Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US take out Suleimani - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

US official to ABC confirms Iranian ballistic missiles have been launched on multiple US military facilities in Iraq including Erbil in northern Iraq and Al Asad Air Base in west- via @juliamacfarlane

Early reports of 20+ dead at bases.

:eek:

Sad thing is if its ballistic missile attack US soldiers are dying right now because of Trump!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You clueless to what a precision strike is. There a lot more damage, i see in other images, but blocked from view not clear what they hit in those areas. I just see lot of scorched ruins, hard to make out. Missiles are not nukes

Precision strike is what you would call the strike that happened to Soleimani the other day hit designated target with a single missile or two ,

Lobbing 20 - 30 missiles at a large site isn't precision it's akin to carpet bombing a base hoping to hit something rather than picking a single target and flattening it and doing no other damage,

But missiles tend to do a lot of primary and secondary damage especially warheads tend to pack a fair amount or explosives compared to mortars and home made rockets

There no doubt Trump going to strike , it war now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gatling wrote: »
    Nothing I've posted in this thread is wrong or false ,

You sound a bit upset yourself on being called out:D Is it that you post so many false claims that you can't keep track.

Two name but two in this thread: You said Iran downed the plane
    Blackwater still exists according to you:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The initial strike against Gen.Suleimani's convoy really did appear to fulfill the requirements of "Precision".
    From the images I've so far seen,it appears that two vehicles were targetted and destroyed with almost no demage to the surrounding area.

THAT level of precision does not come easily or cheaply in modern military terms,so I wonder what level of technical advancement the Iranian Republic actually possesses ?

No matter what they possess militarily, they are passionate and confident they can defend their country.

Rightly so, no doubt we'll be getting an update soon on Trumps address.

I think Trump can go either way, he can respond or leave it go.

I think he's a pebble in the shoe kind of guy, small things get to him rather than big things.

He might even surprise us and say something unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

threeball wrote: »
    The small debris field suggests this plane came down in one piece and not blown up in mid air. There is also a video that supports this showing the plane coming down intact.

The MH17 debris field also looks small when you view the images. Later other debris was found over a much wider area.

Who's to say that other debris hasn't been located much further afield. But certainly the bulk in both cases is in a small area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

:eek:

Tweets by journalists, not my problem they got it wrong! You don't understand what fog of war is false reports occur.

Iran limited it strike, you just don't understand that. If Iran wanted to kill US soldiers there ballistiic missiles can do that, you live in a world that you think it can't happen.

BREAKING: AT Least 3 US locations been hit in #Iraq by #Iran missiles.

Al Asad, in Erbil, and Taji (now confirmed by VOA)

Least three places, this what Iran calls a not big response!

Multi-quote exists, and make it clear they're old posts. I thought you quoted a new post and there had been an attack.

• Advertisement

Al Asad, and Erbil occurred try again. The other base was a false report.

New sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sad thing is if its ballistic missile attack US soldiers are dying right now because of Trump!
    Saddest thing of is that they are expendable and even in death are exploited for propaganda purposes.
    All those Marines who died at the hands of Sunni terrorists are now victims of Suleimani. The Sunni insurgency against US forces have been more or less erased from history.

There's going to be no war, sorry Gatling it's not going to be happening.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

X111111111111 - do not post in this thread again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Good speech by Trump.
    Never thought I'd say it.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Good speech by Trump.

I was thinking he'd still say good things about Iran, it was all just a bit of pantomime etc

Hopefully good will come out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Two name but two in this thread: You said Iran downed the plane
    Blackwater still exists according to you:D

Yes I said Iran shot down the plane i stand by it .

Blackwater still exists according to - that's a lie

I said it didn't, cheerful said it did apparently they changed their name several times and were bought out and runs as American training or something like that .

Good speech by Trump.

I wouldn't say it's great. But it's good enough that it lets America walk away and his supporters etc. will be fine with it. Many would have expected a rambling incoherent mess ending with him declaring WWIII.

Of course, posters here will continue to call Iran weak or say it's embarrassing. Iran just wants to avoid being destroyed and it's achieved that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Here was me thinking that Iran and the mullahs only knew of and understood violence yet they're very measured response leaves the political door open for future talks. Hope both sides grasp at this and push forward with talks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Good speech by Trump.

Very measured, all in all. Imagine John Bolton threw his whiskey bottle at his tv screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Hahaha Trump trying to take credit for the defeat of ISIS...he's some winkle

Wonder of all that talk about oil reveals their real motive for the death and destruction they've caused in the middle east

nthclare wrote: »
    I was thinking he'd still say good things about Iran, it was all just a bit of pantomime etc

Hopefully good will come out of this.

It was a good speech.
    No bellicose language, and an olive leaf for peace.

Not Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Warmonger? I didn't see it... did any of you in Trump's statement?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Good speech by Trump.

Trump got the message and he understands Iran wanted to not escalate. Its over for now, till the next crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Missed Trump's speech. How many times did he mention Obama?

Very measured, all in all. Imagine John Bolton threw his whiskey bottle at his tv screen.

Id say a few posters here smashed their smart phones too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Missed Trump's speech. How many times did he mention Obama?

A few. The usual guff re the treaty the US reneged on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

nthclare wrote: »
    Id say a few posters here smashed their smart phones too lol
    Only Democrats and their media handmaidens. ;)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

This is what I hoped for.

Iran and US have managed this crisis well.

Advertisement