Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home office build

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Only got around to putting this together this weekend. Very straightforward. The case is great and makes running any cables easy. Very happy with the speed and performance. Runs extremely quiet too.

Thanks again K.O.Kiki, and everyone else for contributing. Saved me a fortune

Can't get my 2nd monitor to work via displayport. Windows not detecting it. I just tested it with my old computer and there's no issue with the monitor or cable. Had a look in the BIOS to see if there's any setting but no joy. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Will it work without the other screen connected?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Will it work without the other screen connected?

No. Monitor saying 'no video input' when plugged out and back in again (on its own)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd say it's a driver issue. Use DDU to uninstall all drivers and then get the latest AMD drivers from their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

In all fairness, the fact it doesn't display a picture when connected alone points out to the DP not being enabled; It's worth checking the drivers, but usually the bootup/BIOS screens would be displayed on whatever port a screen is connected to. So, check the BIOS again I'd say...which motherboard did you get in the end?

Gigabyte B450 Gaming X. I can't see anything in particular in the BIOS and google search not finding anything useful

Sorted. I updated the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' in Device Manager and it sorted it out. Thanks for the help

Synode wrote: »
    Sorted. I updated the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' in Device Manager and it sorted it out. Thanks for the help

Hah, you don't have the Radeon drivers installed at all? Install them...

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Hah, you don't have the Radeon drivers installed at all? Install them...

Ha, doh! I never even thought of it

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Ha, doh! I never even thought of it

In all fairness, at least with nVidia cards Windows recognizes them and installa...some version of the manufacturer drivers. I haven't had an AMD gpu or APU (they are Vega cores iirc) for over a decade now (I "unfortuntely" use some CUDA applications), thought they'd get drivers installed automatically as well :/

Hey, OP here. I'm considering building another one of these for someone. Would anyone recommend any changes, or a different build entirely? My own machine is running like a dream.

Advertisement