boeing in around the mid 80`s that came close at Manchester Airport due to an engine fire on an aborted take-off that resulted in loss of life. Fire crews on scene along with the engine fire had to contend with a running fuel fire.
    I would not like to be in the air in that scenario hoping the fuel tanks do not ignite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

President Trump due to speak in a minute.

• Advertisement

For posters, trump to speak soon.

Got some images now, very high up aerial photos. Need to get closer to see what they hit, but the missiles hit buildings inside the base. It looks like aircraft hangers? There looks to be helicopters beside it?

499485.png

That's it???

Jesus it's a total and utter embarrassment for Iran.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Interesting to hear Trump’s spin on this today when he addresses the press.

My money is on him striking taking out more Iranian targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

faceman wrote: »

He'll probably threaten to bomb Mecca.

Odhinn wrote: »
    He now has the chance to call it quits, without seeming to concede anything and no (as far as is known) US deaths.

He has totally and utterly made a fool of Iran. Taken out their top terrorist and has had what looks like a few fireworks thrown at an empty base despite Iran saying a "dark day coming for America":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

He must be waiting on instructions from Bibi..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Calm down.

Nothing I've posted in this thread is wrong or false ,

Your opinion or others it doesn't matter.

Actually this is all because you got booted out of a thread for trolling and abuse what 3 years ago now ,still butt hurting , nothing more than a wannabe bully With a keyboard,

faceman wrote: »

He mightn't now as he's embarrassed Iran to a huge extent but it wouldn't surprise me if they have more intelligence info that they will act on.

Remember we as the public are been fed scraps

That's it???

Jesus it's a total and utter embarrassment for Iran.

You clueless to what a precision strike is. There a lot more damage, i see in other images, but blocked from view not clear what they hit in those areas. I just see lot of scorched ruins, hard to make out. Missiles are not nukes, they don't take out the whole base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You clueless to what a precision strike is. There a lot more damage, i see in other images, but blocked from view not clear what they hit in those areas. I just see lot of scorched ruins, hard to make out. Missiles are not nukes, they don't take out the whole base.

You have to remember that his whole military knowledge comes from Rambo movies where one grenade can take down a whole building.

• Advertisement

Calm down. Your supposed multiple ongoing attacks wankaton last night didn't transpire, i get it.

Calm down. Your supposed multiple ongoing attacks wankaton last night didn't transpire, i get it.

I reported two bases was hit. Turned out to be factual. Fox News report said bases all across Iraq were hit, i posted her tweet.

Iran has confirmed they fired two salvos of missiles, 16 missiles in total according to the Pentagon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

You have to remember that his whole military knowledge comes from Rambo movies where one grenade can take down a whole building.

He sounds like he's trained in the art's of war, and he's extremely efficient and very tactical with his precision.

No doubt he's a son of a gun.

I hearing Fateh-110 missiles, and maybe cruise missiles, but its early reports. Iran has cruise missiles so be interesting if they have not usd them yet?

110 missiles. You hearing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The initial strike against Gen.Suleimani's convoy really did appear to fulfill the requirements of "Precision".
    From the images I've so far seen,it appears that two vehicles were targetted and destroyed with almost no demage to the surrounding area.

THAT level of precision does not come easily or cheaply in modern military terms,so I wonder what level of technical advancement the Iranian Republic actually possesses ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

That type of missile not number of them :confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fateh-110

US planes are flying out of their base, expect to hear of bombing raids in the next half hour to an hour. Iran anti-air defence will be busy.

Eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fateh-110 is a type of missile used by Iran.

That type of missile not number of them :confused:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Seems his make up and hair needs a bit more attention

Advertisement