Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veganuary 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where did you see that?

I see brother hubbard have a veganuary sharing menu, their food is class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I was in a food court around D15. They had signs everywhere with the impossible taco fries. Mayonnaise and cheese all over it.

They are going with the selling point of 0% meat

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

It would be nice if all of these places can keep their vegan offerings (minus falafel) for longer that just January!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh i wonder is it impossible beef or jsut a word they are using, big pity that it is not vegan

JustMe,K wrote: »
    It would be nice if all of these places can keep their vegan offerings (minus falafel) for longer that just January!

hahaha i FEEL you on the falafel. It was the token no effort offering for so many years. It can feck off at this stage :D
    Falafel (falafail) free zone

quPcyIjl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi everyone I was in at Eatyard at the weekend and had the most yummiest nachos ever from My Goodness Cafe. They used Notcho Nocheeze on them and it was so tasty....have been trying to source an Irish company that sells it but no joy. Have any of you had/ bought it before?

Haven't seen that in shops but yes those nachos are unreal!

8WGCJIml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

hahaha i FEEL you on the falafel. It was the token no effort offering for so many years. It can feck off at this stage :D

i ended up a couple of times in a cafe in santorini called felafaland and they were just delicious, but they were all freshly fried to order and they had draught beer which helped :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I was in at Eatyard at the weekend and had the most yummiest nachos ever from My Goodness Cafe. They used Notcho Nocheeze on them and it was so tasty....have been trying to source an Irish company that sells it but no joy. Have any of you had/ bought it before?

I got nachos from My Goodness with that cheeze sauce, and yes it's good.

Plenty recipes on the Internet for the sauce but I haven't tried any. I'm willing to bet cashews, nooch flakes and turmeric are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I got nachos from My Goodness with that cheeze sauce, and yes it's good.

Plenty recipes on the Internet for the sauce but I haven't tried any. I'm willing to bet cashews, nooch flakes and turmeric are in there.

Yes, plus carrots and a potato and mustard in mine. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭donegal_man

fresh vegan sausage rolls in aldi last night

Where were they? I was looking for the frozen ones but they've disappeared from the freezers in Letterkenny (at least from the original store on Ramelton Rd).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Fantastic insta, thanks for sharing!!

Also spotted the jackfruit pizza in Tesco yesterday. Also quorn Chicken and Bacon lattices which I think only came out in the last week.

Cleaned up posts, this thread is not for discussing healthiness of things, it is for the spread of information about vegan products. Feel free to make a thread about the merits of apples separately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

dmm82 wrote: »

I actually spoke to someone today on this very topic, and apparently My Goodness do sell the cheeze sauce in jars for takeaway. Not sure if they are in your area, but do have a look.

Any questions about the above can be asked via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭riddles

Has anyone noticed a big health bounce from becoming vegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Supermacs in Mallow had a few different offerings today, I think 3 different baps, it was really busy so couldn't get too close a look. Falafel definitely featured though :eek:

My Goodness do sell their notcho cheez in the English Market, I'd imagine they'll scale up in Dublin too.

Really really good company to support, very socially conscious ethos, use locally grown sustainably produced stuff, staffed on a cooperative basis. Lovely lovely people seriously, even if their food wasn't fcuking unreal I'd probably still buy it. Keep an eye out for the water kefir if it shows up in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

riddles wrote: »

Yes. Lost plenty of weight, cholesterol way down, more energy, etc.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Bought the Jackfruit pizza and chocolate brownie ice cream today in Aldi. I have to say, the ice cream is absolutely amazing, way nicer than Nobo and Swedish Glace. Haven't tried the pizza yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Bought the Jackfruit pizza and chocolate brownie ice cream today in Aldi. I have to say, the ice cream is absolutely amazing, way nicer than Nobo and Swedish Glace. Haven't tried the pizza yet.

I found that ice cream too sickly for me but I loved the pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

https://uk.veganuary.com/recipes/low-sugar-sweet-and-sour-sauce

Made this sweet and sour last night. Pretty easy.

Since I hadn't some of the ingredients I subbed ginger powder, chili flakes, mayple syrup and oat flour.
    I doubled the ingredients and added other veg. too (finely dice the onion).

Supervalu are making a new recipe poste very day for veganuary https://www.instagram.com/supervalu_irl/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

riddles wrote: »

Lots of energy, lost weight, sleep better, skin and hair looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Where were they? I was looking for the frozen ones but they've disappeared from the freezers in Letterkenny (at least from the original store on Ramelton Rd).

sorry missed that they are in the fresh section near the felafals in donegal town.

Had the meatless marinara meatball sub from subway and thought it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Denny have realised some vegan sausages. Available in dunnes

Here's a common vegan cheese and spread guide :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ooZ-RnSxD/?igshid=1qvq7nbgsgg6o

There's also chocolate, biscuit and crisp guides on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Tilikum17 wrote: »

I got some yesterday in Supervalu and I was very impressed, they were gorgeous, sold out in our local shop in a day. It would be great if they were made by a 'meat' free company, but every step towards vegetarianism/veganism is a good step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I got some yesterday in Supervalu and I was very impressed, they were gorgeous, sold out in our local shop in a day. It would be great if they were made by a 'meat' free company, but every step towards vegetarianism/veganism is a good step.

Sold out in dunnes near me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tilikum17 wrote: »

On a similar note, I'm in the UK and Richmond (purveyors of ****ty Irish style sausages) have done a vegan sausage that's a dead knockoff of their meaty ones.

My kids devour the damn things :D

I'm a huge fan of the vegan meatball marinara sub from Subway as well - load it up with plenty of veg, throw on some of the garlic aioli sauce (also vegan) and you've got this wonderful saucy mess that happens to be entirely plant based.

Advertisement