Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance quote cheaper for new customers

• 03-01-2020 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Was with find for home insurance. When I go online and say I'm a new customer, I get quote of approx 50 cheaper. They seem to give discount to new customers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

seefin wrote: »
    Was with find for home insurance. When I go online and say I'm a new customer, I get quote of approx 50 cheaper. They seem to give discount to new customers.

That's normal, there is no reason not to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

They're still slightly cheaper than any other quote even as existing customer. But may leave them this year so that can avail of discount next year. I may ring them and explain this, maybe they'll give me discount if think I'm leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

seefin wrote: »
    They're still slightly cheaper than any other quote even as existing customer. But may leave them this year so that can avail of discount next year. I may ring them and explain this, maybe they'll give me discount if think I'm leaving

No guarantee that with discount they'll be cheaper than the competition next year. Why not go with best you can get this year and reassess next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Q&A wrote: »
    No guarantee that with discount they'll be cheaper than the competition next year. Why not go with best you can get this year and reassess next year?
    They're only 4 euros cheaper so may take the risk and leave them and come back next year. Theyve been cheaper the last few years so have stayed with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

Actually, there is. Fine if you just want basic buildings and contents cover, but if you want to insure things like bikes, jewellery etc, you may find yourself having to get valuations if over a certain value, a threshold which seems to vary by insurer

• Advertisement
Advertisement