Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon Risk <5% ?

• 03-01-2020 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been reading about the potential risk of Radon gas. Some areas seem more affected than others.

What is the accepted Radon Potential Risk? Is less than 5% what normal is considered?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Refer to part c TGD

• Subscribers Posts: 41,703 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Kaldo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been reading about the potential risk of Rodon gas. Some areas seem more affected than others.

What is the accepted Rodon Potential Risk? Is less than 5% what normal is considered?

Thanks

more than 10% is considered high radon levels, and buildings in these areas have extra building regulations to adhere to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kaldo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been reading about the potential risk of Rodon gas. Some areas seem more affected than others.

What is the accepted Rodon Potential Risk? Is less than 5% what normal is considered?

Thanks

There should be no acceptable risk.
    You refer to the maps highlighting radon levels and you build accordingly.
    Membrane and sump is what I used if if both not technically required.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaldo

kceire wrote: »
    There should be no acceptable risk.
    You refer to the maps highlighting radon levels and you build accordingly.
    Membrane and sump is what I used if if both not technically required.

Thanks.

However, according to the maps there is risk everywhere being Dublin county the one which is less affected. I don't think all properties have membrane and sump integrated within their structure.

I understand 1st floor or above are less affected than the ones on the ground (e.g basements or houses)

Advertisement